ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Question about Connolly hide food

Old 06-16-02, 12:56 PM
jgrooms
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Connolly hide food

I am looking for the best product to bring back the softness to the leather of a 97 ES. I'm considering Connolly Hide Food because I heard it renews the leather.

I was wondering if it is ok to use Connolly on Lexus leather? I'm asking because awhile back I recall seeing a post that claimed Lexus puts a protective coating on their leather. Is there any truth to that? Has anyone used Connolly on their leather? What were the results compared to other products like say, Lexol?

Any comments will be appreciated.
Old 06-16-02, 01:15 PM
blux
Pole Position

I use the meguiars whipes kind. It really just adds a high gloss shine, and some "oilyness" to the leather. I find that it doesnt last very long after you sit on it.... Its not like a renewer...more of just like a keeper uper...I am interested in renewing my leather, like not getting new leather, but like re..I dunno whatever your talking about...

I have used:

Meguiars® Gold Class® Rich Leather Wipes
"Our Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes protect against spills and UV exposure with a combination of our safest and strongest cleaning formula, most luxurious aloe-enriched conditioner and best long-lasting protection formula."

Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner is a luxurious, one-step treatment which safely cleans and protects leather, leaving the surface rich and natural, without changing the look or feel. It is totally pH-balanced and leaves no artifical slickness.

- Out of these 2, I like the leather whipes, because I have the vented "coach" leather, there are little holes...they get hecka plugged up with the cleaner and conditioner, so I stick to the whipes..I find it a lot of work to actually apply the cleaner and conditioner...The whipes are really easy 2 use. Plan on using like 4 for the whole car....

(hope this helps?)

Last edited by blux; 06-16-02 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-17-02, 08:01 AM
bizarreRide
Driver

I use the Armor All Leather Wipes and they work really well to clean and protect the leather.

bR