ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.
View Poll Results: Which rims do you think are better looking on a dark ES300?
5Zigen 5ZR Copse
0%
Armano 02
0%
Enkei CDR9
27.27%
Konig Imagine
27.27%
Rage Profile
36.36%
Nah...the stock rims are just fine.
9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Please help me decide on the rims!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-02, 05:42 PM
DJy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Konig Image rims. I've always liked those, but can't really afford them. More chromy look though so they give a shine at night, I think.
Old 08-28-02, 06:21 PM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would agree with Kyle too. I would save you money and get higher quality, you will only enjoy them so much more, and plus you are going to look at them everyday. But if your budget only allows you to get these type, then I would go with the last one. Maybe look in the classified section and look high quality used rims.
Old 08-28-02, 07:37 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by XeroK00L
I see. Thanks for the advice, Kyle.
Switching to bad wheels is probably worse than not switching at all indeed.
I'll do some more research on quality wheels before I make my decision.
Mind recommending a good wheels forum to me?
There is an excellent wheels forum right here on ClubLexus. You'll find it down below all the model forums if you keep scrolling down and look for it. If you go there and tell what style you're looking for, an approximate budget, that kind of stuff; you should get some real good suggestions for quality wheels within your budget. Cheap wheels will often cause all kinds of headaches such as easily cracked or bent wheels; as well as instantly lose the respect of anyone who knows their *****. I see cars in magazines with Konig's and other knockoff's and it's almost sickening. I do think there's a difference between those who put knockoff's on their car without knowing it, they aren't totally at fault; and those who know they are knockoff's and still do it, there's no excuse. Especially on a Lexus or other luxury car, knockoff wheels are a big no-no.

Gene, I do feel very Manaray-like there, he's one of the people who I've learned alot from and agree with the majority of his tastes and opinions. I'm glad to try and spread the gospel.
Old 08-29-02, 12:16 AM
LexFather

Please do it right. Before I knew anything about wheels, I had knock-offs and they are all LOW QUALITY POS. Thanks WHEEL GURUS here, I got some real wheels now

Good wheels don't cost much more than knock-offs but they may take a lil harder to find.
Old 08-29-02, 12:33 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just wondering, have you considered 19's? I think the new ES would look better with 19's or maybe even 20's, I'm sure the right 19's would fit without any problems, and I would guess you could get 20's on there if you went with real low profile tires and got the width and offset right. Of course the price goes up with bigger wheels, along with the extra cost of bigger tires, so it still depends on budget; but I'd consider 19's if I had an '02.

One more thing, if you're pushing the width limit on the tires and wheels, make sure you've talked to someone with experience with the car. You'll have to be more careful with offset to avoid rubbing if you're going with real wide wheels or tires, and it may be hard to come by extensive experience with the new ES's, although I'm sure someone has done some testing to figure out what works and what doesn't.
Old 08-29-02, 12:34 AM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, rims are a decision. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT put any of those wheels on ur LEX. You will be alot more satisfiied when u realize that you have legit rims and the guy next to you have some bootleg knock offs. Well seeing the ES is a fwd car, u cant get some big lips...but there is alot of other choices. Check out our fourm.
Old 08-29-02, 09:42 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SilverLS400
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT put any of those wheels on ur LEX.
Many thanks to the helpful suggestions.
I finally made up my mind and ended up spending $1700 (from Discount Tire) on a set of hyper silver (hyper black with chrome paint?) Manaray Vertec VR5, which makes the ES300 look something like the attached picture.
Kyle: I was considering 19" wheels too but the good ones I like are simply out of my budget.

I'll post the pics after some basic appearance mods (wheels, tints, lowering suspension) are finished.
Thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails Poll: Please help me decide on the rims!-manaray-vertec-vr5-chrome.jpg  

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-29-02 at 09:43 PM.