ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ES300 Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-02, 10:19 PM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its called the Levoc Hybrid Shift Automatic wit OD.
Old 06-11-02, 11:56 PM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: nothin like fake wood...hehe

Originally posted by PacMan8213
all I did was buy that $10 slip on steering wheel grip...
the one that's at discount auto, wal-mart, k-mart...
black grip sections, with fake..i mean, "similuated" wood finish between the grips.

Looks pimp as hell, but one year later, time to get a new one.
Plastic border is starting to crack and fall off.

Hellz yeah...rockin the grunge lex...
luxury car...with discount add-ons!
you drive a LEXUS and you put $10 cheap *** fake wood steering wheel cover in your car?? dude those ***** belong to grandma's buick in ghatto downtown LA.. why don't you get some real stuff.. it is CHEAP!! you can get your leather redone + wood for under $400 bucks!! check it out

http://www.american-stitches.com/ams...es/index2.html
Old 06-12-02, 12:03 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: nothin like fake wood...hehe

Originally posted by splitfire

dude those ***** belong to grandma's buick in ghatto downtown LA..
correction: people in ghetto downtown l.a. dont drive buicks...they take the bus or they live on the streets.
sorry i'm an a** about things
Old 06-12-02, 12:36 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

correction: people in ghetto downtown l.a. dont drive buicks...they take the bus or they live on the streets
i take that you live in downtown LA
Old 06-12-02, 12:47 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Originally posted by splitfire

i take that you live in downtown LA
i did til 2 months ago....rent was $280/month, utilities free, parking $20/month but i paid the price otherwise...car got broken into so many times, bums asking for change every time i left the room, community restroom for the whole apartment. the place was a wreck, my landlord/apt. owner kept asking me if i knew who's been living in the rooms that are supposed to be vacant, rooms next door were used for prostitution/drugs, cops always asking what i'm doing walking in downtown (hello? i live here?), getting robbed, etc etc etc. me and my lex just didn't belong there, but when it was time to move out, i have to admit i was sad to leave. OH, and i forgot that once, i was leaving to go somewhere, and this bum just crawls out of the manhole in the sidewalk....he lived in there!!!! some scary and funny stuff went on there....i tell you, staples center and all that makes downtown l.a. look clean nowadays, but in the 2square miles, there is a lot of improvement needed
Old 06-12-02, 01:41 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

i did til 2 months ago....rent was $280/month, utilities free, parking $20/month but i paid the price otherwise...car got broken into so many times, bums asking for change every time i left the room, community restroom for the whole apartment. the place was a wreck, my landlord/apt. owner kept asking me if i knew who's been living in the rooms that are supposed to be vacant, rooms next door were used for prostitution/drugs, cops always asking what i'm doing walking in downtown (hello? i live here?), getting robbed, etc etc etc. me and my lex just didn't belong there, but when it was time to move out, i have to admit i was sad to leave. OH, and i forgot that once, i was leaving to go somewhere, and this bum just crawls out of the manhole in the sidewalk....he lived in there!!!! some scary and funny stuff went on there....i tell you, staples center and all that makes downtown l.a. look clean nowadays, but in the 2square miles, there is a lot of improvement needed
****!! which part of downtown LA do you use to live?? i use to go down there a lot to visit my friend when i was in college..
Old 06-12-02, 01:53 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

i lived in smack dab downtown. 4th street near central ave. i looked out my window and saw the skyrises every day. you say you visited your friend during college, but most normal people dont actually live in downtown because there are no houses to start off with, they live near it, like around usc. or around sunset, which is much cleaner than inner downtown
Old 06-12-02, 02:13 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

you say you visited your friend during college, but most normal people dont actually live in downtown because there are no houses to start off with, they live near it, like around usc. or around sunset, which is much cleaner than inner downtown

yeah i had few friends use to live in downtown and went to usc... i forgot which street cause it was couple years ago..it was one of those high building..rent was not that cheap back in the days one pay like 1500 for a single room the some other pay like 2100 or 2200 for double room + 2 private parking..

i know this is off topic but where exectly is 4th street???? little tokyo??
Old 06-12-02, 02:23 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

haha..4th st. is an east-west street. it is one way, and traffic moves from west to east. obviously its between 3rd and 5th. 4th street runs a bit north of pershing square, stuff like bunker hill and wells fargo building(one of them) as well as the 1940s subway station, now defunct, are on 4th, a bunch of stores and rescue missions too. a part of 4th just barely touches little tokyo. actually the mitsuwa yaohan plaza is on alameda and 3rd. i guess i can bring this back to the thread topic by saying that they sell really cool shift ***** in yaohan plaza there.
Old 06-12-02, 02:55 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

haha..4th st. is an east-west street. it is one way, and traffic moves from west to east. obviously its between 3rd and 5th. 4th street runs a bit north of pershing square, stuff like bunker hill and wells fargo building(one of them) as well as the 1940s subway station, now defunct, are on 4th, a bunch of stores and rescue missions too. a part of 4th just barely touches little tokyo.
interesting...never been to that part of town i guess i got to go visit some day...

actually the mitsuwa yaohan plaza is on alameda and 3rd. i guess i can bring this back to the thread topic by saying that they sell really cool shift ***** in yaohan plaza there.
my friend own a business in that mitsuwa plaza so i go visit quite often.. not sure about shift **** but i been inside the 2 store on second floor i see they sell lots of POS overprice ugly rice crap that i wouldn't want it even they give it out for FREE!!
Old 06-12-02, 09:20 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

which business is owned by your friend?
Old 06-12-02, 09:56 AM
PacMan8213
Driver School Candidate

Post Levoc Shifter

Okay, so back to that Levoc shifter on the bottom of page 1 that I've been obsessing (sp?) over...

So far I've gone to these sites:

Race Search

BBT MotorSports

The first site shows some Levoc ones, but not that one. And the last one has the shifter but it's not in wood and chrome either...and it doesn't give you a part number or way to buy it.

I want that shifter! Only thing I'm worried about is that it doesn't look like it goes all the way down...and the lexus one is wrapped leather all the way down. I haven't taken anything apart yet, but I don't know if I'm even gonna have some type of rod or stick to put the new shifter on...aaaany suggestions?

oh yeah, and a website for the shifter! hehe
u guys rock
Old 06-12-02, 01:14 PM
LexFather

I have a MOMO wood shift **** in my ES manual. Matches the factory wood perfect. THey make it for the automatic also. I posted pics here, not sure where the thread is.
Old 06-12-02, 04:53 PM
PacMan8213
Driver School Candidate

Question Is this the momo one?

This is the only long shifter I found from Momo...
It looks cool, but I defineatly want something with at least a little chrome in it....

is this one yours?
Attached Thumbnails ES300 Shifter-momowoodshifter.jpg  
Old 06-12-02, 05:53 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

The inside of all es's Ive seen have no chrome highlights inside the car. I understand the outside emblems or wheels might be. I think of it, just like I think of the rides with spraypainted raver ****** highlights. Like yellow ac vents or whatever. Ive seen all kinda crap come through the shop. I kinda want to replace my interior with crushed velvet or something but I couldnt leave the dash the way it is so I gave it up because it looked like ****. Probably would have sucked anyway. Its meant to be leather. I kinda want to upgrade to better leather.

Quick Reply: ES300 Shifter