Hello CL, wanna see something cool? - Page 3 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-11, 09:19 AM   #31
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,034
Default






ready for paint soon.
will be finished in a week or so
EEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 07:23 PM   #32
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,034
Default

$830 with Toyo Proxes SPT mounted and balancedi don't think i need to say which type of rims they are



winter setup rim after i burn through those rubber
EEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 11:07 AM   #33
HamBurglar
Driver
 
HamBurglar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post

as for the coilovers, I got the coilovers for 94+ camry.

the camry suspension is universal from 92~2001
same as es 92~2001
solara gen1 ~ gen1.5
First off, i cant wait to see what your ES looks like completed!
How much work did you need to put into the interior? Most 2nd Gen ES owners like myself suffer from a old worn out, ugly interior. If you have more pics of the interior please post!

As for the suspension parts 92-96 and 97-01 being universal i'm curious about. From what ive learned about 2nd Gen ES suspension parts was all on this forum (mainly from Slooooooow's Suspension Guide sticky, btw thanks for all the help and knowledge ive gained from it over the last decade Slooooow) and it basically says 2nd and 3rd gen arent compatible.
If the parts are compatible then youve just motivated me to keep my old friend (been thinking of selling it, havent even drove it for almost a year).
HamBurglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 12:17 PM   #34
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,034
Default

^thanks for the kind works man.
I've only owned this car for 3 and half month and it's been at the shop for over a month.

The reason I picked up the car was because I saw how great the interior was. It wasn't perfect but I knew I could do a lot to clean it up.
I got the interior completely steam cleaned afterwards and did some leather treatment and it was just as good as ever.

right now the interior is a mess again because the paint shop has to get things dirty in order to do their job properly. I'll surely post after I've gotten her back.

as for suspension, I've been a long time ToyotaNation member and I have friends who works for toyota dealership and drive/modify camrys and es300s since they were old enough to drive. They've confirmed over and over again with the interchangeability of suspension parts. I'm about to prove that again by using camry coilovers on the ES and from my experience with my previous camry, i know for sure it'll fit.
EEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 08:47 AM   #35
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,034
Default







went to see my car yesterday.
wet sand is mostly done. just a couple of details here and there. Today or tomorrow the paint goes on.
it'll be fun.

and i fixed the power windows/seats/locks problem. after hours of research, the god damn blown fuse is deep inside the dash instead of those fuse boxes.
EEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 01:28 PM   #36
AlphaOnion
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
AlphaOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Houston
Posts: 206
Default

Hey man, major props on both the Camry AND the ES. I'm jealous.
I had one question though; Do you know where I can find a performance ECU for a '94 ES300? Maybe one that is meant for a Camry but fits the ES too? Help me out here.
AlphaOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 01:47 PM   #37
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOnion View Post
Hey man, major props on both the Camry AND the ES. I'm jealous.
I had one question though; Do you know where I can find a performance ECU for a '94 ES300? Maybe one that is meant for a Camry but fits the ES too? Help me out here.
that's a very good question.

there are two types of engine management you can run. first is the common piggy back type of engine computer, which is simply an in and out signal filter which modifies the signals going in and out of the ECU for timing/fuel based on rpm, temp, load readings etc.

a couple of popular ones are the Apexi SAFC, Greddy E-Manage Blue, Greddy E-Manage Ultimate etc etc

Also, there are the standalone ECUs, which simply replaces the stock ECU. They are much more expensive to buy, harder to install, and even harder to setup. however, once properly installed and tuned, they can unleash the true potential of a motor.

some examples are AEM EMS, Haltech, MegaSquirt, Hondata Kpro etc etc..


now from 94 and above, all toyota V6 cars upgraded to OBDII, so the stock ECU will adjust both open and close loops...which is bad news for piggy back ECUs, because of the auto adjustment, you will need to reset the stock ECU once in a while because the automatic adjustment will offset the tune on the piggyback and make the car run richer usually.

Since I did a 3VZ swap on the camry and supercharged it, it remained at OBDI so I ran the best piggy back engine management possible, I got the Greddy E-manage ultimate. It sells for around $1000 brand new and I jumped at the first local deal possible and picked one up for $450...however after the partout i decided to sell it and sold it for $550.

this time with the ES300, I've decided to go a step further and get a standalone. I'll be going with a AEM EMS 2 and by running this ECU i'll be able to do some custom wiring and remove the stock AFM and replace it with a MAF sensor which is much better to have when I turbo my car later on.
EEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 04:04 PM   #38
Dilbones
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post
that's a very good question.

there are two types of engine management you can run. first is the common piggy back type of engine computer, which is simply an in and out signal filter which modifies the signals going in and out of the ECU for timing/fuel based on rpm, temp, load readings etc.

a couple of popular ones are the Apexi SAFC, Greddy E-Manage Blue, Greddy E-Manage Ultimate etc etc

Also, there are the standalone ECUs, which simply replaces the stock ECU. They are much more expensive to buy, harder to install, and even harder to setup. however, once properly installed and tuned, they can unleash the true potential of a motor.

some examples are AEM EMS, Haltech, MegaSquirt, Hondata Kpro etc etc..


now from 94 and above, all toyota V6 cars upgraded to OBDII, so the stock ECU will adjust both open and close loops...which is bad news for piggy back ECUs, because of the auto adjustment, you will need to reset the stock ECU once in a while because the automatic adjustment will offset the tune on the piggyback and make the car run richer usually.

