ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

95 ES300 Temp and ABS and Other Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 11:12 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 ES300 Temp and ABS and Other Issues

Hey,

I've been having issues with my 95 Lexus ES300 and been slowly but surely narrowing them down. But it seems like new ones arise as soon as i get rid of the old ones. From what I know currently I have only these few Issues left.

Temperature Gauge Issue: I Do not believe my car is overheating it's just my temp gauge seems to be acting crazy... After a while it shoots all the way to Hot but look away or just stare for a little bit it drops half way down between the middle and Hot. It just seems to go up and down like a roller coaster. I don't know why it's doing it. The last things I've done to the car right before that issue started to occur was i put in HID lights, and I was messing around with trying to replace the battery cables and terminals for them. I think maybe I applied too much pressure on that hose that goes from the coolant - engine to the radiator in the front. I had the headlight resting on it as i applied pressure to put in the HID Lights. But i don't think i applied that much hose looks fine and in tact. But yea I am not sure why that is happening.

ABS Light: I've had the ABS lights ever since I added the bulb for it in the cluster. I think the previous owner removed it because it was an eyesore or to pass inspection. My fuses are fine so I don't think that is the issue. I thought it was my brakes and rotors because I hear a rattling sound when i drive coming from the tire area. I replaced all 4 of my rotors and brakes because they needed to be replaced they were un even. I still get that rattling sound. The mechanic told me it might be that i need new pads within the drums because supposedly my rear wheels are rotors and drums. I don't know do you think that would stop the rattling from occurring and the ABS light issue from happening?

Air Bag light: I also get the air bag light when i put in a bulb for that too lol I'm surprised i didn't have a check engine light but that's good though. I don't know how to resolve it, I hear that i have to take it to a Lexus dealer to get that resolved. Would there be any other way?

Window Washer: I can't get the window washer to spray out liquid, i have no way to spray the tubing in the nozzle well maybe i could unscrew the nozzle i don't know. but it's probably the pump.

I guess that's my main issues currently and hopefully the last ones that i need to resolve. I also need to get an O ring because the power steering pump to rack and pinion O ring is threaded or something of that sort and it keeps leaking. Could i possibly find one from autozone or just buy a general set with a variety and it would most likely have the right one?

Any help would be much appreciated. thank you for your time.
Old 07-15-09, 02:43 PM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

anyone know if there's a place to purchase O rings from that would fit on the rack and pinion to the power steering? because i need a new O ring or i'll just keep getting the leaks.
Old 07-16-09, 11:55 PM
DJ XO
Pole Position

BUMP.. Mine "Overheated" on my way home from work lastnight. Same sporadic temp gauge
Old 07-19-09, 12:29 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

man i just got home from a long day of driving. by the time i parked steam started coming from under the hood... when i took a look. the coolant reservoir top had popped off and had sprayed most of the coolant all over the engine and what not. letting it cool off now and will check it in the morning.

but yea i hope nothing serious aside from whatever the temp gauge issue was i don't want there to be a leak or something.

are you supposed to change the coolant for winter/summer use? some people say yea some people say no, i don't know what to do really. but any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-19-09, 09:33 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

well i just checked it seems to have burned off excess coolant in the reservoir now it's actually at the full line. i just took a quick stroll around the block... it's overheating shoots to hot after a bit and you can see steam coming out of the coolant reservoir.
Old 07-19-09, 01:48 PM
GEORGE_JET
Lead Lap

Take it to a mechanic and have him pressure test the cooling system. It sounds like you have a blown headgasket.
Old 07-21-09, 06:57 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

this is what someone told me in another forum for people who might need this info.

"Your overheating issue could be a failed thermostat that needs replacing. At least that where you should start first when solving your overheating issue. Other causes are a clogged radiator, collapsed rad hose, failed water pump, or blown head gasket. You need to get to the bottom of this one before you have to replace the engine or the heads.

The ABS light could be a corroded connector at a wheel speed sensor, or a bad speed sensor at one of your wheels. I believe a service tech can pull the ABS codes to diagnose just where the problem is and give you an estimate to fix it.

The air bag light needs a service tech's diagnosis. The air bag can't save your life if it won't fire when needed.

There's no need to change coolant between seasons, but there is the necessity to change it and flush the system every 4 years or so. Have it tested to see if it requires changing, and to see how much protection its giving your engine.

Three things usually cause the windshield washer failure. A clogged nozzle( clean it out), a corroded connector at the washer pump( pull connector and clean it), or a failed washer pump( change it). Good Luck!"