ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1992 Es300 Dead!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-08, 01:53 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1992 Es300 Dead!!!

Some of you may remember me however the new peeps may not. I have been a member of ClubLexus since back in the day when it was just growing into what it is today! A freekin' awesome club. I loved my 1992 ES300, I got her slightly used when I was 16 and rocked her until 2005. I was hit by a drunk driver and the car was absolutely totaled. I walked away was so pissed off that I refused to get another car. I was still morning her loss. I rocked a brand new street bike I picked up after the accident until now. I picked up a classic 1990 LS400 1st gen LS400 and L_Sport is back people! Thanks to everyone who has kept the ES300 area strong and even though I am rockin' an LS I will still make my presence know here on the ES3 forums!!!

Good to be back!

L-Sport AKA ALIAS400

RIP ES300 1992-2005
Old 05-29-08, 02:00 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Nice to have you back. Glad you're not going to be an ES-stranger, even though you're gonna be learning all you can over there in the LS room.

I pretty much split my time between the ES, SC and Southwest rooms myself.
Give us some pics of that new ride too.
Old 05-29-08, 02:06 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice ride...i my self live in the forums. I usually visit a few times a day.

hey slooooooooow, how can I become a moderator?

Edit:

Oh yeah, welcome back!
Old 05-29-08, 02:30 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slooooooow

I pretty much split my time between the ES, SC and Southwest rooms myself.
Give us some pics of that new ride too.
as requested, here is my new ride, classic 1990 LS400 Lexus Flagship that started it all sold in 1989! Lexus raised the bar and continues to!

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? YOU KNOW ME ALREADY MODING!

Last edited by L_Sport; 05-29-08 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-29-08, 05:09 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by kphu
hey slooooooooow, how can I become a moderator?
I can't speak to ALL the qualifiers for this board, but my general board experiences have shown it's about:
  • Familiarity with the forum's culture and standards (tenure and familiarity should be proportional, but it's not a sure thing)
  • Quality post presence (not sheer post quantity)
  • Quality interaction with the forum members (online and real-time)
  • Recommendations from existing mods is a plus too
It's definitely not fun and games. Knowledge of what's going on inside the clock can sure make watching the time less entertaining.

Originally Posted by L_Sport
as requested, here is my new ride, classic 1990 LS400 Lexus Flagship that started it all sold in 1989! Lexus raised the bar and continues to!

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? YOU KNOW ME ALREADY MODING!
You've taken the LS from stock to hawt. I really like the look. If you don't mind, can you break it down a little-what you've done to 'er inside and out? How was the ownership history? Your mods make me want one to match my ES. And how's the 1st gen motor?
Old 05-29-08, 06:22 PM
swifty562
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome back man!

man you rock'n that LS400 real good!!!

thats one of the cleanest LS400 i've seen. from stock to amazing!

it looks JDM ! i expecially like your tail lights =0
Old 05-29-08, 06:32 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Slooooooow, first and foremost, thanks for the positive feed back! The car was purchased by my dad in late 1989 new when Lexus first came out but it's a 1990 and he rocked it until about 2006, he then car covered it and parked it in his garage. He upgraded to a LX SUV and just let the LS sit. Once he saw how hard I took the loss of my gold ES3 he offered it to me as long as I would keep her stock and take care of her! HAHAHA I take care of her, but stock? What does that mean again? Oh my upgraded parts are in stock? LOL anyway I love her, she is no ES3 as far as handling but the v8 is a strong reliable beast. I am very impressed with the 1st gen LS and have said it so many times, LEXUS was ahead of their time with this freekin' car. Big and classy but definitely a cruiser not a corner bender. Of course that can be changed and will be soon with suspension mods.

So far in about 6 months...

