ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ES300s participating in motorsports thread.

Old 11-17-09, 07:55 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ES300s participating in motorsports thread.

Well, I know our cars weren't built for the track, but occasionally some of us like to have fun with what we've got you know? I know this may be extremely rare and hard to find, but I'd like to see if anyone else has pictures of their/someones es doing some sort of motorsport. I'm into autocrossing, so I have been setting my car up for it(coilovers, lightweight racing wheels, nice tires, strut tower brace, more to come) and I feel special when I bring an es to events I am going to one this weekend, but I will start by posting pictures of my es from the first autox i went to.

these were from when all I had were the wheels.

like i said.. I know it's hard to find.. but lets try to put something together here.
Old 11-17-09, 07:58 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check out the body roll......
do you have any suspension work done on the vehicle? that may help with the floating boat effect?
+1 for something different
Charley
Old 11-17-09, 08:04 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by charley240
check out the body roll......
do you have any suspension work done on the vehicle? that may help with the floating boat effect?
+1 for something different
Charley
yep yep those pictures were from before i got my jic magic coilovers. I'm getting a rear sway bar soon as well.
Old 11-17-09, 10:19 PM
cyco
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice.. Have I seen these pictures before? I know there was another autoX thread here a while back, with the same comments too. I might just be crazy lol, you guys are lucky to have tracks! our SCCA is in a parking lot that dosen't get taken care of
Old 11-17-09, 11:04 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cyco
Nice.. Have I seen these pictures before? I know there was another autoX thread here a while back, with the same comments too. I might just be crazy lol, you guys are lucky to have tracks! our SCCA is in a parking lot that dosen't get taken care of
no your not, i think this is a repost?
Old 11-18-09, 01:26 AM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Well, Camry with ES300 front end. Same damn car anyway. :-P

Only pics from the dragstrip on Sunday are on a website where I can;t hotlink, so all I have are ones from Canada 3 weeks ago in an oval.

Old 11-18-09, 11:53 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kaldES98
yep yep those pictures were from before i got my jic magic coilovers. I'm getting a rear sway bar soon as well.
What kind of sway bar are you getting and from where? I'm trying to get a TRD sway bar, but they're discontinued and Toyota dealerships cant get them anymore. Other wise its Whiteline or a used TRD. Thanks for any info bro.
Old 11-19-09, 07:08 AM
Limen
Pole Position

Wow, I couldnt imagin taking the ES to an autox even. How did you stack up with all the other cars there? I've taken my M coupe and very rarely my S4 to autox events, but I've never even thought about taking the ES...
Old 11-19-09, 08:45 AM
zppeacock
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also where did you find your strut bar?
Old 11-19-09, 05:39 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zppeacock
also where did you find your strut bar?
my strut tower brace is the stock one from solara. went to toyota dealership and ordered it.

Lets just say my car was the worst candidate for an autocross there.. so the times were terrible. I will be going to another one at the same track this sunday and this time i have better tires and coilovers so we will see how things improve. I want to be unique and make this my autocrossing car.. I feel that it handles much better now that i modded it some more. I will continue to work on it.. should have more pics from this weekend coming up
Old 11-20-09, 01:13 AM
LexFather

Wow, very surprising!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-20-09, 11:11 AM
Limen
Pole Position

Kinda makes me want to take the Lexus to the autox track and see how it stacks up. I think i'm going to shop around for some sway bars now...
Old 11-20-09, 09:59 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Limen
Kinda makes me want to take the Lexus to the autox track and see how it stacks up. I think i'm going to shop around for some sway bars now...
I was hoping some would join me haha. Now that I've got the suspension modified I feel that it will be a completely different experience!!
Old 11-20-09, 10:23 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by kaldES98
I was hoping some would join me haha. Now that I've got the suspension modified I feel that it will be a completely different experience!!
Where in GA are you? We just had a big meet a couple weeks ago, nearly 40 cars!!
Old 11-21-09, 08:05 AM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Where in GA are you? We just had a big meet a couple weeks ago, nearly 40 cars!!
I'm in johns creek. Where was the meet?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ES300s participating in motorsports thread.