ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Just bought an 02 ES300, Have a few questions

Old 03-04-12, 06:08 PM
aperaturef
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an 02 ES300, Have a few questions

Just got myself into an 02 es300 with 140K

I have a few questions about this thing if anyone can help me out!

LIGHTING: When I open the drivers door. no dome light comes on.. even though the courtesy lights do.. and my two light bulbs overhead work when I push them manually.. I have checked all fuses.. nothing. I hate getting into my car in the dark! The same goes for the rear doors even though the dome light is set to DOOR and works when I switch it to ON and the rear door jamb open sensors both seem to work. No light when I get into this car from overhead. Is this normal?

LIGHTING: Next- I have the regular halogen headlights. I see the **** ontop of twist left or right to aim.
Before I start messing with it.. does turning the **** left or right raise the level or lower it? I want to know what direction to turn before I try to adjust them... I want the exact same amount of turns per **** in the same direction so they are completely level..just aimed higher. Any help?

DRIVETRAIN: Third question. Does my car not have ECT power or snow switch? I cannot find any switch anywhere....

AUDIO: Fourth question. I have the stock pioneer audio system without navigation, I have been told the amplifier is in the passenger side of the trunk. Can anyone take pictures of it or tell me or show me what I have to remove in order to get to it? I am afraid to mess with the trunk lining without knowing where it is EXACTLY.

MPG: Fifth question./ What kind of MPG do you get with your 2002-2003 ES300?
I am seeing around 28-29 highway and 19-20 city

Thank you Club Lexus
Old 03-05-12, 02:43 PM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Your mileage is about right, perhaps a tad low in the city.
Old 03-05-12, 09:26 PM
umbro7267
Rookie

Nah city is about right on its a 18-28 mpg car.
Headlights no idea I have hids Nd have to play witht hem all the time to get them right
The amp should be a small black box mounted under the rear deck inside of the trunk
Lighting it should switch on if its set to door so no idea
Drivetrain I never heard of a snow button I have seen a tac, preformance shift, normal shift and such
Old 03-06-12, 06:06 AM
robawelch
Driver School Candidate

There is no ECT or other such button on the 2002 ES300, and even then, I don't even think they had Traction Control Until later models anyways, I know I don't in my 02..... I can spin wheels all day, which I don't.

You Should not have Halogen bulbs..... what came in these models were HID (reflectors) but not projectors. Adjustment shouldn't be necessary??but i do believe that counter clockwise on the twist **** on the top of the ligt goes down, clockwise goes up.....

your map lights in the forward cab of the car.... the ones around the sunglasses holder and programmable buttons.... these will not come on with the door, as they are made to be turned on. kinda stuck there
Old 03-06-12, 01:29 PM
aperaturef
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone.
SO I guess I have no ECT button....
I also guess I am stuck in the dark for getting into and out of my vehicle as it was designed that way.
Also, trust me.. the bulbs are Halogens on mine with reflectors.. maybe I got the standard option.

No trac or skid on this kinda stinks too. but I do have ABS....

thanks again for all the answers. Time to go hack up my stereo
getting 19-20 mpg city and 28-29 mpg highway and this pleases me well enough...
Old 03-06-12, 01:36 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by robawelch
There is no ECT or other such button on the 2002 ES300, and even then, I don't even think they had Traction Control Until later models anyways, I know I don't in my 02..... I can spin wheels all day, which I don't.

You Should not have Halogen bulbs..... what came in these models were HID (reflectors) but not projectors. Adjustment shouldn't be necessary??but i do believe that counter clockwise on the twist **** on the top of the ligt goes down, clockwise goes up.....

your map lights in the forward cab of the car.... the ones around the sunglasses holder and programmable buttons.... these will not come on with the door, as they are made to be turned on. kinda stuck there
VSC was available starting in 00', VSC includes ABS, brake assist and traction control.

Originally Posted by aperaturef
Thanks everyone.
SO I guess I have no ECT button....
I also guess I am stuck in the dark for getting into and out of my vehicle as it was designed that way.
Also, trust me.. the bulbs are Halogens on mine with reflectors.. maybe I got the standard option.

No trac or skid on this kinda stinks too. but I do have ABS....

thanks again for all the answers. Time to go hack up my stereo
getting 19-20 mpg city and 28-29 mpg highway and this pleases me well enough...
MPG is rated for 21 city, 29 highway according to the spec sheet for the 02 ES.

So your city mileage is about right, it's probably just your driving habits. But, it doesn't hurt to check the tire pressure, air filter, etc.
Old 03-06-12, 04:09 PM
robawelch
Driver School Candidate

My 2002 does not have any traction control system.... and I removed all the ABS fuses, just have to find away to turn the dash lights for them off.