ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Old 02-27-14, 10:26 PM
kozygirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new here and have no idea how to ask a question...so forgive me if I do it wrong...myquestion is I have 1996 es300..mechanic says I need a DPFE sensor...but I cant find one on any sites ive looked so far...is it called something else or is it not called dpfe? what should I google to buy part? thanks so much
Old 02-28-14, 10:27 AM
jwotis
Driver School Candidate

Hi folks. I sort introduced myself in my first "help, what do I do" post earlier, but I've been spending so much time searching for problems and solutions over the past week+ on here that I overlooked the sticky introduction post!

Bought my first lexus a couple weeks ago, a stock '93 with 177K miles. It looked pretty clean, ran well, and only had some minor issues (mostly deferred maintenance it seemed - tires brakes lightbulbs) when we bought it. It has pretty quickly started acting up and has keeping me busy!

Lots of faith in Toyota/Lexus quality though, and looking forward to getting under the hood and getting it back into shape.

Cheers,
Josh
Old 03-03-14, 02:45 PM
clintbw
Rookie

Default From Camry to ES300

I just sold my 1998 Camry XLE V6 last week and purchased a 2001 Lexus ES300 yesterday. I am familiar with the engine obviously but the ES300 is so much nicer. It needs some attention which I'm more than willing to grant it, but I'll need help from you all. From what I've gathered, it needs a new Vehicle Speed Sensor, Knock Sensors, and an alignment. It's in great condition physically. I've attached some photos. I sold the Camry for $2800 with 200k miles, and bought the ES300 for $3000 with 132k miles.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-00k0k_isgvglc8gkz_600x450.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-00z0z_1ib3lbwsbm5_600x450.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-00m0m_atok4hfn03n_600x450.jpg  
Old 03-04-14, 08:39 AM
rotaryjohn
Driver School Candidate

Just joined the club. Purchased a new to me 2002 ES300 with 108k miles and near perfect condition. Need to update the GPS as where I live grew like crazy the past 13 years. TBWP done and all maintenance was up to date. Had small oil leak and got the valve cover gaskets replaced as part of purchase.
Old 03-05-14, 03:07 PM
stevesbebe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new-to-you ES300 and ES330, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model (ES300 or ES330) and package (ex - Coach)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options including Nav, etc.

and a picture!
first time ever on any forum of any kind! trying to find out how often to change synthetic oil in my 2006 ES330 with 110,000 miles; last oil change was 105,000 miles. Also how do I know if the ATF should be changed? All I've ever done with this car is have oil changed which used to be the regular-type oil; new timing belt, new water pump, new tires and new batteries, new spark plugs. Also supposedly the air filter was changed. thanks for any input.
Old 03-05-14, 08:38 PM
Gerson
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! It should be a reddish color on the dipstick and must be in operating temp while running to check the level. Carfax it for the history and if any doubt you can change it by removing the drain 10mm hex plug and refill it with nearly 4 quarts of Toyota T-IV ATF. Good luck.
Old 03-06-14, 03:08 AM
martonl300
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the Forum

Hi! I'm new here but have read some of the forum before looking for answers re my 2000 ES300. I bought it last May, had 142K miles and I absolutely love it! I was driving a 1997 Avalon that my parents gave me when they bought a new car and I thought that was nice, but this Lexus is a doll! I bought it from a used car dealer in Las Vegas, NV, and other than the fact that he sold it to me with only 1 key that I found out later is not a master key II sure didn't do my research well!) I haven't had any problems with it. I've already put a lot of miles on it as I was working out of state and driving home on the weekends, but it hasn't let me down yet. I hope to learn a lot more about it and maybe even do some work on it myself. Thanks for the help and this great forum! My girl is gold with the tan leather seats.

Last edited by martonl300; 03-06-14 at 03:09 AM. Reason: forgot some details
Old 03-11-14, 02:10 PM
bboatman
Driver School Candidate

Default New to me 2002 ES300 with all options

I just purchased a 2002 ES300 with 67k miles on it. It was owned by an older lady who apparently didn't drive it much. No wrecks, no damage. This is the premium model with Navigation, rear-window shade and the Levinson sound system. We just got it, but love it already. We sold a 2002 Camry to get the money together to buy the new Lexus. We probably paid more than we should have, but I don't know how often an '02 with 67k is gonna come along. We paid $8,800 cash. I got $4,500 for my Camry with 136k on the ticker. The color of our ES300 is gold with the tan leather interior. I will try to figure out how to post pics ASAP. Nice to meet all of you on this forum and I look forward to sharing thoughts and ideas.

I live in Northern Nevada!

Brian
Old 03-13-14, 12:04 AM
Rontgen
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased a 2000 ES300 Platinum with 158K on it. It will be primarily for my 16 y/o daughter to drive, but also serve as a backup to the other family vehicles. Considering the age & mileage, it's in excellent condition and drives like new! I joined the forums to learn a little more about these cars and to get prepared in case I have to troubleshoot & repair anything!

Old 03-13-14, 12:39 AM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rontgen
I just purchased a 2000 ES300 Platinum with 158K on it. It will be primarily for my 16 y/o daughter to drive, but also serve as a backup to the other family vehicles. Considering the age & mileage, it's in excellent condition and drives like new! I joined the forums to learn a little more about these cars and to get prepared in case I have to troubleshoot & repair anything!
Welcome to Club Lexus!

That's a beautiful car.

Your daughter is a very lucky girl.
Old 03-15-14, 10:04 PM
bboatman
Driver School Candidate

Default Well, here she is...$8,800 later. Thoughts?

We got her this week. I washed and waxed her today. 67k miles. Navigation, levinson sound system. Runs great. I may have paid too much, but I REALLY WANTED IT. Owned by a little old lady.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpg  
Old 03-15-14, 10:07 PM
bboatman
Driver School Candidate

Default Another pic

Pic of the new ride
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpg  
Old 03-15-14, 10:09 PM
bboatman
Driver School Candidate

Default One last picture

One last pic of the new to me car...
Old 03-18-14, 03:20 AM
ESflexed
Driver School Candidate

What up CL!? New here.... The name is Troy.... Born & raised in Houston. Alongside Team Ikon. Trying to still get comfortable with navigating through the forum.... Have always had a soft spot for the ES(00-01) models, and owned a 98 GS in the past! So I decided it was time to begin doing my homework and get back to it. Have HUGE plans for this vehicle, air ride, jp interior pieces, wheels, to say the least. I've realized over the past few months we don't have much of an aftermarket selection to my understanding....? Any exhaust options? Coil over options(lowest, reliable, high quality), looking to get retrofit done as well....? Any reply is appreciated..... Hope I don't get flamed I've snooped around to try an find info on the questions I've asked here..... Still trying to figure it all out.... Here's a teaser:
2001 Lexus ES300
40K miles
Black interior
Millenium Silver Metallic/Antique Sage Pearl

/fLex\
Old 03-19-14, 09:56 AM
tony808
Driver School Candidate

I'm new here. My name is Tony. I just got a 1990 es250 a couple of weeks ago. Love this car and I heard it's really rare. Interior is in mint condition. Body is still straight. Only 90k miles and ac is still very cold. Everything is still stock. I only plan on changing the rims. Fix the clear coat that is peeling and change the stock cd player

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!