ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Old 09-02-13, 07:27 PM
Mchungaji
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Arrived

Hello to all and thanks for letting me join this forum.
A friend gave us, yes, gave us a 1996 ES 300. It's black with gold trim, tan leather seats, and over 300000 miles. Incredibly smooth ride and I can only imagine how it drove when new. It has a few minor issues and I mean minor but there is one thing I need to get fixed and that is the cluster. I tried replacing the bulbs but that was a struggle because many of the sockets were cracked or broken. The needles do not light up and from my reading other forums I am not the first to deal with that. Thanks for any help that can be given and thanks again for being a great resource.
Old 09-08-13, 12:11 PM
perrysES30
Driver School Candidate

hello, im Perry, new here, i have a 93 es300, bought it in may of '13, had a complete rebuild and now about to do a complete custom exaust, am starting on complete suspension rehab next week,
Old 09-11-13, 09:08 AM
farrell275
Driver School Candidate

Default need help on window regulator 01 es300

trying to clock window so it won't go down by itself.is there any pdf i can get a look at cause i've had it out 3 times so im missing something,thanks for the help
Old 09-17-13, 08:09 AM
lfaspeed
Driver School Candidate

Default hey everyone

heyy

im new here , im thinking of purchasing a 2001 es300

there 2 problems with it , one is theres a misfire and the car always struggles to start

and 2 the is running lean , and when i drove the car had to pull or accelaration it was lacking serious performance

what can be the issue of this ?
Old 09-19-13, 02:43 AM
bchboyfm82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats up everyone.. came across this site in a google search and been using it for refference for about a year now.. great forum and glad to have finally signed up..

i am the PROUD owner of a 2001 Lexus ES300 (Roxy) and look forward to interacting with everyone one on here.im a bit of a car noob but not a complete dunce either, so bear with me.. SEE YOU IN THE FORUMS

Old 09-22-13, 02:16 PM
pmazur
Driver School Candidate

Default new lexus owner

hello pam here..

first time owner of 2004 ES330! crystal white exterior and love it! Few little items; lighter doesn't work...need to use for charging phone and it's not the fuse. Also the heater blows hot on driver side but not passengers. No warranty so any tips for DIY would be much appreciated!!

thanks in advance!
Old 09-22-13, 05:27 PM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pmazur
hello pam here..

first time owner of 2004 ES330! crystal white exterior and love it! Few little items; lighter doesn't work...need to use for charging phone and it's not the fuse. Also the heater blows hot on driver side but not passengers. No warranty so any tips for DIY would be much appreciated!!

thanks in advance!
Welcome!
I'll try to assist you with your cigarette lighter:
If its not the 15A CIG fuse, then my question is, does the power outlet work in the arm rest? If both don't work, theres a bad ground (instrument panel brace on the left hand side). To ensure it is a bad ground you might want to check 15A fuse Power Point as that is supposed to power the power outlet in the arm rest.
If the power outlet works, its one of two things, either the cigarette lighter component is bad or you've possibly got a bad junction block and wire harness connection.
I'm not sure what your ability is for electrical repair is, so hopefully this will help you at least diagnose it for now. I'll try to help you further if you would like.

Last edited by PuReChaos; 09-22-13 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-23-13, 06:00 AM
pmazur
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PuReChaos
Welcome!
I'll try to assist you with your cigarette lighter:
If its not the 15A CIG fuse, then my question is, does the power outlet work in the arm rest? If both don't work, theres a bad ground (instrument panel brace on the left hand side). To ensure it is a bad ground you might want to check 15A fuse Power Point as that is supposed to power the power outlet in the arm rest.
If the power outlet works, its one of two things, either the cigarette lighter component is bad or you've possibly got a bad junction block and wire harness connection.
I'm not sure what your ability is for electrical repair is, so hopefully this will help you at least diagnose it for now. I'll try to help you further if you would like.
thanks for the leads...I'll let you know!
Old 09-23-13, 12:04 PM
Erased
Driver School Candidate

Hi fellow car enthusiasts! I just purchased a 2002 Lexus ES300, Mystic Sea Opal.

