ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Wooddash Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-10, 06:10 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Wooddash Kits

I've searched around and come across several people who've purchased wood dash kits, notably Lexusk8 here;

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...rnishings.html

To be honest, I'm only interested in adding woodtrim to the left, right and center air vents. I'm not certain if there are any companies that sell individual woodtrim pieces, but perhaps someone has experience with a company that does? I'm even willing to purchase the entire kit just to get those woodtrim pieces I'm interested in, but not for $300 which I've seen some of these kits go for.

Thanks
Old 07-25-10, 08:15 PM
PFB
Lexus Champion

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I bought the dash kit several months ago from the company below

http://www.carid.com/

The kit, is not wood but some sort of Vinyl. The match however is quite good, and once installed you can't really tell its Vinyl. It matches the OEM colors well, and the fit is excellent. The installation was very easy. I am very happy with the results.

Total cost about $80.00.

The company also claims that they can customize dash pieces for a specific need, so anyone looking to have a cover done for their non OEM Radio, maybe they can do it. Have no idea what the cost would be.

Now if I can only find a wood trim steering wheel, I'll be laughing.

Phil
Attached Thumbnails Wooddash Kits-p1000182.jpg   Wooddash Kits-p1000183.jpg   Wooddash Kits-p1000184.jpg   Wooddash Kits-p1000187.jpg  

Last edited by PFB; 07-25-10 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-25-10, 08:27 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Originally Posted by PFB

The kit, is not wood but some sort of Vinyl. The match however is quite good, and once installed you can't really tell its Vinyl. It matches the OEM colors well, and the fit is excellent. The installation was very easy. I am very happy with the results.

Total cost about $80.00.

The company also claims that they can customize dash pieces for a specific need, so anyone looking to have a cover done for their non OEM Radio, maybe they can do it. HAve no idea what the cost would be.

Phil
Wow Phil that looks great. For $70 shipped I think I'll take the plunge...tonight; and hopefully have it by this weekend. They seem to provide the same schematics as other vendors too, which leads me to believe it's a matter of pricing and not different kits. You selected for color "factory match" (only one I see available)?
Old 07-25-10, 09:07 PM
PFB
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
Wow Phil that looks great. For $70 shipped I think I'll take the plunge...tonight; and hopefully have it by this weekend. They seem to provide the same schematics as other vendors too, which leads me to believe it's a matter of pricing and not different kits. You selected for color "factory match" (only one I see available)?

I just went back and looked at the picture of the packaging and the kit that Lexusk8 installed. It appears to be the exact same kit that I got. For some reason he claims that it is real wood, yet mine is some sort of Vinyl. So I am a bit confused about that. But as I said, once you attach it, you can't really tell that its Vinyl. It does look like real wood., and it does look great.

The only 2 pieces that I did not install, where the two pieces included for the overhead. They were a bit two thick, and would not have looked right.

Phil

Last edited by PFB; 07-25-10 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-25-10, 10:17 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

I'm looking here,

http://www.carid.com/2001-lexus-es-w...ain-dash-kits/

Did you purchase the first kit listed or the B&I kit (the one Lexusk8 seems to have used)? The B&I kit is listed for $126 minimum, so unless you had a coupon code I dunno how you snagged them for $80. I'm not sure what wood to select either (although the one you used looks like the one I'd select). They only offer Coach and Platinum edition ones, or other ones without picture's to verify.
Old 07-25-10, 10:29 PM
PFB
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
I'm looking here,

http://www.carid.com/2001-lexus-es-w...ain-dash-kits/

Did you purchase the first kit listed or the B&I kit (the one Lexusk8 seems to have used)? The B&I kit is listed for $126 minimum, so unless you had a coupon code I dunno how you snagged them for $80. I'm not sure what wood to select either (although the one you used looks like the one I'd select). They only offer Coach and Platinum edition ones, or other ones without picture's to verify.

The kit I bought from CARID is the one listed below. That's what you see in my pictures. I am not familiar with the more expensive B&I kits that they offer. At the time that I placed my order, I don't even remember having the choice of the B&I kits.

Kit Number: LXS-11A-SOEM
(Purchased from CARID)

Hope that helps.

Phil

Last edited by PFB; 07-25-10 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-25-10, 11:08 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Originally Posted by PFB
The kit I bought from CARID is the one listed below. That's what you see in my pictures.

Kit Number: LXS-11A-SOEM
(Purchased from CARID)

Phil
Ah the kit number helps alot, thanks.

The link I posted is to the site you purchased from that lists the two kits available for the 2001 ES. There is the first one (the one your bought) and a second one called "B&I kit" which is $126, which seems to be the one Lexusk8 used. I wasn't sure if that was the one you used because you mentioned it seemed to be the same one as he used. No worries, I'm gonna go with the cheaper one you mentioned.

I've searched around a compared some pictures of the dash you bought, the B&I dash, looked at the colors offered in the platinum and coach editions and I'm not sure which kit is actually the one that will look best in my ES. I'm gonna sleep on it or wait for more posts from other folks, I def don't want to order a kit that doesn't look good or doesn't match my interior.
Old 07-26-10, 05:25 PM
avascon1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same problems as you. I want the real wood kit but the color match isn't worth not knowing to me, so I'm probably going to go for the cheaper one. My question is above the stereo where the real and the aftermarket wood meet is there a difference in the thickness? Thanks
Old 07-26-10, 07:52 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by PFB

Phil
You've never seen a wood grain wheel?
Old 07-26-10, 08:42 PM
avascon1
Rookie

It's like impossible to find one for these cars I want one too
Old 07-27-10, 04:10 PM
zajac
Driver

Wow, that car has more wood that a virgin at the Playboy mansion! I'm trying to get rid of the wood trim and you guys are adding it. Shows us how different person's taste is.

Originally Posted by PFB

Total cost about $80.00.

The company also claims that they can customize dash pieces for a specific need, so anyone looking to have a cover done for their non OEM Radio, maybe they can do it. Have no idea what the cost would be.

Phil