ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

What have you done to your ES today?

Old 03-21-15, 09:47 AM
MPohio
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MyLexus ?? Not sure what where that is at. Sorry, Noob here

If your talking lexus' main site, I am signing up now.

UPDATE< nothing since 19k miles

Last edited by MPohio; 03-22-15 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-21-15, 09:49 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Here you go. Check it out.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do
Old 03-21-15, 06:11 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by MPohio
1.) Tires, going with P7s on Tuesday
2.) Small banging sound from the front end when going down a very bumpy side street.
3.) Mushy feeling from brakes. Check pads, rotors, and shocks(Maybe drain and bleed them).
Congrats on the new ride. Let me know how those Pirelli P7's work for you on the Lexus, especially noting how quiet and comfortable they are. I just picked up a pair for the front of my Solara but have yet to bolt them onto the car.

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
Had a new flex pipe welded in. I forgot how quiet this car was.
Got any pics of the new flex pipe? Did they keep the bracket that goes around the front of the flex pipe? On mine, the flex pipe's OD is too big so that bracket had to be left off, and they didn't do a good job of welding so its leaking a little bit.
Old 03-21-15, 06:14 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Washed both of my cars yesterday, and finally changed my front tires back to the stock Lexus wheels with Michelin tires, so the rims are matching now.

I also opened down my front brakes, sanded the rotors and pads, cleaned everything up, and re-greased the pins. Lucky thing I caught one pin that was starting to dry up and seize.

Old 03-21-15, 07:13 PM
DaveNay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MPohio
I purchased it today My first Lexus, it is a 2004 es330 with 104k miles. Extremely well taken care of by an elderly couple. Very impressed with it so far as it purrs like a kitten and shifts flawlessly. Luckily They had done the timing / Serp belt and kept up on all their maint and babied it. Inside looks brand new and out side only has a couple "buffable" scratches.
I do need to address a few minor issues,
1.) Tires, going with P7s on Tuesday
2.) Small banging sound from the front end when going down a very bumpy side street.
3.) Mushy feeling from brakes. Check pads, rotors, and shocks(Maybe drain and bleed them).

PS> I did get 32.7 MPG on her maiden voyage home(50 odd miles). Beats the heck out of my 2010 F150!!
I too am a first time Lexus owner ('96 ES 300). In my case, it will be my alternate vehicle instead of my '99 Suburban which only gets 11 MPG.
Old 03-21-15, 07:14 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by speedkar9
Got any pics of the new flex pipe? Did they keep the bracket that goes around the front of the flex pipe? On mine, the flex pipe's OD is too big so that bracket had to be left off, and they didn't do a good job of welding so its leaking a little bit.
I honestly have no idea, I'll take a picture tomorrow. I know your in ontario is relatively close to where I am. If you want I can give you the information of the place that did mine, it was cheap, quick, has a one year warranty, and has great reviews.
Old 03-22-15, 08:18 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by speedkar9
Washed both of my cars yesterday, and finally changed my front tires back to the stock Lexus wheels with Michelin tires, so the rims are matching now.

I also opened down my front brakes, sanded the rotors and pads, cleaned everything up, and re-greased the pins. Lucky thing I caught one pin that was starting to dry up and seize.

Looks great. Love that color.
Old 03-22-15, 09:57 AM
Timothyj
Pole Position

Washed my 02 ES, I was going to change the winter tires and rims on my blue 04 ES, but maybe snow later on this week. Mich. weather is messed up so I'll wait. Had a flat on my gold 04 ES, all fixed, need to swap out spare.
Old 03-22-15, 12:04 PM
MPohio
Driver School Candidate

I think I found and fixed my suspension noise problem. Originally thought it was coming from the front passenger side, but it was coming from rear passenger. I just purchased it a couple days ago and only had a chance today to investigate.

Anyways, not to keep you all in suspense, It was the tire jack. The previous owners just had it sitting there and not secured in. Every time I hit a bump it would bounce up and down.

Can someone possible take or post a pic of how the jack is seated in it's little cubby hole. I would greatly appreciate it.

Mark> 2004 ES330
Old 03-25-15, 05:54 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Got any pics of the new flex pipe? Did they keep the bracket that goes around the front of the flex pipe? On mine, the flex pipe's OD is too big so that bracket had to be left off, and they didn't do a good job of welding so its leaking a little bit.[/QUOTE]

So I took a look underneath, everything looks the same as it did before hand, just new obviously.

In other news, replaced the air filter, cabin filter, and replaced the cracked beat up bumper that had a big dent in it. Off ebay painted for $400. Its not perfect, but very good, more than acceptable for an 11 year old car. Didn't want to drill holes in the bumper, so using washers and longer bolts, ended up doing it this way.
Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your ES today?-img_2055.jpg   What have you done to your ES today?-img_2056.jpg  
Old 03-25-15, 06:19 PM
MPohio
Driver School Candidate

It was finally 60f here and I had a busy day, did the complete ATF flush, changed cabin air, and engine air filter. I also Purchased 5w30 castro(prefer over mobil 1 ) oil/filter and got my waxes.

First off: Castro plus filter is on sale at autozone for $29.99 plus there is some rebate(think $13).
Detail kit- Clay bar kit, Megiars Ultimate Compound, and lastly Meguiar's Nex 2.0 poly wax. I have used this over the past 3 years with great success

Tomorrow is going to be in the low 40's(hate Ohio's early springs), so I need another 60f plus day to get the rest of this stuff done.

Last edited by MPohio; 03-25-15 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-27-15, 04:42 PM
seyelabrev
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, it's been a while. Just stopping by for a few updates (apologies for the quality of photos, it was taken on my iPhone).

^^ Past & present

Updated the interior.

EDIT: Photos are visible now lol

Last edited by seyelabrev; 04-18-15 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-29-15, 08:22 PM
gtstcactus
Pole Position

Polished headlights....

Replaced front engine mount (old one was in 2 pieces), what an improvement!! No more clunking and jolting when the AT shifts... So smooth to drive now!

Replaced rear wheel bearing hub (had to get mechanic to press old one out & new in)....

So just got to fight it out with the axle nut so I can remove the lower control arm, replace power steering & alternator belt, and replace the valve cover gaskets to stop oil leaking...
Old 04-01-15, 08:39 PM
8E0S8
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front and back were both 35% tint. wanted it darker so I just slapped some 5% on the back myself. Picture doesnt do justice of showing how different the front and back are

Also put on my oem Toyota window visors
Old 04-02-15, 05:05 AM
MPohio
Driver School Candidate

I replaced my cracked up Wheel well liner on the front drivers side, $27 for a new one on ebay. Pretty easy job. Don't pay $1.77 for the plastic push screw thingys, Advance auto has the 1/4" ones that worked perfectly for $4 per 14. I also replaced my rear sway bar bushings and took care of the thumping noise when I go over rough roads($7 autozone). Pretty easy job, but had to replace a broken bolt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your ES today?