Details on car:
-One owner
-49k miles
-Arizona car
-Bone stock

I am glad to own another Lexus, I used to own a 93 GS300 that I absolutely loved. The car drives great! I do know it will need timing belt maint, and waterpump, etc. Even though the mileage is low, the age of car reflects need for a visit to the shop. I would like to make a few modifications, such as radio, tint, HID headlamps, LED interior lighting. I would like to update the wheels but cannot find one platform that looks good besides stock. I have seen some with big chrome wheels but it just doesnt seem to fit the lines of the car. Any suggestions would be great, the older gens seem more friendly with modifications in general. Any other pointers would be great! I read many reviews on the drive by wire concerns, and I didnt notice anything crazy while driving mine. This vehicle is going to be a daily driver. Looking forward to being part of this car forum, as it seems to have good info, and friendly crowds in general.

A few pics of the car:

The following users liked this post:
Saintsfan1 (01-08-23)
Old 09-23-13, 12:16 PM
Erased
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sierra02ES
Hey hey! Just bought my "new to me" 2002 ES300 with 48k miles on it, I'm looking forward to, like, 100 years of dependable service out of it from what I've read! I work at a Cadillac dealership in TN..which...is of course where I bought it.

Options
Mark levinson sound
Navigation
Heated seats
Disc changer
Sunroof
Power rear sunshade
HID Headlights
And I just discovered the automatic wipers! (Cadillac calls this rainsense)
Nice find! I just grabbed one with 48,500 miles myself.
Old 09-24-13, 06:28 AM
pmazur
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Erased
Hi fellow car enthusiasts! I just purchased a 2002 Lexus ES300, Mystic Sea Opal.

Details on car:
-One owner
-49k miles
-Arizona car
-Bone stock

I am glad to own another Lexus, I used to own a 93 GS300 that I absolutely loved. The car drives great! I do know it will need timing belt maint, and waterpump, etc. Even though the mileage is low, the age of car reflects need for a visit to the shop. I would like to make a few modifications, such as radio, tint, HID headlamps, LED interior lighting. I would like to update the wheels but cannot find one platform that looks good besides stock. I have seen some with big chrome wheels but it just doesnt seem to fit the lines of the car. Any suggestions would be great, the older gens seem more friendly with modifications in general. Any other pointers would be great! I read many reviews on the drive by wire concerns, and I didnt notice anything crazy while driving mine. This vehicle is going to be a daily driver. Looking forward to being part of this car forum, as it seems to have good info, and friendly crowds in general.

A few pics of the car:

love the color!
Old 09-24-13, 05:01 PM
tim43
Driver School Candidate

Default new

I am a new proud owner of a 1992 es300. I love the car and am currently in the stages of cleaning it up.i took the car to have it smogged and it failed,so I did a tune up ,plugs,wires. I took it back for smog and it failed even worse this time. I talked to a mechanic and he said this car takes a special plug and I cant find what hes talking about. I even took the old plug and tried to find it on line with no success. anybody know what I need to use. Thanks
Old 09-28-13, 04:01 AM
CORamos
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default New member

Hello everyone.

I'm new here, but I've had my 2003 ES300 for about seven years now. It's got 180,000 miles and has been almost completely trouble-free until recently.

It's really not worth taking it to the dealer anymore, and I really don't want to get rid of it just yet, so I decided to work on it myself as best I can. I figure as long as the engine is still running strong I should be able to get a few more years out of it.

Carlos
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexus-6.jpg  
Old 09-28-13, 05:43 PM
BettyLex
Driver School Candidate

Default ES350 Trunk stuck

2009 ES350 trunk is stuck. I have tried the remote, the inside button, the valet button, the trunk button by the rear view camera, the yellow handle while pushing/pulling on trunk and no luck. All with car on and off and hear the click while doing all this. Help!

Last edited by BettyLex; 09-28-13 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-30-13, 06:26 AM
charleswat
Driver School Candidate

Default Charles own es300

I'm an old 'new user to forum I've own my 92 Lexus about 5 ys.now
I overhaul the engine myself it drives and rides great but my biggest
problem now is the RPM's after it warms up the rpm's drops to 450 r so
but the car runs good. Has anyone had this problem before may I get a little help please. Thank in advance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!