ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-12, 09:03 AM
Elextricin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??

Hey, i'm a teenager and my parents got me an '06 ES330.

It's pretty sick...it's black and flawless. But I want other drivers to think it's mine instead of thinking i'm some kind of kid driving daddy's or mommy's car.

What can I do with it to make it look more like an 17-22 yr old guy's car?

I don't want to put too many mods on it and make it look like some overdone obnoxious Civic. This is a classy car and I still want it to retain some of it's classiness.

(I already put my University window-sticker on it which I think helps a bit)

Last edited by Elextricin; 11-09-12 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-09-12, 09:56 AM
MrShim78
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally, i think anything you do to such a lovely car would ruin it a bit. having said that, you can always
1. lower it a bit
2. put a spolier on it
3. make some tasteful (not loud) changes like putting dark gray racing stripes -thin ones- along the edge of the car.
4. change the exhaust backbox to a double tip one.
5. add some led fogs in the front.

but still, such a great car, why would you change it? sell it and buy an IS300 instead
but wow. u are lucky if ur parents got you a 2006 es330. congrats.
The following users liked this post:
tand138 (05-03-23)
Old 11-09-12, 10:08 AM
Elextricin
Driver School Candidate

thank you for the advice. I was thinking about a spoiler, possibly a smaller subtle spoiler.

I was originally thinkin about the IS's but they seemed kinda small for me once i got in it. nice cars though
Old 11-09-12, 12:04 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Nothing, just leave it be. I've had my es since i was 16 and im 20 now and i've only tinted the windows. Why do you care what other people think? Also, even if people did think you were driving your parents car, they aren't really wrong they got the car for you
Old 11-09-12, 05:17 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

I'm in a similar boat (< 25 ).

I love my ES330. I bought it for its smoothness, reliability and luxury. The IS300 didn't have that, and it was too small. Heck, I considered an RX330 before getting the ES.

However, I'd like to make it stand out a bit from "regular" cars, as its a bit bland IMO

Previously, I had a Camry, to which I added IS300 rims, spoiler, halo/hid headlights, billet grille, pioneer stereo, tinted windows, LED interior, etc. It looked really clean, and stood out from other Camry's.

I've learned my lesson about adding too much to the car. The rims made the ride harsh. The money I put into the headlights, tint and spoiler were lost when I sold it. That's why I don't want to blow big $ on huge mods on my ES right away. So far I've done a complete LED interior, LED DRL strip, and tinted the windows.

Still flirting with the idea to add a body-kit and maybe LED taillights next year. But I'm not upgrading the stock 17" alloy's as I've been through enough expenses with the Camry and don't want a harsher ride. The spoilers that they have are the same like what I put on the Camry. It looks too big on the ES330 though, I too would like to ad a small lip similar to the Gen 6 Camry SE.

My suggestions to the OP in order:
-Tint windows
-LED interior and exterior
-LED DRL/ Fog
-HID if you don't already have it
-Chrome Exhaust tips
-Chrome/Black 18" rims and tires
-Chrome door pillars if that's your taste
-Spoiler
-Body kit
-LED tail lights; Halo projector Headlights

Check out ES330's on Cardomain, I'm sure you'll get more ideas and pictures of people modding their 4ES's there!

Last edited by speedkar9; 11-09-12 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-09-12, 06:43 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Keep it stock, and don't worry about what others think! You're driving a , be proud!
Old 11-09-12, 07:45 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

^ You know whats weird, i never told people i drove a lexus, i always told them it was an es300. Its not even like my car was the nicest compared to my friends, they all drove bmws mercedes audi land rover ect. I just felt saying lexus made me seem like i was bragging about it when i was younger. Now i don't know why i was so embarrassed to say lexus.
Old 11-09-12, 08:28 PM
Elextricin
Driver School Candidate

I guess its kinda like when some really really rich people/celebrities are at the store and see an expensive item and say "it costs five" instead of "it costs five hundred dollars" or high-end realtors who say "this house is 2.5" instead of "this house costs 2.5 million".
Old 11-09-12, 08:45 PM
Gchutes
Rookie

You are driving mommy and daddy's car. They bought it for you....Kids these days.
Old 11-09-12, 08:59 PM
Elextricin
Driver School Candidate

It's a gift so it's technically mine

Plus, I deserve it since they got me some crappy '01 Kia Sephia with a busted LOUD MUFFLER when I was in HS. I'm scarred for life from all the embarassment I had to endure when I had to pull up in my school parking lot and this little tiny Kia sounded like a freight train.

But once I finish college in 1-2 yrs, i'm gonna start working to help pay the insurance. The insurance is by far the largest expense of the car. It's something I have to do since i've never worked before and I need to start building a resume too. Insurance for a "newer driver" young adult male is insane especially in the NYC metro area

Last edited by Elextricin; 11-09-12 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-09-12, 09:10 PM
Elextricin
Driver School Candidate

One thing i've been thinking about was neon lights under the car. I've always been fascinated by those.
Old 11-09-12, 09:28 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Don't get neons. Am actually around the same age as you, im a sophomore in college. Insurance is a *****, i'm paying about 1400 a year with no accidents or speeding tickets and all possible reductions. Im looking at gs300's and the insurance will go up another 300 but i invested some money recently and figure i don't really spend it on anything else so ill go for it.
Old 11-09-12, 09:45 PM
Elextricin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gray_es300
Don't get neons. Am actually around the same age as you, im a sophomore in college. Insurance is a *****, i'm paying about 1400 a year with no accidents or speeding tickets and all possible reductions. Im looking at gs300's and the insurance will go up another 300 but i invested some money recently and figure i don't really spend it on anything else so ill go for it.
haha, insurance for me is $400 a MONTH! And that is since I have somebody in my parent's network who cuts us a deal (so we would normally be paying more). The insurance is in my parents name: not mine and they have perfect driving records also. I have no tickets or anything either.

What region of ny are you from? what insurance do you have?
Old 11-10-12, 05:02 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You spoiled young kids. You got a car for free and everything paid off and you are complaining about how you look in a Lexus.
Old 11-10-12, 05:22 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

^I paid for mine, i pay for my insurance and pay for all services. To the OP I'm from Buffalo NY and i have travelers i believe. I'm happy with mine though cause i know kids whoes insurance is 4500-5000 a year which is around what your paying. It is mind boggling.

Quick Reply: What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??