ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-14, 06:17 AM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

Hello All! My name is Chuck and I live in New Jersey, I inherited a 1997 ES300 with 225k. on the meter and I want to fix up the car for my college student son. The interior is excellent but the body is a little rough. I look forward to posting here and looking for answers as I go along doing a timing belt and other things to the car.
Old 04-17-14, 02:46 PM
tannerdean
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey im tanner and this is my 97' es300

yeah so heres the whip, lemme knw what everyone thnks?
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_5172.jpg  
Old 04-19-14, 04:44 PM
jltait
Driver School Candidate

Default My "new" ES300!

Glad to finally join the group! Have been looking for a while and just picked up a new to me ES300 today! 1998 black on beige. 260k miles.. but mint. I'm so happy My first car (many moons ago) was a 1999 camry with leather, this ES300 really take me back to my youth.
Old 04-24-14, 03:28 PM
seeray2
Driver School Candidate

Default 02 Lexus ES300~Don't pay attention to the Mileage

First post, from what I understand I should start with an introduction on this thread.
- 2002 Lexus ES300. 203,000 and running strong
- Exterior is white and interior is tan- both factory
- Purchased it used with 180,000 but certified one-owner. Got a big break by testing the cd player and it had the issue with the disc changer. Luckily I check these forums and found that other people were able to install an aftermarket nav using the faceplate off the nav version. After spending $150 on a stereo and $50 on factory nav faceplate off ebay I had a system I was much happier with and saved over 500 cash off the already negotiated price once I found the cd player wasn't working.
- Aside from the aftermarket nav install, in the past week this forum has saved me, who knows how many dollars, when I stumbled across countless threads for the A/C Magnetic Clutch Relay. A/C Had been blowing warm, the compressor wouldn't engage, cooling fans weren't blowing, but the climate control panel acted normal, i.e. no blinking A/c light. Replaced the Relay for 12 dollars and at this point she's blowing cold and the compressor has engaged each time since!
-Lastly, the most enjoyable fix I've come across is for the rear windows. Thank you to everyone who posted about it, I assumed the regulator was out and almost didn't believe it when I saw that a TSB came out with a proposed resolution of slamming the door Needless to say, I now am able to use all four windows, but my neighbors probably think I'm a crackhead sitting in my backseat slamming the door.

Sorry for the long post will post a pic or two later!
Old 04-28-14, 07:27 AM
Mrstlarkin
Driver School Candidate

Default Window repair

How did you fix window by slamming door? What exactly did you do?
Old 04-29-14, 08:16 PM
ZombK
Driver School Candidate

LONG time lurker, and figured I'd finally introduce myself.

2003 es300, just broke 110,000 miles. Only real mods are the fuze mod for the cigarette lighter in the front (soldered a copper wire to where that fuse used to be) and an aftermarket headrest DVD player. Don't get me started on why there's only one... *Grr...*
In any event, I have a couple questions. One about AC, and the other about window tint in California.

I replaced the AC relay for ~75 bucks about two years ago, when the AC started blowing warm air. Now the AC just doesn't get cold unless I'm on the freeway for a good 10-15 miles first. Think it's low on refrigerant?

The tint... how tinted do most folks get away with in so cal?Legally, you can't have anything more than 70%, but people get away with darker all the time. My question is, how much darker have other folks gone, and gone over two years without getting a fixit ticket for the tint?
Old 05-05-14, 08:58 PM
seeray2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mrstlarkin
How did you fix window by slamming door? What exactly did you do?

Yes, check out this thread where the process is explained, hope it works for you too!! Furthermore, I hope this link works but if not google "lexus rear window open and shut fix" and a bunch of threads from CL will be listed.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...wont-open.html
Old 05-07-14, 06:17 PM
cptasia
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I'm Connor, I've had my 1995 ES300 since I started driving when I was 16 (2007-2008), I'm technically the third owner, but its all been within my family. Its not in the best condition, I whacked a curb pretty badly and bent a lot of the steering, but since then I've been slowly fixing it.

I will say, the nice thing at the moment is that I work for a local Chevrolet dealership of which the owner also owns the local Lexus dealership, so I can get discounted services...And 2014 loaners.

It's "Amathyst Mist" and the interior is a dark grey.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-mylexus.jpg  
Old 05-13-14, 04:38 PM
mcoe74
Driver School Candidate

Hi, my name is Mike.

I've owned my 2007 ES330 for about 3 years and now have 77K miles on it (38K when purchased). It is grey/green exterior with grey accented interior.

The only major issue I'm having is with the Mark Levinson sound system...radio & cd work but no sound. From searching the forum, I think it is the ML amp repair/replace syndrome.

Will check back in when time permits.
Old 05-19-14, 07:35 AM
Driver School Candidate

new user here,1st post
but been watching the forum for a while now
done aftermarket 7" gps with reverse camera with the info from the forum
bought my 4es in Oct 2013,2001 with164km,silver color,
Old 05-22-14, 08:54 PM
Matthunker
Driver School Candidate

Default steering wheel hub and body kit?

sup im matt and this is my baby (2002 es300) i wanted to know what kind of nrg hub (steering wheel hub) would fit my car and also what is the best body kit for this model
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_2829.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_2828.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_2830.jpg  
Old 05-26-14, 12:05 PM
Mrstlarkin
Driver School Candidate

Default Bumper peeling

I have a ES 330 and my bumper is peeling. Can it be painted or does it have to be replaced?
Old 06-06-14, 07:11 AM
shortstop
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation New Member

Hello Club Lexus Members. I am a new member here. I must admit I have been looking at this site for about a month, and finally have the courage to join. I hope I can contribute in some way to your forums. I am in no way computer savey, but I do know my way around general automotive repairs. I am a fanantic when it come to automotive detailing, most say insane, but I really enjoy it. Any how enough about me. Just want to thank all the members on this terrific site who take the time to be helpful to so many, and how much it is appreciated, by members and non members.

Thank you all so much !
Shortstop
Old 06-06-14, 07:24 AM
shortstop
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrstlarkin
I have a ES 330 and my bumper is peeling. Can it be painted or does it have to be replaced?
The bumpers can be repainted. At any good body shop. Had front and rear done with some filler for 400 dollars. The paint match is the hardest part. Make sure the body shop is confindent of the match. P.S There is a chance it will get hit again by careless drivers.
Old 06-06-14, 05:58 PM
tcsmom289
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Mom in distress

Last Sunday I bought my 05 es330 , finally a sedan and with heated leather looks excellent. Tuesday the traction control , VSC, and engine light came on at one time. Had a scan done on her and I have three codes: the first night I put 40.00 gas got 3/4 tank and I went 195 miles on 1/2 tank. I thought I had a real winner. Two days later the traction control , VSC and check engine lights came on almost the exact same time. Had her tested and had three codes. She has a C1223, C1241 and a P0442 needless to say I was heart broken. Same day had to buy a battery and topped off the tank full. In about two days I have gone 160 miles using 1/2 a tank. It just seems to be something constant. I have no idea what to do to try to start to troubleshoot these problems. I'm hoping there is a few to tell me some things to check, clean, replace just anything to get her back on the road and not break me in gas and repairs. Here's what she looks like.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!