ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Touch up paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-13, 09:42 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by difill1
I just wanted to let everyone know that during the last year I have used Dr Colorchip as seen on tv. This is the forth car that I have touched up multiple chips around the car and especially the usual front bumper chips. I have to say that it works just like on the commercial and one important thing I have noticed is that after several months it does not shrink and dry up or change color like the dealership touch up tubes. Also, while applying, when using the blending solution, don't rub the surface too hard, just let the solution penetrate and when you follow with the microfiber, let that step in buffing remove the remainder of paint that was left over. Also, I have found if you wax your car a lot that first cleaning the damaged areas with alcohol makes the paint apply better. This product is well worth the price and the colors I have used have matched perfectly and made chips so they are not visible when you get ten feet away from the car. It really did save me from having to go to the body shop to have the front end "freshened up". On scratches the product works pretty much like other touch up paint, I feel this paint is really meant for chips and I highly recommend it to anyone. This company also has all of the paint codes for the lower body cladding which is sometimes difficult to find on some Lexus models whereas it is not on the door jam and they have excellent customer service.
Nice 11 year thread spam bump.
Old 05-26-13, 10:53 PM
Edgee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased my touch up paint from Serramonte Lexus and had to order the paint made for my car. It has two applicator - a brush and a ball point pen like applicator at the top which is nice. I didn't have a chance to apply it yet to see how it matched my car.