ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Review: Iggee Seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-08, 10:38 PM
fiddy yen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Review: Iggee Seat covers

What are they Custom made seat covers to cover up ghetto torn leather seats common on older cars (like the 2nd gen).

How much they cost: $300 shipped to Canada, and $195US +shipping

Material: Synthetic Leather

Installation 1/5 - 5 being the hardest

Tools needed Philips screw driver, Scissors

I got these because being a full time student, I couldn't afford the nicer, more expensive replacement seating surfaces. Also I plan on selling the car in the near future.

I picked these up on ebay, but they have a site http://www.iggee.com/ where you can buy these at. The seats are tailored to your vehicle and the company has very good customer service. I emailed them prior to buying for a sample to see if it would match my interior and they had no problems what so ever. Items were shipped right away and they even included seat belt shoulder pads l(which i wont use). The box came with the seat covers, instructions, hooks and the nice gift.

Installation - easy
Its very straight forward. The only thing is I recommend taking off the black plastic seat motor cover in the front of the seat for access and possibly the rear panel on each seat. I didn't use the hooks supplied for two reasons: I didn't find good places to use them and I found other places that i tied the straps to. You'll need to make sure you tie things down tightly and bring scissors to cut the holes at the top for the head rests.

quality
In terms of fit, I am overall satisfied for the amount that I paid for. There are still some parts of my seat that are loose but it contours nicely otherwise. The pattern of the seats are quite similar to OEM, and a normal person probably wouldn't notice the difference if they don't try to look for differences. The synthetic leather is harder, but they are padded, so comfortable. Again, its what you can expect for the price I paid.
My biggest beef with them, is that the holes are pre cut for the head rests, and the hole cut for the power seat switches are awkwardly shaped.

Conclusion
Best way I can describe it: you get what you pay for. The company was great to deal with and the new seat covers are MUCH better than cloth seat covers i had previously to cover my rips. The leather isn't super rich, however it could fool an uneducated person easily. I personally recommend using the CL vendor leatherseats.com however if money does not grow on trees for you and you just want a clean, cheaper solution to your old worn seats, I would recommend.

I will post pics later on... but I hope this answer the posts on seat covers that I've previously seen.

Edit: I forgot to mention, they also included the armrest cover on the centre console and head rest covers... both I didn't use. The material is very close in color and pattern for me to get away with not using it.

Last edited by fiddy yen; 11-23-08 at 10:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Pburkes (12-26-20)
Old 11-23-08, 11:10 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

post some pics. i wanna see the outcome.
Charley
Pburkes (12-26-20)
Old 12-12-08, 07:20 AM
leeslove4
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up IGGEE Seat Covers

Originally Posted by fiddy yen
What are they Custom made seat covers to cover up ghetto torn leather seats common on older cars (like the 2nd gen).

How much they cost: $300 shipped to Canada, and $195US +shipping

Material: Synthetic Leather

Installation 1/5 - 5 being the hardest

Tools needed Philips screw driver, Scissors

I got these because being a full time student, I couldn't afford the nicer, more expensive replacement seating surfaces. Also I plan on selling the car in the near future.

I picked these up on ebay, but they have a site http://www.iggee.com/ where you can buy these at. The seats are tailored to your vehicle and the company has very good customer service. I emailed them prior to buying for a sample to see if it would match my interior and they had no problems what so ever. Items were shipped right away and they even included seat belt shoulder pads l(which i wont use). The box came with the seat covers, instructions, hooks and the nice gift.

Installation - easy
Its very straight forward. The only thing is I recommend taking off the black plastic seat motor cover in the front of the seat for access and possibly the rear panel on each seat. I didn't use the hooks supplied for two reasons: I didn't find good places to use them and I found other places that i tied the straps to. You'll need to make sure you tie things down tightly and bring scissors to cut the holes at the top for the head rests.

quality
In terms of fit, I am overall satisfied for the amount that I paid for. There are still some parts of my seat that are loose but it contours nicely otherwise. The pattern of the seats are quite similar to OEM, and a normal person probably wouldn't notice the difference if they don't try to look for differences. The synthetic leather is harder, but they are padded, so comfortable. Again, its what you can expect for the price I paid.
My biggest beef with them, is that the holes are pre cut for the head rests, and the hole cut for the power seat switches are awkwardly shaped.

Conclusion
Best way I can describe it: you get what you pay for. The company was great to deal with and the new seat covers are MUCH better than cloth seat covers i had previously to cover my rips. The leather isn't super rich, however it could fool an uneducated person easily. I personally recommend using the CL vendor leatherseats.com however if money does not grow on trees for you and you just want a clean, cheaper solution to your old worn seats, I would recommend.

I will post pics later on... but I hope this answer the posts on seat covers that I've previously seen.

Edit: I forgot to mention, they also included the armrest cover on the centre console and head rest covers... both I didn't use. The material is very close in color and pattern for me to get away with not using it.
OMG!! I thought I was the only one who'd discovered this treasure!! MY 1993 ES300 SEATS ARE GORGEOUS!!! People who've seen the before and after are like, "Wow, you bought new seats?!" They actually have no idea that the seat is covered.

Me and my 15 and 13 year old teens did it ourselves. Hubby didn't have to assist at all. Front seats installed without even removing them, and removing the rear seat was a breeze (just two screws). There's even a YouTube instructional video!

My only complaints are: My head rests covers don't cover the bottom completely. This is the only indication that my seats are covered.

AND...

I haven't found the right cleaner to clean and shine them to my satisfaction. IGGEE says that any leather cleaner will do, but I haven't found one that works for me so far.

Everyone with a dent, scratch, hole, or pucker in their Lexus seats should contact these people (I could do a commercial)!! They offer solid colors and two tones. I paid $179 for my two fronts, and $179 for the rear. I even got the cute little console cover.
Pburkes (12-26-20)
Old 12-12-08, 11:47 AM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any pics from either of the people who bought this product? I was considering this before in the past...
Old 12-12-08, 01:50 PM
fiddy yen
Rookie

sorry just going through finals right now, I'll post pics right after.
Old 12-12-08, 11:04 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

You could get an ebay replacement for $300 and replace the covers 100% to factory specs (no loose parts) if you do it yourself and save on labor.

Last edited by tuan92129; 12-12-08 at 11:09 PM.
Pburkes (12-26-20)