ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Lexus ES 300 Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-12, 04:38 PM
ETx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good news! ( for all that were trying to help me at least ) My car is no longer overheating

i don't think there was any fluid in my Radiator, and after i added some it seems to be fine, just drove it around for about 10 - 20 minutes and the engine's heat stayed at the halfway point.

you guys really helped me out! i really can thank you enough for one, replying so fast, and two being so helpful and patient

what should i do to keep up basic maintenance? do you guys think there anything else i should cheek?

and were would be the best place to get a window motor? my drivers side window stopped working about a week ago =/, i was going to fix it sooner but then my car stated overheating
Old 08-07-12, 05:50 AM
tomf
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Lots of places to get a motor. RockAuto for one. 1aAuto for another. I purchased 2 regulators from 1aAuto for my Camrys because I appreciated that they have a video
showing how to do the replacement. I'm happy with them both.
Old 08-07-12, 06:49 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by ETx
good news! ( for all that were trying to help me at least ) My car is no longer overheating

i don't think there was any fluid in my Radiator, and after i added some it seems to be fine, just drove it around for about 10 - 20 minutes and the engine's heat stayed at the halfway point.

you guys really helped me out! i really can thank you enough for one, replying so fast, and two being so helpful and patient

what should i do to keep up basic maintenance? do you guys think there anything else i should cheek?

and were would be the best place to get a window motor? my drivers side window stopped working about a week ago =/, i was going to fix it sooner but then my car stated overheating
That is good news for now/or forever.

You need to keep an eye on the coolant level, and if you see a drop in level be sure to fill it up. If there is a drop in level then, there is maybe an internal leak (i.e. headgasket due to the car being overheated completely), or the drop in level is because of some air in the system that needs to be worked out.

Also, if the car does start to overheat again, try and pull over ASAP. Run the heater on full blast and turn the A/C off, this will help dissipate heat from the engine. I understand running heater in Texas is going to be hard to do, but hey, if it stops the car from self-destructing I'd do it.
Old 08-07-12, 08:49 AM
ES330MD05
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ETx
ETx
Member randal explained how cooling system in the car works really well. If you want to know more details here is the link. Its an excellent course on how things work in your car. This will help you understand how your car works. That and this forum will help you what you need to do to keep your car well maintained.

http://www.familycar.com/Classroom/CoolingSystem.htm

PS: I have no association with familycar.com in any way. Just found the articles extremely well written.
Old 12-23-14, 05:26 PM
aleksanrov
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys i just got a lexus rx 350 2008 with 110000ml and it is start overheating.First i removed the the termostat and the car was driving just fine for the next 60 miles after start to overheat again.What i noticed was ,when i put the engine on high rpm the tempter goes down .Also no heat coming from the blower inside the car. Please if anyone has any idea what might help.thanks
Old 12-24-14, 11:59 AM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by aleksanrov
Hey Guys i just got a lexus rx 350 2008 with 110000ml and it is start overheating.First i removed the the termostat and the car was driving just fine for the next 60 miles after start to overheat again.What i noticed was ,when i put the engine on high rpm the tempter goes down .Also no heat coming from the blower inside the car. Please if anyone has any idea what might help.thanks
You should really ask this question in the RX350 subsection, you're talking to ES owners.

My guess would be a blockage in the coolant passages. You need to flush it out and check for cooling fan operation. Good luck.
Old 12-25-14, 07:16 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

You should also check for air in the cooling system