ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

DIY- 4ES- Grom USB Adapter + Bluetooth Dongle Installation– Picture Intensive

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-12, 03:37 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by vietalogy
Guess calls are ok my girlfriend says she hears everything like noise also.
Oh, I believe there is a way to adjust microphone sensitivity. You may want to contact GROM support, maybe they could let you know how do do it or they could provide you with a custom firmware to improve call quality.
Old 11-19-12, 11:24 AM
vietalogy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hypervish
Oh, I believe there is a way to adjust microphone sensitivity. You may want to contact GROM support, maybe they could let you know how do do it or they could provide you with a custom firmware to improve call quality.
Thanks I will contact them. Also do you have to manually pair it or does it pair automacilly for you? Seems I have to pair it manually every time I get into the car.
Old 11-19-12, 11:38 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks I will contact them. Also do you have to manually pair it or does it pair automacilly for you? Seems I have to pair it manually every time I get into the car.
You're welcome!

My iPhone 5 automatically pairs. What phone are you using?
Old 11-19-12, 03:00 PM
vietalogy
Rookie

You're welcome!

My iPhone 5 automatically pairs. What phone are you using?
iPhone 4S. When you plugged in the mic into the Bluetooth did it go in all the way? Because mine seems it sticks out a little was afraid to force it in all the way.
Old 11-19-12, 03:40 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

iPhone 4S. When you plugged in the mic into the Bluetooth did it go in all the way? Because mine seems it sticks out a little was afraid to force it in all the way.
To be honest, I can't remember if it went in all the way. I'm looking at the picture that I took, and it look's like it in fact did not go in all the way, I may have taken that picture before plugging it in all the way though, not sure. So maybe it's just the way it's designed.

Try resetting the GROM unit, & try the "forget this device" button in the bluetooth menu for the GROM unit and then re-pair, it may help with your phone not reconnecting automatically.

To reset the GROM unit:
Originally Posted by GROM Website
1. Switch off GROM mode (FM for example).
2. Wait 3-4 seconds
3. Switch to GROM mode and after 1 second
press SCAN button
4. You will hear low beep confirming the reset
Old 11-19-12, 04:27 PM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine did not go all the way in, mine stuck out about half a cm. However, I haven't had any problems with calls. But my friend did have the same trouble with syncing the bluetooth for the iphone 4s.
Old 11-20-12, 02:31 PM
vietalogy
Rookie

Originally Posted by PuReChaos
Mine did not go all the way in, mine stuck out about half a cm. However, I haven't had any problems with calls. But my friend did have the same trouble with syncing the bluetooth for the iphone 4s.
Well I tried again today and CS said you should hear a click. So I forced it and it went all the way in and clicked not sure why its a tight fit.

What problems is your friend having with syncing?
Old 11-20-12, 04:28 PM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Well I tried again today and CS said you should hear a click. So I forced it and it went all the way in and clicked not sure why its a tight fit.

What problems is your friend having with syncing?
Has to re-sync each time. Then again their phone has been faulty for a while so it is more than likely just them. But yeah I went back and forced it and its an extremely tight fit but no one seems to notice any difference in quality of phone calls from the bluetooth.
Old 11-22-12, 12:02 PM
vietalogy
Rookie

Has to re-sync each time. Then again their phone has been faulty for a while so it is more than likely just them. But yeah I went back and forced it and its an extremely tight fit but no one seems to notice any difference in quality of phone calls from the bluetooth.
I just updated the firmware which updates the bluetooth so far seems like it connects now. Tell your friend update the firmware on the grom.
Old 12-12-12, 05:24 PM
JoshTittle
Driver School Candidate

Great post. I will be doing this soon. Thanks. Now if I can just figure this site out. Is there a way to follow a particular thread?
Old 12-12-12, 05:28 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JoshTittle
Great post. I will be doing this soon. Thanks. Now if I can just figure this site out. Is there a way to follow a particular thread?
You're welcome.

You can subscribe to the thread, by clicking the "Thread Tools" button near the top of the page, and then click subscribe to thread.
Old 12-13-12, 06:54 AM
JoshTittle
Driver School Candidate

you're welcome.

You can subscribe to the thread, by clicking the "thread tools" button near the top of the page, and then click subscribe to thread.
found it. Thanks!
Old 12-13-12, 08:54 AM
hask
Driver School Candidate

is this compatible with my ES300 - 2000 ? there is CD player but I prefer to use the USB

Thanks
Old 12-13-12, 09:51 AM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hask
is this compatible with my ES300 - 2000 ? there is CD player but I prefer to use the USB

Thanks
To my knowledge it doesn't, but all I did was go to gromaudio.com and plugging in lexus 2000 and only the RX and IS show up.
Old 12-13-12, 11:11 AM
hask
Driver School Candidate

To my knowledge it doesn't, but all I did was go to gromaudio.com and plugging in lexus 2000 and only the RX and IS show up.
Thanks my dear, yes I did that also, but do you think if the wiring clip is simlar to what is in the website, it could work on the ES 2000 ? because the stereo simlar to ES 2001 as well.

I am not willing to fix after market because the design is better with the orginal but the other problem as what I understand if I fix this USB, the radio will not work, so no attena going up any more !

Quick Reply: DIY- 4ES- Grom USB Adapter + Bluetooth Dongle Installation– Picture Intensive