ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

turtle wax ICE synthetic paste

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-11, 09:22 PM
giovany24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turtle wax ICE synthetic paste

just finished detaling my car today. i used Turtle Wax ICE car wash, the applied Turtle Wax Synthetic Paste Polish. car looks great now. took away all those annoying little scratches. on the inside i used meguiars gold class rich leather cleaner/conditioner. great product. here r some pics. it was kinda late, i will try to post some better ones tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails turtle wax ICE synthetic paste-1.jpg1.jpg   turtle wax ICE synthetic paste-3.jpg1.jpg   turtle wax ICE synthetic paste-4.jpg1.jpg   turtle wax ICE synthetic paste-5.jpg   turtle wax ICE synthetic paste-6.jpg  

Old 06-10-11, 08:01 AM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lexus lookin good. In the future use Meguiars Ultimate Polish and Meguiars Ultimate Wax though. Better in a hundred ways, a bit more expensive but it's worth it. ICE sucks.
Old 06-10-11, 09:41 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks nice. Anytime I've used anything turtle wax, especially ICE it always came out ****ty, or wasnt as nice to apply as other brands
Old 06-10-11, 12:39 PM
ikant
Rookie

That's the "look of glass" anyone should want. Wicked!!

I've been having pretty good results with ICE. But yesterday I tried some type of light blue liquid in a regular spray bottle a co-worker gave to me to try--no explanation, just said, "try this.." After I was done putting up hose and cleaning supplies, I walked back towards the car and froze--never seen it shine like that before. Even my wife asked WHERE I got the car detailed (and of course how MUCH did I spend). [I'll have to find out what it was he gave me]. Still wanna try Meguire's since I've been hearing so many great things about it.
Old 06-10-11, 01:09 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ikant
That's the "look of glass" anyone should want. Wicked!!

I've been having pretty good results with ICE. But yesterday I tried some type of light blue liquid in a regular spray bottle a co-worker gave to me to try--no explanation, just said, "try this.." After I was done putting up hose and cleaning supplies, I walked back towards the car and froze--never seen it shine like that before. Even my wife asked WHERE I got the car detailed (and of course how MUCH did I spend). [I'll have to find out what it was he gave me]. Still wanna try Meguire's since I've been hearing so many great things about it.
I'm not familiar with a blue spray detailer. You will love Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer and Ultimate Quik Wax though in addition to the wax. If your serious about car care then go to http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/
Old 06-10-11, 01:24 PM
giovany24
Rookie

i think that ICE products r really good. the wax does seem to be harder to remove than others but it does leave a good wet shine. u really have to take ur time so it can come out looking good.
Old 06-10-11, 03:25 PM
ikant
Rookie

Thank for the link, Mega--bookmarked.

Gio, I really loathe at the "elbow grease" needed to get pastes off. [Think it's time to invest that buffer after all]
Old 06-11-11, 04:00 PM
smokesgtp
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the ICE but prefer meguiars as well. For me, nothing beats a full meguiars three step job with an orbital. Makes a car look new. Do it once a year with ultimate wax about once a month or so and quik detailer often. The quick detailer may be the best car care product I know of.
Old 06-11-11, 07:00 PM
DesertDave
Driver School Candidate

Default Gold Class or Ultimate?

I'm just starting to do all the maintenance that's needed to bring my 97 ES300 back to an almost like new level. Figured it's time for a nice wax job after 255,000+ miles of wash only.

Megafast13 says Ultimate Quik Wax & Ultimate Quik Detailer is the way to go. Would Meguiar's gold class clear coat work better with all the small scratches and swirls?

Thanks in advance!
DD
Old 06-12-11, 07:00 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

^^ you want like new? Get it buffed, potentially wet sanded by a pro.

Otherwise, stick to over-the-counter waxes - the swirls will still be there, but it will be shinier thus giving the illusion of 'less' swirls. And of course protects the paint from the elements vs. a non-sealed exterior...