ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

My Coach Edition ES

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-12, 04:03 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking My Coach Edition ES

Ok 2 years ago I bought a 2001 ES300 Coach Edition from this sweet old lady for $5k it only had 112,000 miles on it but it didn't have anything done to it like the essentials like timing belt or water pump etc. so i spent another $800 on all the mechanical things just for upkeep and then i started to play with her a little bit so tell me what you think.

Oh and also if there is anything you think i should do to her or any knowledge on where i can get jdm things for her let me know.

Ok i hope you enjoy
Attached Thumbnails My Coach Edition ES-es300afterdrop.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-es300front.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-es300reardrop.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-img_20121024_080221.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-img_20121023_205650.jpg  

Old 10-24-12, 04:06 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Here are some more pics of her..
Attached Thumbnails My Coach Edition ES-es300spoiler.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-img_20121024_080032.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-es300flowmaster.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-es300sprints.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-img_20121024_080044.jpg  

Old 10-24-12, 04:10 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

And here are some more pics and a couple of me test fitting some of my buddies steelies he had on his s13
Attached Thumbnails My Coach Edition ES-img_20121024_080232.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-img_20121023_205639.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-steelies.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-steelies2.jpg  
Old 10-24-12, 04:15 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Here i test fitted my buddies Volks and works and his tire shop in DFW Texas.
Attached Thumbnails My Coach Edition ES-volks1.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-volks6.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-volks3.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-works1.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-volks7.jpg  

Old 10-24-12, 04:24 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

And here are a few more
Attached Thumbnails My Coach Edition ES-es300.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-volks2.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-volks8.jpg  
Old 10-24-12, 04:55 PM
black01es
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool difficult ?

Im guessin you replaced fog light lamps or bulbs. #1How difficult was it ? #2 Is the yellow alot brighter than original white, meaning is the difference is night and day?
Old 10-24-12, 05:14 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

No actually its much easier then you think. They are the stock bulbs and stock fog lamps I just got some yellow tint film off of ebay and tinted them my self. It took a total of 1 hour to take the lamps out prep them and then tint them with the yellow film. you might mess up once or twice at first if you've never tinted windows before but you'll get a hang of it. And the out come looks a lot better then the stock clear in my opinion. Now as far as it being brighter considering that they are not HIDs only my head lights are you can see them. I mean when im driving i can see a yellow line under the white line of my head lights. If that helps at all?
Old 10-24-12, 05:50 PM
JSM
Driver

Not a fan on stretching or lowering but I'm old I guess! I do like those none OEM chrome wheels though.
Old 10-24-12, 07:14 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JSM
Not a fan on stretching or lowering but I'm old I guess! I do like those none OEM chrome wheels though.
Ya i know what you mean but im young i guess and i like that kind of thing. And ya i was going to buy those from my budy they are Volks 17x10 in rear and 17x9.5 front but then again sense the es300 are known for there horrible camber adjustment and if you want nice wheels on them they cant have a very aggressive offset due to the shallow wheel wells so even if you could fit nice wheels you might end up having rim slap and thats no good for your wheels or your fenders.
Old 10-24-12, 07:27 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by black01es
Im guessin you replaced fog light lamps or bulbs. #1How difficult was it ? #2 Is the yellow alot brighter than original white, meaning is the difference is night and day?
i am guessing its not the bulbs that are yellow but either he did yellow tint or had it painted (thats what i did) and to my ya they are bit brighter on road.
Old 10-24-12, 07:33 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

nice choice tho. i like the interior dash. Also how many rims you have..lol.
As per the height i think its lowered down a lot. The back just looks bad compare to front. I think when the fenders is just a few mm from the tire then its looks good (like how you have on fronts ones. Offcourse am talking about with OEMs wheels)
Old 10-24-12, 09:00 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by imherenow
i am guessing its not the bulbs that are yellow but either he did yellow tint or had it painted (thats what i did) and to my ya they are bit brighter on road.
Ya your right i tinted them with film..

Originally Posted by imherenow
nice choice tho. i like the interior dash. Also how many rims you have..lol.
As per the height i think its lowered down a lot. The back just looks bad compare to front. I think when the fenders is just a few mm from the tire then its looks good (like how you have on fronts ones. Offcourse am talking about with OEMs wheels)
Ya my buddy has a tire shop here in Texas and he has all types of wheels lol and we all always talk about me never having any wheels yet because of the horrible offset and no camber es300 have. and ya the car sites on sprint lowering springs that were a bad idea and i think lowered it way to much it was supposed to be like 1.8 all around but more like 2in all around. the front looks good but the rear wheel well is smaller and lower then the front. if you trace the fender line from the front to the rear you end up about a couple inches above the rear fender hole. I want to get coilovers so i can actually level it out proper but they are expensive. plus id like to keep it low but with the lowering springs it made it slammed in the rear and low in the front and the springs also make it very bouncy even with new struts.
Old 10-24-12, 09:06 PM
AlphaOnion
Pole Position

This ES looks like it's in fairly decent condition, and of course it has the rare and much-envied black chrome badges. I love what you're doing with it too; looks like you're going for a clean JDM VIP style? Here are my suggestions:

If you really want to go VIP, do it right and make it look like any of the cars you see in Hellaflush, and keep it clean-looking. In order to get the perfect stance you would need to get adjustable coilovers, but that's not absolutely necessary. Make sure the offsets of the wheels make the tires sit flush with the fenders (get spacers if you need them). In order to do that you would have to pull your fenders and roll/shave them. If you want some inspiration, DixonPai is the first member that comes to mind who has a VIP style 3rd gen ES300.

Also,
- Get some rubbing compound and buff that paint out. Buff out the headlights too.
- Remove the "Lexus" badge from the trunk for a cleaner and more symmetrical look.
- Replace all of these lights with high quality LED bulbs: front and rear turn signals (you need to get a flasher module for this), reverse lights, license plate lights, overhead dome lights, courtesy lights.
- Do a projector retrofit on the headlights.

And if you're interested in performance, here is a list of good parts that will fit your car:
- short ram intake (Weapon-R makes a good one)
- OBX headers (this is the only set of aftermarket headers that exists for this car)
- underdrive/lightweight pulley (NST makes one)
- front and rear sway bars (Whiteline makes the best)
- adjustable coilovers, or if you keep the springs then get some performance shocks
- supercharger (TRD makes the only one, and it's kinda rare)

These are just suggestions though, you can do what suits you.
Old 10-24-12, 09:25 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Everything looks great except the stickers and sideways front plate in the window. Those make it look a lil young. I'd pull those and then all u need r a set of nice rims from ur buddy. That car is too clean for that other stuff.
Old 10-24-12, 09:28 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice work DplanDman8 I'm so glad you posted pics of those Diamond Racing wheels. They look dope on the car black/black theme

The volks are dope too. Well done, i like what you did.

Originally Posted by AlphaOnion
If you want some inspiration, DixonPai is the first member that comes to mind who has a VIP style 3rd gen ES300.

Also,
blah blah blah blah
LMAO

Last edited by 01LEXPL; 10-24-12 at 09:32 PM.

Quick Reply: My Coach Edition ES