ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.
View Poll Results: 2-tone or solid ES 300 (any year)?
2-tone (one color on top, lower panel another color)
57.22%
solid color
42.78%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Do you like the ES 300 as a 2-tone car or 1 solid color?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-02, 01:46 AM
LexFather

Default Do you like the ES 300 as a 2-tone car or 1 solid color?

This is a tough one for me, I like the contrasting colors, but I've seen solid colors in every generation and I am not 100% certain. I voted 2-tone though.
Old 10-14-02, 02:03 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think that only a few colors look good being solid color. some colors need that gray on the bottom i think. black or other dark colors seem to look good solid
Old 10-14-02, 03:55 AM
zutoo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think solid looks best... I don't really like the 2-tone
Old 10-14-02, 12:20 PM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really depends on the color. I think my Pearl White looks best w/ the two-tone.
Old 10-14-02, 01:52 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think my dark green would look good 1 tone, so that's what I voted; although I do agree that some colors probably look better two tone.
Old 10-14-02, 02:03 PM
njes300
Pole Position

i only like 2 tones on the lexus models . But i dont think the gray looks good with green or blue . But it looks good with with ,black ,silver
Old 10-14-02, 03:54 PM
jgrooms
Driver

I think 2-tone looks good on the following 97-01 model year ES's:

Pearl White
Burgundy
Silver
Gold

I think solid colors would look best on:

Green
Blue
Black

- J
Old 10-14-02, 05:02 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Thumbs down I only like it with bodkits.. Oh and listen to this...

I only think that it looks goo when the ES has a body kit on it... I saw the most F#@@ed up ES at my job, BEST BUY, getting a radio put in in the back.. I WISH that i had my camera?!?!? Anyway, it was originally gold color car, yet the whole thing was MAACO white.... It was absolutlly the worst paint job i have ever seen. Looked like spraypaint.. Pieces of the car had some paint chips on it, and you could see that nobody primed or sanded the car down before putting on the paint because it was shiny underneath. WTF!!!! To amke it even more f#@#ed up. He had the gold package put on after and the es3oo was no lined up with the lexus.. He also had 2 es3oo badges on the car.. One on the trunklid, and one on the light intself. What are poeple thinking?!?!?!?!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Adam
Old 10-14-02, 07:06 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I only like it with bodkits.. Oh and listen to this...

Originally posted by 1loudlex
I only think that it looks goo when the ES has a body kit on it... I saw the most F#@@ed up ES at my job, BEST BUY, getting a radio put in in the back.. I WISH that i had my camera?!?!? Anyway, it was originally gold color car, yet the whole thing was MAACO white.... It was absolutlly the worst paint job i have ever seen. Looked like spraypaint.. Pieces of the car had some paint chips on it, and you could see that nobody primed or sanded the car down before putting on the paint because it was shiny underneath. WTF!!!! To amke it even more f#@#ed up. He had the gold package put on after and the es3oo was no lined up with the lexus.. He also had 2 es3oo badges on the car.. One on the trunklid, and one on the light intself. What are poeple thinking?!?!?!?!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Adam
that's not cool at all...wtf was the owner thinking by going with '2' ES badges? CHEAP paint jobs belong on CHEAP cars. Also, 1loudlex, in Evanston, I always see one 92-94 ES with the lower body panels painted 'black' to match the body color. From a distance it looks very nice, but up close one can see the ****ty paint quality...It just makes a nice, classy car look CHEAP!!!

-I agree with pretty much what everyone has already said, 2 tone looks good on certain colors, monotone on others. My favorite factory ES colors are the maroon with dark maroon underbody and charcoal grey with charcoal grey underbody...funny thing is they both look monotone.
Old 10-14-02, 07:07 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I only like it with bodkits.. Oh and listen to this...

Originally posted by 1loudlex

Adam
that's not cool at all...wtf was the owner thinking by going with '2' ES badges? CHEAP paint jobs belong on CHEAP cars. Also, 1loudlex, in Evanston, I always see one 92-94 ES with the lower body panels painted 'black' to match the body color. From a distance it looks very nice, but up close one can see the ****ty paint quality...It just makes a nice, classy car look CHEAP!!!

-I agree with pretty much what everyone has already said, 2 tone looks good on certain colors, monotone on others. My favorite factory ES colors are the maroon with dark maroon underbody, charcoal grey with charcoal grey underbody, and montone COACH silver...
Old 10-14-02, 07:10 PM
Lex Diamonds
Driver

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Nabeel
Really depends on the color. I think my Pearl White looks best w/ the two-tone.

I have the Pearl White 2-tone and I am still in love with it. I had my ES for almost 4 years and I one of the main things that kept me in love was the 2-tone!
Old 10-14-02, 07:54 PM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

take a look at this one..
Attached Thumbnails Do you like the ES 300 as a 2-tone car or 1 solid color?-nice.jpg  
Old 10-14-02, 07:54 PM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

and this one
Attached Thumbnails Do you like the ES 300 as a 2-tone car or 1 solid color?-nice2.jpg  
Old 10-15-02, 12:25 AM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice. I actually like the black rims. Still love my two-tone paint though!

Last edited by Nabeel; 10-15-02 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-15-02, 01:24 AM
JasonChen
Lead Lap

I have a two-tone, so there you go..... actually I like both

btw, what color is my car?

Last edited by JasonChen; 10-15-02 at 01:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Do you like the ES 300 as a 2-tone car or 1 solid color?