ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Interest for front and rear lips for the ES

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-11, 10:27 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Interest for front and rear lips for the ES

Hello fellow ES forum members,

Well, I've been a member for 2 years now and have a 1998 ES 300 and I've done a lot to it in modifications. This post is to see if I can generate or see if there is interest from you all in having available front and rear lower lips for the 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen and maybe 4th Gen ES'. I sent a message to a forum rep. from Extreme Dimensions in Southern Cal to see if they could design and manufacture lips, front and rear for the ES. If there is interest please post on this thread or email the Rep. and let him know your interest and how you heard about it.

Thank you,

The following is my message and response from the Rep:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angmedic91
Hello Khurram,

I am Robert from Ventura County, CA. I own a 1998Lexus ES300. I post regularly on the ES Forum and one thing we ES owners would like to see is more body kits for our cars, 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen and above. I currently have a VIS Racing front lower lip that apparently is not being made anymore. I have cracked it in half at the right front corner by the fog light and had to repair and reinforce with fiberglass, reshape, primer and then have repaint. I also have Extreme Dimensions side skirts which I have had no problems with. My request would be for a rear lower lip for my 3rd Gen ES. I have been told that a TRD Camry rear 2 piece lip would work, but TRD no longer makes their body kits for the Camry. So, as you can see, front and rear lower lips are no longer available, but I feel the members on our ES forum would be interested in the add on lower lip kits. I know ED makes full bumper body kits, but that would involve removing the old bumper and replacing it with a fiberglass bumper, which all together would cost a lot to do versus painting and installing, for the most part, on your own lower lip kits. I feel their would be a market for lower front and rear lip kits for the ES.

Thank you,

Robert

_____

Response from Rep:

Try to spark some interest in your forum and see who would be interested in similar items. Maybe we can take your front lip and replicate it into a carbon fiber version as well.
New Pricing on Most Parts! Contact me for details!!
Old 05-05-11, 11:12 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am in, my summer project was going to mess with the accord lip i have to fit onto my 3ES
Old 05-05-11, 11:46 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would definitely be great if they can remake the insanely rare front lip for the 2ES but I was told by them that they would not make it unless they could source one to replicate. If they are willing to do it, then I'm sure many owners would snap one up
Old 05-06-11, 05:04 AM
jdmshawn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea im in too I've been searching for a front lip for a long time
Old 05-06-11, 09:01 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Oh Robert, nice of you to spark an idea. But group buys are horrible and never end up working. In the end it will probably be a couple of you. Best of luck regardless.
Old 05-06-11, 11:31 AM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

id get a lip for the 3es, but i don't like the one on your car (no offence) if they just flat out design a new one id be in
Old 05-06-11, 12:52 PM
brandoe91
Driver

I would get a 2es front lip.. modifying the accord one isn't working out 2 good.
Old 05-06-11, 06:21 PM
SPKV6
Driver

Ill get one if they make one!
Old 05-06-11, 06:30 PM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

this front lip would be sick to make
Attached Thumbnails Interest for front and rear lips for the ES-p1000990la1.jpg  
Old 05-06-11, 07:10 PM
marcoes300
Lead Lap

i'm in ! how many ppl more?
Old 05-07-11, 05:34 AM
aziguy1
Driver School Candidate

Default Lip kit please

Christmas time yay what I was looking for almost give up I'm all in
Old 05-07-11, 09:02 AM
bizzness
Rookie

who makes the lip on that tan es thats the look i like clean and simple
Old 05-07-11, 11:47 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Oh Robert, nice of you to spark an idea. But group buys are horrible and never end up working. In the end it will probably be a couple of you. Best of luck regardless.
01LEXPL, this isnt really a group buy, but to generate interest or to see how much interest there is from the ES folks, if they would buy front or rear lower lips. As my first posted stated, the Extreme Dimensions Rep. was looking to see what items they could provide to the Lexus community and I decided to see if they could make lower lip kits for the ES. He then stated if there was enough interest they may manufacture bumper lip kits for our cars.

Originally Posted by Pyroibw
id get a lip for the 3es, but i don't like the one on your car (no offence) if they just flat out design a new one id be in
Well, I am hoping they would design a new lower front or rear lip, but it all depends on the interest of all us fellow ES owners. He did state that since I do have a rare front lip they could easily replicate one and make it out of carbon fiber. It would probably be easier for them to make a mold from existing lips and then make them out of carbon fiber, lighter and stronger than fiberglass. Btw, no offense taken. Everyone has different taste, thats what makes us all unique when it comes to customizing cars.

Originally Posted by Ariyanna
That is a nice simple lip. It seems that Extreme Dimensions would prefer to replicate, rather than redesign a new front or rear lip. If that is the case, I would be willing to give up my lip for replication and if there are others out there that have other front or rarer rear lip, such as a TRD lip, Extreme Dimensions would like those for replication. But, bottom line is we need to show E.D. that there is alot of interest out there. If there are other Lexus fourms with ES members, please repost or attach a link on the other ES forums. This is a group effort, so please spread the word. Thank you.
Old 05-07-11, 04:33 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in!

I am pushing for the few 4ES owners out there!

I would love to see a front/rear lip for my car, also a rear lip spoiler.

But I want it to be very settle and luxurious, nothing that stands out too much or looks ricey.
Old 05-08-11, 01:22 PM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ariyanna
id be all over this

Quick Reply: Interest for front and rear lips for the ES