ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?

Old 08-25-13, 05:32 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds good, i am so sad i missed a deal for a supercharger, it was $2148 for the kit and a snow meth kit, I wish I had the funds
Old 08-26-13, 12:31 PM
gabzor
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn.. read page 1 - 38...nice car(s) and garage and great great worksmanship man
Old 09-01-13, 01:14 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

track photos
Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-ccjq1qd.jpg

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-lfbyhxs.jpg

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-mf61yuc.jpg

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-lt90xk5.jpg

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-g8qomvw.jpg

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-upvcynn.jpg

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-s91vnci.jpg

Last edited by EEngineer; 09-01-13 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-07-13, 02:04 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DixonPai
sounds good, i am so sad i missed a deal for a supercharger, it was $2148 for the kit and a snow meth kit, I wish I had the funds
oh man...$2148...i would go for it. i know someone on my 1mz-fe facebook group is selling a full kit for $1800

Originally Posted by gabzor
damn.. read page 1 - 38...nice car(s) and garage and great great worksmanship man
haha thanks! i have a lot of people who go through 30+ pages in one shot lol. kinda entertaining isn't it?

here's another clip of me tailiing an Audi RS5

Old 09-08-13, 11:28 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

How many confused stares do you get showing up to the track in an es300? haha
Old 09-24-13, 09:22 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

^i get plenty lol. especially when i pass those hondas on the straights.
one kid in an integra saw me tailing him, so he signals me to pass, so i went ahead to pass, but the kid realized that my car looked like a grocerygetter, so he did something very unethical on the track, guy went back to WOT when I was trying to pass him....but guess what, I still pulled a full car's length on him before the straight ended.
it's very dangerous when kids pull **** like that on the track, if i can't find myself at the right place on the track before the high speed turn at the end of the straight, i could slide off the track and hit a wall or something.

anywho, here's a video of my buddy's supercharged 5spd camry with smoking brakes

Old 10-31-13, 04:54 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Every now and again I look at the ES section and I happened to see this. All I can say is WOW. This build and your car is awesome!

I used to have a 94 ES black/tan. My mother was the original owner and I had it until 2011. After so long it kept nickel and diming me and I caved in and purchased my Camry and love it. I always thought about doing a TRD SC to the ES, perhaps if it was manual to begin with it would still be in my stable.

Anyways, great work. Definitely one of my favorite ES's ever!
Old 11-02-13, 05:04 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EEngineer
^i get plenty lol. especially when i pass those hondas on the straights.
one kid in an integra saw me tailing him, so he signals me to pass, so i went ahead to pass, but the kid realized that my car looked like a grocerygetter, so he did something very unethical on the track, guy went back to WOT when I was trying to pass him....but guess what, I still pulled a full car's length on him before the straight ended.
it's very dangerous when kids pull **** like that on the track, if i can't find myself at the right place on the track before the high speed turn at the end of the straight, i could slide off the track and hit a wall or something.

anywho, here's a video of my buddy's supercharged 5spd camry with smoking brakes

Supercharged Camry Smoking brakes at Shannonville Motorsports Park - YouTube

Looks like King's car. When did he Primer/Plastidip his car?
Old 11-03-13, 11:46 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by soarer213
Every now and again I look at the ES section and I happened to see this. All I can say is WOW. This build and your car is awesome!

I used to have a 94 ES black/tan. My mother was the original owner and I had it until 2011. After so long it kept nickel and diming me and I caved in and purchased my Camry and love it. I always thought about doing a TRD SC to the ES, perhaps if it was manual to begin with it would still be in my stable.

Anyways, great work. Definitely one of my favorite ES's ever!
thanks man! it's comments like yours that keep me going.

too bad i haven't even driven the ES since september. I ran into some issues with my custom polyurethane dogbone mount after the polyurethane hardened after years of abuse and broke apart in piece. i ordered new superpro bushing and pressed them in myself but got fitment issues cuz i screwed up by not pressing out the retainer rings urgh...

i did start working on the solara though. the solara got new suspension.
KYB Excel-G front + TRD rear dampers, Eibach springs, all new KYB mounts, spring retainers, dust shield and stoppers. took me 12 hours to install all by myself, urgh. but it no longer rides like a boat! =D
also, got the oem alloy wheels refinished. looks great for a 14 year old daily driver.

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-wz542cu.jpg

Originally Posted by Bdub215
Looks like King's car. When did he Primer/Plastidip his car?
he did that over the summer with a spray gun and a bucket of plastidip lol. looks good!
he dinged his rim on the track again though lol...but man, his car is setup for the track better than mine. stiffer coilover springs, bucket seats, and brand new tires.
Old 03-16-14, 07:54 PM
Gerson
Pole Position

Get this ES going again Cody and leave the Solara alone, lol jk! Any updates?
Old 03-17-14, 07:46 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

^haha, thanks for the reply man.

unfortunately the solara has been getting all the attention recently.
the Lex sat the entire winter and the windshield now got a huge crack from the stone chip due to the deep freeze we had in canada over the winter.

many people told me to part it out or get rid of it, but I don't think I'll do that. I have three cars right now and I need to get rid of my Mercedes E-class soon, that way I can focus on the ES again.

It needs a lot of work still, but I think I'll continue to work on it as soon as it gets warmer here.

was -16C here today.

in the meantime, maybe enjoy some solara pictures?
Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-wguwvm7.jpg
Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-twvkbnu.jpg
Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-myaxfip.jpg
Hello CL, wanna see something cool?-5euwmz7.jpg
Old 03-18-14, 10:24 AM
Gerson
Pole Position

Looking good! I also have to juggle between the ES and the Corolla. I'm working on a 3MZ swap for the Corolla and I'm collecting all the suspension and brake parts for the Lexus.

Last edited by Gerson; 03-18-14 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-12-14, 12:33 AM
93stickes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sat and read the whole forum.. This build is amazing. Everything Ive ever wanted to do to my 93 es300 5sp manual. Right down to the one tone pearl white. It makes me want to start modding mine more! What do you use to clear your headlights? Mine are projectors with HIDs but are super cloudy.
Old 01-02-15, 12:54 AM
JonnysES
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump for an old thread? What's up with the mighty es300 now a days EE?
Old 05-26-15, 11:14 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

throw back thursday bump.
i've been MIA in the car scene for over a year and half now. been through some big changes in life which basically resulted in my neglect for my ES, but good news is that car is still around! bad news is that it's in need of a lot of things, such as new engine, some body work and a windshield. car still runs, which is amazing, but it's not completely safe to drive.

I've been relocated temporarily to California for the past 6 months and I just got back home to Toronto, and this summer I booked a lot of time off, so I expect to see some progress on the ES for sure and may update this thread properly once again.

cheers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello CL, wanna see something cool?