ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

lowering es250???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-02, 04:01 AM
blitz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering es250???

hello, all.

it might sound little funny but i would like to lower my es250 little bit.

it's almost same as camry v6, but i can't find any lowering springs for this car.

any help will be very thankful....
Old 08-27-02, 08:04 AM
2Lexos
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. why do you want to lower the car? 2. I haven't seen anything that is available as far as suspension cause it's old and parts are hard to come by. 3. Ever think about getting a newer Lex?
Old 08-27-02, 07:16 PM
blitz
Pole Position

first of all, thank you for answering my questions.

however, i don't think you read my questions right or your answers are not what i am looking for..

btw, i have a little newer lexus.
Old 08-28-02, 12:50 AM
BAWLEX94
Lead Lap

hold up a sec

this guy asks a question about lowering his older lexus, and you ask him why he doesnt get a newer one.......that's got to be the rudest reply i have read on here in a while.....first off, its his car and if he wants to lower it he can......its not a dumb idea just cause it's an ES250....why so much hatred towards that car? Im sure he has reasons for not owning a brand new lex
Old 08-28-02, 03:19 AM
2Lexos

Originally posted by BAWLEX94
hold up a sec

this guy asks a question about lowering his older lexus, and you ask him why he doesnt get a newer one.......that's got to be the rudest reply i have read on here in a while.....first off, its his car and if he wants to lower it he can......its not a dumb idea just cause it's an ES250....why so much hatred towards that car? Im sure he has reasons for not owning a brand new lex
hold on there tough guy....you need to learn how to read. i didn't ask him why he doesn't get a newer one.....if you see that in my post show me where it says that cause i must be ******ing blind. i asked him if he has thought about getting a new lex.....i didn't rag on his car either. i didn't say why would you want to lower that p.o.s. car or anything to that affect.......all i asked was his reason for wanting to lower his car....like for handling or just to narrow the gap if he has rims on it. i don't see where the rudeness in my post comes from....next time read carefully and don't try to start ***** with me cause you just don't know son.

and blitz....i did read your question right and i answered with what i know....there is not kit that i know of to lower your car. the only other option maybe the spring compressor's that some people use.....or you could get your factory springs heated.
Old 08-28-02, 12:23 PM
BAWLEX94
Lead Lap

First of all DAD.......im not your son.

Secondly...... when you phrase your statement like this:

"Why do you want to lower your car? " and "Ever think about getting a newer lexus?" it sounds pretty condescending. Im not sure that i see a difference in : "why don't you get a newer lexus" and "ever thought of getting a newer lexus".....actually wait, there IS NO DIFFERENCE. It's saying the same damn thing.....ok,,,,my bad,,,, i won't sink to cussing you out, but i doubt i was the only one that thought that souded a little patronizing.
Old 08-28-02, 12:39 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

btw, i have a little newer lexus.
If you read Blitz' profile, you will see he also has a '98 LS400. That's neither an old nor shabby car.
Old 08-28-02, 12:39 PM
2Lexos

Originally posted by BAWLEX94
First of all DAD.......im not your son.

Secondly...... when you phrase your statement like this:

"Why do you want to lower your car? " and "Ever think about getting a newer lexus?" it sounds pretty condescending. Im not sure that i see a difference in : "why don't you get a newer lexus" and "ever thought of getting a newer lexus".....actually wait, there IS NO DIFFERENCE. It's saying the same damn thing.....ok,,,,my bad,,,, i won't sink to cussing you out, but i doubt i was the only one that thought that souded a little patronizing.
asking why someone wants to lower there car is a legit question....cause there are different ways of doing it. so you want to see what is the reason for lowering so you can figure out the best method for that individual. and you reading to much into this whole thing pimp.....like i said before if i wanted to rag on the es250 i would have...but i don't....why?...cause its a lex and i like all of them....it's one of the first cars of the entire line and it deserves respect. the only reason i asked if he "ever thought of getting a newer lexus" was because there are more mod options for the newer ones...that's all. if you are insecure with your car that's your problem, don't pass on that insecurity to others. and from what i can see you don't even have es250 so why do you find yourself so offended? you shouldn't be cause nothing i said is offensive to anyone........one time there was a guy on here with a honda and i say honda was a good car....that's all. and he starts going on about how it might not be a lex but that's all he can afford and not to make fun of him......i was like wtf? how do you get all that from one statement....some people are just insecure with what they have.....and they will always be the same no matter what car they own.

Last edited by 2Lexos; 08-28-02 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-28-02, 12:55 PM
BAWLEX94
Lead Lap

well.....im not insecure at all with my car,,,, not sure if that's what you were implying.......i have a 94 ES that i love......now granted its not a brand new SC, but i love it nonetheless.........when i read what you said.....it simply sounded like you were dumping on his car......i was almost sure of it......and granted as to whether or not that was your original intent, i agree with everything you just said,........you backed up what your reasons were and now it makes sense......but honestly......re reading what you originally said honestly sounded mean to me....you know.....like you were looking down on the guy........but i did read your last post and i understand what you REALLY meant........my bad.....just your first post was kinda confusing
Old 08-28-02, 01:05 PM
2Lexos

it's no problem man, if you read the original post blitz says "it might sound little funny but i would like to lower my es250 little bit." he says it might sound little funny, not me and i just wanted to know the reason for lowering. that's all, glad you understand now. and i'm not here to rag on anyone...i'm here to learn and lend any knowledge that i have....that's my purpose here at clublexus. peace
Old 08-28-02, 01:56 PM
1loudlex

Talking

You go Alex!!!!
Old 08-29-02, 05:37 AM
ThE sQuArE
Driver School Candidate

Default DO NOT LOWER IT

It will ride horrible. It is illegal in some states and most inappropriate in my opinion.
Old 08-29-02, 07:16 AM
2Lexos

Originally posted by 1loudlex
You go Alex!!!!
i try brother, its just that some people are new around here and don't know the script so you know how it is.....
Old 08-29-02, 05:36 PM
BigghookUp
Pole Position

lol
Attached Thumbnails lowering es250???-retard.jpg  
Old 08-29-02, 06:20 PM
BAWLEX94
Lead Lap

oh god

Quick Reply: lowering es250???