ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

What have you done to your ES today?

Old 11-08-14, 12:41 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by drkandre
I haven't got everything installed yet, however, I have done the big 3. I have two alpine type r 12s to put in, which I'm going to build a custom box for. Each 12 will be powered by a jl 750.1 Hd amplifier. I'm looking at about 1500watts.
Cool put up pictures when you get them in. I was gonna stick around 1000 but now I'm wondering if I should get 2 12s and around 1200 watts. I guess the only things you need to replace when you get up There in watts is the battery and alternator.

You should put some sort of soft tape on your rear plate to keep it from rattling . I need to check to see what kind I used to use but it's perfect. I wouldn't even worry about sound deadening unless you have money to blow . A Lexus is already quiet
Old 11-08-14, 02:57 PM
drkandre
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by funcrusher
Cool put up pictures when you get them in. I was gonna stick around 1000 but now I'm wondering if I should get 2 12s and around 1200 watts. I guess the only things you need to replace when you get up There in watts is the battery and alternator.

You should put some sort of soft tape on your rear plate to keep it from rattling . I need to check to see what kind I used to use but it's perfect. I wouldn't even worry about sound deadening unless you have money to blow . A Lexus is already quiet
I definitely will post pics! Next up is a better battery, possibly two. I have scrap sound deadening on the back of the license plate, and I am going to definitely deaden some areas. I am getting lots of rattles now with just my 10 in sub lol. A lot of it is coming from the third brake light hitting the rear window. Also getting some other rattles I need to track down.
Old 11-10-14, 03:02 AM
funcrusher
Racer

Damn I forgot what I did to stop the rattle on my brake light years ago. It was something simple but I can't remember. I think I'm gonna go towards more Sound quality than bass loudness with this car. I'm getting old lol
Old 11-10-14, 09:05 PM
drkandre
Rookie

Damn I forgot what I did to stop the rattle on my brake light years ago. It was something simple but I can't remember. I think I'm gonna go towards more Sound quality than bass loudness with this car. I'm getting old lol
If you remember let me know, it's driving me nuts lol
Old 11-17-14, 06:35 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Did an oil change to synthetic Mobil 1 and a Toyota filter this weekend. Put in my snow-brush, gave it a good vacuum and wash, as well as applied touch-up paint.

(Almost) ready for winter.

Old 11-18-14, 06:19 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ nice look..also are you going to smoke the rear tail light? i am thinking of doing mine ..but not sure what look. like maybe leaving the turn signal and reverse light on and just smoke the rest.
Old 11-18-14, 01:10 PM
funcrusher
Racer

If you remember let me know, it's driving me nuts lol
I hsvent remembered yet lol but what do you think of the roof and trunk flexing from a lot of watts? That's another reason I think around 1,100 watts will be my cut off

I do remember an installer putting some sort of glue around the light to keep it in place....I will get in touch with the car stereo shop owner I used to talk to and ask since I'm looking to start buying **** next month
Old 11-19-14, 11:23 AM
drkandre
Rookie

I hsvent remembered yet lol but what do you think of the roof and trunk flexing from a lot of watts? That's another reason I think around 1,100 watts will be my cut off

I do remember an installer putting some sort of glue around the light to keep it in place....I will get in touch with the car stereo shop owner I used to talk to and ask since I'm looking to start buying **** next month
I know the trunk is rattling. Not so much from the roof yet. I need to sound deaden the trunk lid, but I can watch the 3rd brake light hit the glass lol. I need to sort out the rear doors vibrating from the 6.5s I installed with mdf rings. It's a slow process at the moment haha
Old 11-19-14, 04:09 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
^I'm about an hour and a half away from where you are speedkar, got some snow but no accumulation. Ill get them put on the last week of november
So 02SDGS.... I heard Buffalo got a "little" bit of snow the other day.... How are those summer tires playing out? Lets see some pics
Old 11-19-14, 04:26 PM
funcrusher
Racer

I know the trunk is rattling. Not so much from the roof yet. I need to sound deaden the trunk lid, but I can watch the 3rd brake light hit the glass lol. I need to sort out the rear doors vibrating from the 6.5s I installed with mdf rings. It's a slow process at the moment haha
I really don't want to put sound deadener and am hoping the doors don't rattle when I replace the speakers. I guess I could get enough just for the 4 doors though.

Ok I've been thinking about what I'm gonna do and I remember reading this year's ago when I was getting into systems. Dont worry about rear speakers unless you always have people back there. Spend that money on getting an excellent component system up front. Don't use the rears so you csn get more bass from subs which won't over power the fronts if you got some powerful ones.

I'm just gonna sound deaden the front doors and spend a grip on a great components and an amp to push them

Last edited by funcrusher; 11-20-14 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-22-14, 06:26 AM
Fritz330
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a car painter buddy of mine add a pin strip and black out the rear view mirror necks because the paint was flaking off.
Old 11-22-14, 07:15 PM
drkandre
Rookie

Originally Posted by Fritz330

Had a car painter buddy of mine add a pin strip and black out the rear view mirror necks because the paint was flaking off.
Good choice on the pinstripe!
Old 12-11-14, 07:47 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

It snowed and snowed.

Old 12-13-14, 09:26 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Front say bar links, put on the snow tires, got an inspection, and got it washed. No more rattling and the shaking steering wheel over bumps is now gone as well. I can only assume that before with the loose swaybar links, the vibration was resonating somewhere causing the steering wheel to do the same.
Old 12-16-14, 10:00 AM
drkandre
Rookie

Bought some 225/40 r18 92v toyo tires. Saved some money by mounting and balancing myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your ES today?