ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

My progression

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-13, 12:39 PM
holeinbloc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put the hp evos back on!
Old 02-05-13, 07:52 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Nice signals!!
Old 05-02-13, 02:58 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Look really nice. I gotta say that the thicker/more spokes look best on this car. The Enkai were too exposed/skinny for the overall dimensions.
Old 05-02-13, 05:18 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

its the chrome!!! bling
Old 05-03-13, 12:29 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

oh man...it looks like it just rolled off the production line. gj for keeping it so mint!
Old 05-03-13, 03:11 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

^ appreciate the kind words, but if you it up close you'd say the opposite. I've gotten to the point where I don't care about dings anymore. I used to wash once every few days, now once a week. And it's starting to rust again under the fresh paint as the cancer got too far evidently and cutting out half the panels didnt get far enough to reduce the quarter.

Cheers!
Old 05-04-13, 07:55 AM
Power6
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Maybe its just me getting old I think it looks great with stock rims. I love the hypersilver Coach rims myself. These cars look funny with bigger than 16s to me.

I might be ahead of you adding options heh. I have yet to install my JDM front corners. There is one more option you are forgetting, I am working on it...
Old 05-04-13, 07:57 AM
5ltrbeater
Driver

too funny...i was just about to post "beautiful car but not a big fan of the yellow corners and the enkei wheels"

you got rid of both and the car looks like a very beautiful showroom Lexus! Congrats! just when i think ive made up my mind and thinking about getting a GS as a daily, i see a car like yours and im swooned back over to wanting an ES. your car is making the decision very difficult! >

any plans to give it a nice drop because i think thats all thats missing? (and please get rid of the front license plate, a $10 ticket is worth not messing with the beautiful lines of the front bumper lol)

Last edited by 5ltrbeater; 05-04-13 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-04-13, 05:16 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Canada, 75$ each time. And the cops here always look out for plates... Not about to do that, especially since I got two big holes there already

No plans or anything else at this point (a BT deck/new sub, and misc things like light changes and maintenance). From here on out daily drive til it dies or eventually keep as a winter beater when a new toy comes into play :

Cheers gentlemen!
Old 05-04-13, 09:06 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
^ appreciate the kind words, but if you it up close you'd say the opposite. I've gotten to the point where I don't care about dings anymore. I used to wash once every few days, now once a week. And it's starting to rust again under the fresh paint as the cancer got too far evidently and cutting out half the panels didnt get far enough to reduce the quarter.

Cheers!
I wash mine once every few months

You have the very unlucky combination of a poor repair and Canadian winters. I think the latter is the bigger problem.
Old 05-05-13, 08:06 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

^ the repair was a "bonus" from my body guy, however the inner quarter is what is shot so it'll pop out onto the outer skin eventually which is what is happening. And to find a whole new quarter is just crazy since no aftermarket makes one and used is upwards of 700$ last I checked.

The weather doesn't help at all, my trunk lid at the edge is rusty as hell. I've left it for a couple years and its gotten bad now. My neighbour has an 01 base model as well, and both his quarters are shot, trunk lid is approaching the emblem with rust, etc. So I can't really complain since I've got little compared to him, but more than I'd wish for lol
Old 05-06-13, 07:39 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Power6
Maybe its just me getting old I think it looks great with stock rims. I love the hypersilver Coach rims myself. These cars look funny with bigger than 16s to me.

I might be ahead of you adding options heh. I have yet to install my JDM front corners. There is one more option you are forgetting, I am working on it...
What can I be missing then?

I have Black pearl badging, OE chrome wheels, OE Hid's & JDM corners.

I have yet to buy the chrome add-on's you sourced for yours as I couldn't be bothered to be honest... You had the JDM power folding mirrors installed. What else can I miss?

Please tell me you're making the JDM navi unit work in this thing...
Old 05-10-13, 03:27 PM
Power6
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Soon enough sir soon enough. I like to have the full story before I go to press.

I need to start my own thread to keep all my little additions documented

Don't think I haven't thought about the JDM Nav...I'm sure it is all Japanese and doesn't sound as good as the Nak I swapped in.
Old 06-09-13, 08:13 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Very nice, my rear main seal is leaking again, but ill deal with the bad smell from time to time. Drove the car from Buffalo to Oswego back and forth twice this weekend going 80 mph and got back 25 mpg. These really are great cars. Yours looks awesome, i want those chrome OEMs but cant find a set.
Old 06-09-13, 08:43 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

This is why I love this community so much. We have people who don't mind spending a few grand on their car, even if it's more than half the car's value, because they know it will provide them with years of trouble free motoring. I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of chrome wheels, but the factory design that you currently have, looks very good. In fact, your car looks flawless in that picture.

Quick Reply: My progression