Since I did a 3VZ swap on the camry and supercharged it, it remained at OBDI so I ran the best piggy back engine management possible, I got the Greddy E-manage ultimate. It sells for around $1000 brand new and I jumped at the first local deal possible and picked one up for $450...however after the partout i decided to sell it and sold it for $550.

this time with the ES300, I've decided to go a step further and get a standalone. I'll be going with a AEM EMS 2 and by running this ECU i'll be able to do some custom wiring and remove the stock AFM and replace it with a MAF sensor which is much better to have when I turbo my car later on.
holllly ish hahah <3
Dilbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 05:38 PM   #39
HamBurglar
Driver
 
HamBurglar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 153
Default

So they just bolt right up? Strut mounts are exactly the same? No modding needed? That is freaking awesome! After i do a few things to my GS it's Camry coilover time for the ES!
HamBurglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 10:14 PM   #40
02SDGS
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ny
Posts: 5,257
Default

Its amazing what you are doing. Many people would never undertake something like this because they figure it wouldn't be worth it due to the cars age, but i'm glad some people do
02SDGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-11, 10:22 PM   #41
AlphaOnion
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
AlphaOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Houston
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post
that's a very good question.

there are two types of engine management you can run. first is the common piggy back type of engine computer, which is simply an in and out signal filter which modifies the signals going in and out of the ECU for timing/fuel based on rpm, temp, load readings etc.

a couple of popular ones are the Apexi SAFC, Greddy E-Manage Blue, Greddy E-Manage Ultimate etc etc

Also, there are the standalone ECUs, which simply replaces the stock ECU. They are much more expensive to buy, harder to install, and even harder to setup. however, once properly installed and tuned, they can unleash the true potential of a motor.

some examples are AEM EMS, Haltech, MegaSquirt, Hondata Kpro etc etc..


now from 94 and above, all toyota V6 cars upgraded to OBDII, so the stock ECU will adjust both open and close loops...which is bad news for piggy back ECUs, because of the auto adjustment, you will need to reset the stock ECU once in a while because the automatic adjustment will offset the tune on the piggyback and make the car run richer usually.

Since I did a 3VZ swap on the camry and supercharged it, it remained at OBDI so I ran the best piggy back engine management possible, I got the Greddy E-manage ultimate. It sells for around $1000 brand new and I jumped at the first local deal possible and picked one up for $450...however after the partout i decided to sell it and sold it for $550.

this time with the ES300, I've decided to go a step further and get a standalone. I'll be going with a AEM EMS 2 and by running this ECU i'll be able to do some custom wiring and remove the stock AFM and replace it with a MAF sensor which is much better to have when I turbo my car later on.
So there are no aftermarket standalone ECU's for 1MZ-FE engines?
AlphaOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 05:10 PM   #42
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray_es300 View Post
Its amazing what you are doing. Many people would never undertake something like this because they figure it wouldn't be worth it due to the cars age, but i'm glad some people do
thanks man, it's comments like this that makes everything so worthwhile!



Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOnion View Post
So there are no aftermarket standalone ECU's for 1MZ-FE engines?
of course there are, just not specifically made for the 1MZ, but for most of the aftermarket ECUs they make it universal, all you gotta find someone to wire it in for you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HamBurglar View Post
So they just bolt right up? Strut mounts are exactly the same? No modding needed? That is freaking awesome! After i do a few things to my GS it's Camry coilover time for the ES!
yep yep, suspension is direct bolt on between the camry/es300/solara/avalon between 92~01
EEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 05:10 PM   #43
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,034
Default

oh yea, i'm picking up the car tomorrow. super excited ^_^
EEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 10:39 PM   #44
AlphaOnion
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
AlphaOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Houston
Posts: 206
Default

Awesome, post some pics! And a link to a compatible ECU if it's not too much trouble.
AlphaOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 08:35 AM   #45
xXTimmayXx
Driver
 
xXTimmayXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post
oh yea, i'm picking up the car tomorrow. super excited ^_^
More pics when you see her again? *nudge nudge*
xXTimmayXx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA OEM Shift Knob and F-Sport Shift knob nippiexfam 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 5 05-14-14 11:27 AM
Dirty girls! Sfw. Dv8 SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) 15 02-20-09 08:36 PM
Oh god.... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TOP!?#@@#$%^# Dv8 SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) 49 10-02-08 01:34 PM
Christmas came a little early this year ... ! ItsChris GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 18 10-01-08 01:14 AM
Recent pictures of my DD 'drift wench' Dv8 SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) 27 07-10-08 08:57 PM


Tags
07, 17, bc, blue, camry, cl, coilovers, control, emanage, engine, es300, es330, greddy, gt03s, install, lexus, racing, sale, sc300, ssr, turn, unit, werfen

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved