ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

94 es300 cranks, doesn't fire. Weak spark, intermittent injector pulse

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-09, 01:50 PM
vnix17
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 94 es300 cranks, doesn't fire. Weak spark, intermittent injector pulse

I've been having a hell of a time with this es300. I got it in the beginning of march 2009, and since then have had to have the water pump and timing belt and gasket replaced, and then recently, I ran out of gas on the highway and the fuel pump went.

The day the fuel pump before i ran out of gas i had a situation with the car just starting in general. I let it sit for a few minutes then it started. Later I ran out of gas, someone came and hooked me up, it started and I went home. Then a few days later I went out to try to go somewhere and the car just wouldnt start.

I went to a junkyard and pulled a fuel pump, bought a new fuel filter and put all that in. I know the pump works because I can hear it when i put the car into the on position.

Basically, the car cranks, but will not fire at this point. We checked the fuel pressure, its great, then we checked the spark plugs, that doesnt appear to be the problem either. The injector pulse was intermittent, and the spark we got from the plugs are weak.

We are basically at a loss trying to figure out what next to check. We were thinking crankshaft position sensor or the ecm could be bad. We tried to manually get the check engine codes (however at no point before it died did a check engine light come on) and it didnt even blink or anything.

Does ANYONE know what we can do before we go out buying random parts to replace and what possible diagnostics we could run? Or is there something we aren't thinking of?

Note, I also put a new battery in it about a week or two ago. Any advice would grant you title as hero of the day.