ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Hello, I'm new here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-12, 12:48 PM
smee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seyelabrev
smee- I got them at Fairfield for a really good price including tires. I still have their information if you're interested.
I would love the info!
Could we get some pics of the car in full? Different angles with the wheels and all?
How is the ride with the wheels?
Old 04-26-12, 12:12 PM
seyelabrev
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking More photos!

Today marks the day for two weeks ever since I got my wheels/tires combo. Maybe it's just me, but the ride feels much smoother for making sharp turns or corners... I also do my best to avoid pot holes as much as possible.

Per smee's request, thought I'd post up some different angles and how it currently sits. Enjoy.

^Painted my calipers to satin black. Looks better imo compared to the rustic condition it used to be..

Looking to fill those fender gaps hopefully soon!
Old 04-26-12, 12:28 PM
smee
Driver

Oh jeeeeez. It looks so classy, and yet FREAKIN DOPE at the same.
Can't wait to see it lowered!
What kind of paint did you use on the calipers?

Also, would you mind PM'ing me the Fairfield peeps info on the wheels? I'm really interested in getting these wheels (if its in my budget... ahaha)
Old 04-26-12, 01:56 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

once again, i usually frown at the sight of replicas because they are usually not even close to the real thing.
but these are legit!!!! the details are down to the dish bolts. centre caps just round off the package. very nice!

but, this cannot stop right here! i demand lowering springs to be installed asap!!!
that factory paint is so shiny, i'm jealous.
Old 04-27-12, 10:53 AM
seyelabrev
Driver

smee- I used a caliper paint from Auto Zone (did research before purchasing). I only did one coating, but I highly recommend doing a second to insure longevity.

EEngineer- I wish the factory paint looked nice in real life as it comes out in the photos! Notice that I'm taking angles of the car (photoshop is my best friend).. I do, however, have minor cosmetic blemishes and the hood is completely oxidized
Old 04-27-12, 10:58 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

^VHT caliper paint is the best! i actually like them better than the Duplicolor engine enamel because they have more shine to, downside is they take longer to dry since the sheen doesn't dry quickly.

and....forget the paint problems! i'm sure it'll buff out.
just get it lowered!!
Old 04-30-12, 10:17 PM
seyelabrev
Driver

Today was a good day~!!
Made an appointment to get my windows tinted in two weeks, AND got my tax refunds back... which means that I'm getting those Tanabe springs! I'll be on a little bit of a hiatus, but will be returning when something gets done. Stay tuned!

EDIT: *Newbie question* Am I required or is it necessary for me to equip/replace with new struts to go with the springs?

Last edited by seyelabrev; 04-30-12 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-01-12, 12:10 PM
smee
Driver

Originally Posted by seyelabrev
Today was a good day~!!
Made an appointment to get my windows tinted in two weeks, AND got my tax refunds back... which means that I'm getting those Tanabe springs! I'll be on a little bit of a hiatus, but will be returning when something gets done. Stay tuned!

EDIT: *Newbie question* Am I required or is it necessary for me to equip/replace with new struts to go with the springs?
SHWEET!!

I would definitely grab new struts and get kill two birds with one stone.
Because essentially, you'll be killing one bird now and then sometime soon you'll want to kill the second bird (the struts).
Also, with it lower, you'll want new struts to stiffen up the suspension a bit to avoid possible rubbing when theres more peeps and/or junk in the trunk to weigh it down.
Old 05-01-12, 01:55 PM
seyelabrev
Driver

Originally Posted by smee
SHWEET!!

I would definitely grab new struts and get kill two birds with one stone.
Because essentially, you'll be killing one bird now and then sometime soon you'll want to kill the second bird (the struts).
Also, with it lower, you'll want new struts to stiffen up the suspension a bit to avoid possible rubbing when theres more peeps and/or junk in the trunk to weigh it down.
Appreciate your input, I'm considering it to get it now. What brand/kind of struts do you recommend for a 2001 ES300?
Old 05-01-12, 01:58 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

People will always recommend KYB-GR2'S its what i have now. Others have monroes, and another that are really cheap but i know people have had luck with are sensens. They are a cheap Chinese brand, but my neighbor hasn't had any problems with them. They do ride a lot firmer then most others though....especially OE struts
Old 05-01-12, 03:15 PM
seyelabrev
Driver

Originally Posted by gray_es300
People will always recommend KYB-GR2'S its what i have now. Others have monroes, and another that are really cheap but i know people have had luck with are sensens. They are a cheap Chinese brand, but my neighbor hasn't had any problems with them. They do ride a lot firmer then most others though....especially OE struts
Checking out the KYB GR2's right now, but the site I'm looking at comes in individual pieces.. I don't know where to start and what to buy.. Is there somewhere that provides a whole set instead of purchasing individually (sorry in advance for this newbie question, lol)?

Hook a brother up with a few links, please.
Old 05-01-12, 04:51 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Rock auto your best bet
Old 05-17-12, 12:45 AM
seyelabrev
Driver

Talking Celebrating 365 days!!

Today marks the day for owning the 3ES for a year!
I just had to equip with another upgrade before I made the cut.

Got these babies done two days ago: 50% front (shhhhh) and 20% rear. I can finally open the windows now.

Also received these in the mail recently..

Hoping to get the car dropped by late June/mid July. Following up with a paint job. Looking to get these done before I hit 150K miles.

Stay tuned!
Old 07-05-12, 03:10 PM
seyelabrev
Driver

Default The drop & 150K!

Had my car lowered for about a week now, and the ride is still a little stiff. It feels like it absorbs EVERYTHING on the road, and waiting for the struts to smooth out a bit. Overall, it looks good on how it currently sits-- especially for a daily driven car. I do, however, want to go a tad bit lower..

Just hit 150K yesterday in SF!

More on the way...
UP NEXT: paint job & a few DIY projects.
Old 07-05-12, 03:28 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

great shots too..keep them coming
and get LED interior and DRL as well

Quick Reply: Hello, I'm new here.