ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Top 5 ClubLexus ESs

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-08, 09:10 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Top 5 ClubLexus ESs

I was reading through the SC section and read a post that OneHot did for the top 8 ClubLexus SCs https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=322968 and it seemed like a really great post and a great ideal and I wanted to try to follow suit with a Top 5 ES post. As I start to near the end I would really like to see an ES that would have me drooling over it.

We've had alot of OG ES owners move on and for some of us who's been holding it down for the ES's for a while sometimes we need a little motivation to wanna go on and do it up. As well I think this would be a good opportunity to show some of the newer people how good a ES/Windom can look when its tastefully done right. I feel there's a fine line between a car that is put together for a purpose and a car that is built with a vision in mind.

***My list is not in any specific order, however, you can rate yours from 1-5 if you'd like..***

**Rate rides based on what you think has the best fit and finish, quality, presentation, and overall look. Post a picture and give a short description of why you think this car is deserves to be one of the top 5 here on CL***

***CL members cars from past or present please...Please keep thread clean..This is an opinion based thread, you may agree or disagree...***

GATO
My biggest inspiration to go mono and a true example of a very clean and sexy ES.

Juan01
One of the hottest 2nd gen ESs I've ever seen. Unfortunately not alot of pics of when it was at its absolute peak of hotness.

HoeBag
Couldnt find too many pictures of this mean machine. Definitely a pioneer in modding the ES. I believe HoeBag is still one of the only ES owners to run a 19x9.5 wheel in the rear. I'm jealous. I should have went wider.

Old 07-09-08, 09:11 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Vin78
The Audio in this car was insane and his ride was a full of JDM parts. lol.

Charley240
Last but not least Charley. He definitely deserves to be up there with the best. Only word that you can use to describe his car is "DIZZAM!!!!"
Old 07-09-08, 10:45 PM
calichris
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

smitty i think ur es deserves to be on that list, but very nice list
Old 07-10-08, 01:27 AM
heorung
Driver

Smitty.. this could be the start of something beautiful.

All ES are nice when modified.. how nice .. depends on the eye of the beholder... but certainly all ES give us some spark of inspiration ... or some sort of itch to fiddle.

My thump up would be for Charley's ES ... The ride look so mean being that low. Gato's ride is unbelievable .. but i feel it a bit tame.. not aggresive looking enough. One thing though... all eyelids on the ES make it sooo soo nice.

Here's mine version of the inspirational ES & their owners.

Charley240 - Slam King.
Smitty - Coilover installation expert.
SLowww - Suspension guru / grandmaster researcher.
Luxucan - Magician (Cluster / needle overhaul)
Tuan92129 - Artist (His works in retrimming the seats - GOD DAMN)

PS - by the way ... how do u get the picture to show up within the thread... it so nice to see the car after u read.. I only know how to post to link in there... it is so annoying to click on the link to look at the pictures.
Can you please show me how ?
Old 07-10-08, 04:30 AM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

I think thats a great list, but I think it should be for current members. Unless you name it top 5 ES of All Time.

PS: Smitty you know yours belongs on that list
Old 07-10-08, 06:53 AM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

I agree with the others, you betta represent Smitty and put your car on the list. I love the way your car looks.

I also love Charley's car...his car is so sexy. Any girl would wanna throw on a bikini and stand next to it...lol.

I think the list should be expanded to top 8 as well.
Old 07-10-08, 09:48 AM
vassey50
Pole Position

...Smitty, I'll agree with the other members, your ES should be right there, don't be afraid to toot your own horn too Vin's car has caught my eye for the longest time, and his JDM parts [drooling]...man! Nice list.

V
Old 07-10-08, 10:23 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Thanks guys. Glad you're enjoying the post. I didnt put my car in there because these are the top 5 on my list not including my car. We definitely could expand the list. I really would like the see what other people think as well so please post it up.

-Smitty
Old 07-10-08, 01:19 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx941
I think thats a great list, but I think it should be for current members. Unless you name it top 5 ES of All Time.

PS: Smitty you know yours belongs on that list
:Agree: With everyone on this one and we should make this the top 5 es's of all time since we've lost many of these guys. Smitty my BFF you need to put yourself right up there with gato its almost like they are twins I have to ask where did you find all of these nice pics. Oh and as far as my vote its for vin78 for his jdmnesssss and all his custom a/v.
Old 07-10-08, 02:08 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe all us members can post some pics of our cars, and start a poll so we all can vote on or something.
Old 07-10-08, 03:06 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ummm....no ES gen 4 at all ?
Old 07-10-08, 04:34 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx941
Maybe all us members can post some pics of our cars, and start a poll so we all can vote on or something.
Yea I suppose I could shine her up and show everyone what she looks like with the drop settled Sounds like a cool idea tho

Originally Posted by masboy
ummm....no ES gen 4 at all ?
Post em up then.
Old 07-10-08, 09:00 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Choas
Post em up then.

I actually would like to see some pics of gen 4 in top 10 ES in CL. Gen 4 seems so hard to get a sporty / mean look. I didn't see many people do mods on gen 4 ES.
Old 07-10-08, 10:07 PM
RawGin
Driver

hey smitty your whip and charleys whip is what really pushed me to mod my ES... keep up the excellent work
Old 07-11-08, 07:39 AM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by masboy
I actually would like to see some pics of gen 4 in top 10 ES in CL. Gen 4 seems so hard to get a sporty / mean look. I didn't see many people do mods on gen 4 ES.
I am working on it, but I'm not getting a lot of luck either. I'm having a hard time finding the right look for my car. I get a lot of different opinions and somethings are hard to visualize. So far I have only cleared out the bumper lights, shaved off my trunk, put black emblems and tint my windows. The next thing I am working on is lowering the car on my stock 17s. I am having a hard time finding the right springs. Plus I'm a girl, so this whole car modding this is completely new to me.

Quick Reply: Top 5 ClubLexus ESs