ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-14, 04:49 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Very nice indeed. That is one fine car.

Good luck.
Old 08-17-14, 07:39 AM
lexusdan76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New(used) ride

1997 Lexus Es300. Guy is bringing it today. He has 100% Feedback so I trust that it is running perfect as he says. I bought this as a work car but I kinda like it, so I want to take care of it.

Cost me $2199 on Ebay. As far as I can see it needs a new drivers seat, a shift **** and a Steering Wheel.

Which Factory Lexus wheels and tires would fit it, I like the 2012 Es Wheels.

What wheels are on the car now? Can anyone tell, they look like cheapo, mid 90s aftermarket wheels but now sure.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-_57-3-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-_57-2-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-_57-4-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-_57-5-.jpg  
Old 08-17-14, 07:47 PM
killintime
Driver School Candidate

Default White people problems!

hi everyone!

Last edited by killintime; 08-17-14 at 08:04 PM. Reason: miss post
Old 08-17-14, 07:53 PM
killintime
Driver School Candidate

Default 2004 es 330

Hi everyone, Just picked this bad boy up the other day! Thought I would share it with you guys. Let me know what you think. Metallic white, no tint yet, I think it's just a base mode. Here's a couple pics of the front and tan interior. This was a 1 person owner, Old lady! Took great care of it. Hope you guys dig it as much as I do

es 330

Awesome condition! Tan with cherry!
Old 09-03-14, 09:51 AM
mrgill
Driver School Candidate

Default new guy

hello names gil just picked up a clean 2000 es300 my first lexus i hope to have good luck with it
Old 09-07-14, 05:04 PM
CalCUtrex
Driver School Candidate

Default NewB

Hi. New to CL and also to any forum at all, let alone club lexus.

I already posted a question to CL before finding this. Wasn't really sure what I was doing or how I got here.

I am actually a Toyota guy, with my first Toyota being a 1986 4x4 Pickup bought new in December of 1985. I still have it and it still runs super with 280M on it. It was never babied, and it spent 20 years in the mountains of Montana, Idaho, and the desert rock of Utah. So far, the only work on it has been brakes, mufflers, spark plugs, timing chain and lots of tires. Now it is getting cancer from the salt & snow of Wisconsin!

My first Lexus was a 1996 LX450 that was the funnest thing to drive in the world. I first thought I wanted a Land Rover, but glad I ended up with the LX. Luxury with muscle, and everything a off-roader could want in design.

I next bought my daughter a used ES300. It was old but had less than 80M on it, and the body was perfect. It came from Vancouver BC, so the OD is actually in km. This is the car that I'm now having problems with and that my post is related to. I gave her a newer Corolla of mine, but she hates it and wants her Lexus back. Something about status?
Old 09-09-14, 10:05 AM
kransom
Driver School Candidate

hi, haven't been on here in a while. Can't remember how to submit a question, so I'm posting here. My 2003 ES300 just started stalling yesterday. It stalls right when it's started and when it comes to a complete stop. Please Help!
Old 09-09-14, 02:12 PM
skibear99

Cool First Lexus, most likely not the last

Somewhat new to this Forum. 3 Years ago, was waiting for my son to land at Newark Airport. He'd asked for a used car for himself for college as he was going to be living fairly far off-campus. I told him that we'd look for him, but for ourselves as well, as the One car we had was a Mazda5 with over 130K miles on it.
I went to a Mazda/Hyundai dealer, figuring that they might have a used 626/Sonata/Azera which would be a possibility. I found a 2003 ES300 with 58K miles on it for $14K. I told him that it was out of my budget, which was $10K. They marked it down right then to $10K. Minor problems with the Traction Control and Stability Control Lights on, along with the back windows didn't go down. I figured that with the KBB value of $17K, I still had a bit of cushion to repair it.
Now with 112K Miles, no major issues, the wife happy, one of the best Car-Buying decisions I ever made.
No options on it that I can tell, but with Heated Seats, Dual-Zone Temp, 6 CD Player, Cassette Player (Great for hooking up my MP3 Player to), and a Moonroof, what more could you want?
I'm currently anticipating running it for another 3-4 years, then picking up a Used/CPO 2008/2009 ES350.
Oh, Color: Maroon with a Tan/Parchment Interior.
Every time I get it waxed, it shines like it was just in the showroom. Is the Lexus Paint just that good even after 11 years?
Old 09-20-14, 08:09 AM
estodobluz
Driver School Candidate

Default New guy

Just recently bought a low mileage clean 97 ES300 for my wife to drive. No pics handy so I'll just describe it as a color I didn't even realize was available in 97 on the ES300. a dark blue. which happens to be my favorite color on a car, which had a lot to do with us buying this particular car. I've since seen maybe 2 others this color, so they are not common, at least not in these parts. We love the car but it does have a couple of minor issues which is why I'm checking out this forum...looking for some help. I'll do a search first and if I don't find a solution I'll start a thread. Thanx. DanO
Old 09-24-14, 04:15 PM
JflatChi86
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am relatively new to the club. I have a 1999 ES 300 Coach. I need to get some new wheel center caps. If anyone has ideas please let me know.
Old 09-29-14, 09:21 PM
whoomah
Driver School Candidate

Default 98 es300

Hey guys
Im glad I found this site, it's already helped me a bunch.
I just wanted to take some time and introduce myself and the new to me car.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lex.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lex-int.jpg  
Old 10-01-14, 10:02 PM
My03Tundra
Rookie

Default 2005 es 330

I got my first Lexus, a base trim, Onyx Black 2005 ES 330 on Monday night, with 70750 miles on it. It was my first used car I've had decades, or since when I had a 1989 Ford Taurus back when I was going to college in the 90s. All of my other cars, a 2000 Chevy Metro, 2001 Chevy S-10, 2003 Toyota Tundra (my favorite vehicle I have owned and inspiration for my user name), 2007 Honda Ridgeline, 2008 Honda CR-V and a 2011 Ford F-150 Regular Cab were all bought new. I loved that truck, but it didn't like meeting a Hyundai Elantra back in May and was totaled.

Aside from no Bluetooth solution for my phone, which I will fix ASAP, I really like the car. It is my first sedan since my Ford Taurus and far superior to that car. I just wish there was slightly more headroom, and that the seats could fold down in the back. I LOVE the heated seats, the climate control features, and the storage spaces. I know I will be using this site for fixing some rattles I have, as well as helping me with some AV work and installs.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpg  

Last edited by My03Tundra; 10-01-14 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Updating image
Old 10-02-14, 03:16 PM
JMSudela
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member

Looking forward to learning & sharing with all.
2003 ES 300 Pearl 127,000 mi. & still going . Haven't changed the plugs yet but about to. Well maintained. Mobil 1 from the start. Still getting 19-27 mpg depending on city or hiway driving.
Only thing mechanical of note from the beginning was a motor failure on the right rear window at 37k. Never fixed it.

Currently getting an engine warning light which I suspect is the O2 sensor. Will look online for suggestions on the repair needed
Old 10-08-14, 11:23 PM
salatis
Driver School Candidate

Default Air Flow Meter?

Hey all...new here and I have a 2001 ES300.
Anyone know if there Is a difference between an AIR FLOW METER and a MAF SENSOR or is it the same thing? I have code P0174 coming up? Your help is appreciated!
Old 10-20-14, 05:03 PM
jtwilkerso
Driver School Candidate

Default GTA car kit problem

I have a 2004 Lexus ES330 and I just purchased a GTA car kit, and I realized that I do not even have a female port (cd changer port) to fit the cable I received in the kit. Can anyone elaborate or help troubleshoot.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!