ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

'93 ES300 Body Kits and other mods

Old 07-01-02, 08:42 PM
junsung82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '93 ES300 Body Kits and other mods

What can I do to make my 93 es300 look nicer. Body Kit? Interior extra's? anything? Please help me..
Old 07-02-02, 12:53 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"nice" all depends on what you think it is, and what you make of it. it's all up to you. we're not going to tell you "you have to get so and so" to make it look nice. we might suggest wheels, etc. but we can't tell you exactly what kind to put on. Whatever is great to you should be great with us, but some of us do have our opinions.
Old 07-02-02, 01:08 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I may get some heat from ES owners on this one but....

Honestly...don't waste your money...I owned a '93 (way back in the day!) and there isn't much you can do to the car that looks "nice" IMO. A '97 and up though, AutoCouture makes a GREAT looking kit along with some good looking wheels for it.

I see "fixed" up '92-'96 ES300's more often then I think I should and I can honestly say, not one single of them looked any good. Personally, I would just leave it stock. That's just IMO....if I owned another one, I would just leave it stock...looks perfectly fine stock.

BTW - just FYI but you can pick up a '92+ SC300/SC400 for $8,000-$14,000 now a days (and ES300's seem to have good resale value). The SC is A LOT better of a car to start off with if you want to "fix up" a car...I picked one up for $12,500 with only 64K miles on it and clean as a whistle. Even the paint was perfectly smooth...never repainted, fully serviced at the dealership, owned by a older couple, interior was pristine...it only had a couple of minor scratches and a few small door dings...just a thought...

Last edited by Manaray; 07-02-02 at 01:10 AM.
Old 07-02-02, 02:14 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i have a 93 es i too would just leave it the way it is....my family has one like 10 years ago...its a good car to drive around but it is not a car for looks and it is bad idea to fix it up .. 97+ es3 is much better looking car and will look even better with kit and wheels IMO
Old 07-02-02, 06:30 AM
junsung82
Driver School Candidate

Question

Thanks for the input, but I am stuck with the 93 handed down to me from my mom and I would like it to look a bit more sporty. I have seen a few 92-96 es300's with nice body kits, I just need to know where I can browse for one and possibly buy a kit. Please help me if you can...thanks
Old 07-02-02, 09:03 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Originally posted by junsung82
Thanks for the input, but I am stuck with the 93 handed down to me from my mom and I would like it to look a bit more sporty. I have seen a few 92-96 es300's with nice body kits, I just need to know where I can browse for one and possibly buy a kit. Please help me if you can...thanks
OK, here's where my opinion comes out. Ever been to the mall and seen those stooooopid guys roll around the parking lot in circles showing off their earlier 90's model benz?? Totally unimpressive. The guys clown and the ladies laugh. I see you live in NY. i dunno where in ny you live, but there must be a million cars out there that are "better" than the ES, no matter what. If you keep it clean, you will get some degree of respect. And please don't make it sporty. I have never seen it work. If you want a sporty car, I suggest you save up and buy yourself a civic or something. This is my advice. If you still want to browse through bodykits for the ES, click the sticky thread titled "bodykits"
Old 07-02-02, 09:05 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Originally posted by manaray
I may get some heat from ES owners on this one but....

Honestly...don't waste your money...I owned a '93 (way back in the day!) and there isn't much you can do to the car that looks "nice" IMO. A '97 and up though, AutoCouture makes a GREAT looking kit along with some good looking wheels for it.

I see "fixed" up '92-'96 ES300's more often then I think I should and I can honestly say, not one single of them looked any good. Personally, I would just leave it stock. That's just IMO....if I owned another one, I would just leave it stock...looks perfectly fine stock.

BTW - just FYI but you can pick up a '92+ SC300/SC400 for $8,000-$14,000 now a days (and ES300's seem to have good resale value). The SC is A LOT better of a car to start off with if you want to "fix up" a car...I picked one up for $12,500 with only 64K miles on it and clean as a whistle. Even the paint was perfectly smooth...never repainted, fully serviced at the dealership, owned by a older couple, interior was pristine...it only had a couple of minor scratches and a few small door dings...just a thought...
I think manaray wants to buy me a 2000 SC400. oh i wish.
Old 09-11-13, 07:32 AM
perrysES30
Driver School Candidate

http://www.raceinspired.com/s-64-lexus-es300.aspx‎again i am amazed, this guy is asking a specific question, and only replies he gets is "sell it and buy something different", i too have a 93 es300, and i personally like the look of the car but imho it needs just a pinch of something to "set it apart" i have seen some universal middle splitter options that i am considering to add a bit of depth to the front, i am also doing som e reasearch into what work is involved in making a '97+ front bumper fit, again it is personal prefrence, i am not doing this to please others eyes only mine, remember, what ever you do make it clean and sanatary and any true gearhead will apreciate your efforts.
Old 09-12-13, 12:48 PM
mulasien
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my honest opinion, and I don't mean it to sound blunt, but it is honest:

In my 3+ decades of life, the only people I've seen putting body kits on their cars are kids who are so desperate to make themselves look unique, they look like absolute idiots in the process.

Similarly, I've never seen a body kit that actually looks better than the original car it went on. For that matter, I've never seen a body kit that doesn't look like a clown car that 'wants' to look classy, but is laughed at by every car enthusiast except by fellow clowns who aren't worth trying to impress.

If you go onto any car enthusiast website that is not overrun by dumb children, you will see pics posted of cars with body kits not as a point of admiration, but as something to point and laugh at wondering how the owner of that car actually THINKS that looks remotely nice.

The ES is a classy car in it's own right. It is not intended to look like a race car nor should it. Body kits are for kids trying to look the part and failing miserably. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, try to rise above that level.