Custom 1 color paint (lexus pearl diamond white)
Strut Tower Bar
Custom Short Ram intake (plexy and aluminum cold air box in production)
18" x 8.5" 5/114.3 offset 38 with 255/35/R18 tires on the way for the rear
35% tint on front pass and driv, limo tint on rear passenger and rear window
Custom HID retro fit headlights

Mods to come
Tanabe 1.8/1.3 suspension drop, tokico shocks and struts
Custom catback dual exhaust with x pipe
Wings West decklid spoiler painted to match
Custom VIP style eyelids

Thats about it for now, later I will mess with the stereo

Last edited by L_Sport; 05-30-08 at 08:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (08-22-22)
Old 05-30-08, 05:49 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

L_Sport

The transformation is superb. I'm not into the black rims but for some reason on this car it works really well. I can't believe you've done that much to it in only 6 months.

Looking forward to more mods...she's a beauty!

Ken
Old 05-30-08, 08:33 AM
philES300
Driver School Candidate

Wow, the car does not look like it was built in 1989. And I don't just mean the condition, I mean the cars design etc.... ahead of their time is right.

Your dad must have been loving that car new back then.
Old 05-30-08, 12:23 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by philES300
Wow, the car does not look like it was built in 1989. And I don't just mean the condition, I mean the cars design etc.... ahead of their time is right.

Your dad must have been loving that car new back then.
Yeah he loved it, but had to many vehicles and it was the oldest one he had so he parked it! Like I said when he saw how broken up I was about the ES300 being totaled by that drunk driver he offered the LS to me and the rest is history. I think she feels like she has a second life with me! I definitely want to set her apart from all the other LS's around in my town. I just got off the phone with FastLane Autosports and my wings west spoiler will be in Wed of next week! here is a pic of the product! It's getting painted to match!

Old 05-30-08, 12:45 PM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

in your opinion, how would you compare the stock 2-ES to the stock 1-LS?
Old 05-30-08, 02:34 PM
BadViper22
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, you had such a beautiful ES! Although I've been staring at your LS for some time now (So much lust for that baby). You clearly have a high-class taste for your cars. Keep up all the amazing work, and if you wanna provide more pictures of your ES for us, I'm sure no one would mind.
Old 05-30-08, 03:30 PM
philES300
Driver School Candidate

It seems that lexus cars are born to be beautiful ,classy cars that command attention without having to scream "look at me, i'm expensive"
Old 05-30-08, 03:44 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

llcoolpass, I will get back to you on the review of my 2nd Gen ES and 1st Gen LS, they are very different cars and I need time to put together a review as you have requested. I will do that tonight.

As for lexus style? Infinity was copying them for ages and nissan with their altima (poor mans GS) even Hundia has blatantly ripped off Lexus styling. Lexus is doing something right, they have raised the bar since their introduction in the states in 1989 and will continue to provide us with timeless and classy understated style with quality and durability that will never be rivaled. My 1st Gen'r LS has 247,288 miles and runs better then most 2000+ cars I have seen out there and it has not need any major work! It's a bullet proof car in my book. I took my ES3 to 190,000 before my total loss accident.
Old 05-31-08, 03:16 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

As Requested here are pics of my 1992 ES300 before the accident where she was totaled by a drunk driver. Man I miss her! Don't drink and drive you all! At least I walked away. The drink driver fled the seen on foot and was never found. He had a gun on the passenger seat and empty beer bottles on the floor boards of a beat up 1997 Jetta. I mis my ES so much! She was my first car I got her lightly used in 1995 when I was 15 and kept her immaculate until the accident in 05.

1992 - 1/27/2005 RIP

Notice the clear tail light blinker amber glass removal (Euro Look)

Sittin' Clean!

So sexy from the back! Can't really see her pipe work in this one (Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow and to much custom work to list)

18x8 MKW Chromes laced in 225/40/R18 BFG's

Custom bumper mounted blinkers

Before Amber glass blinker removal, but notice the running lights

After Amber glass removal, damn the ES has some sexy headlights!!!

Custom intake work (Forced Air)

4" aluminum Cold air scoop pipe, she is so HOT ya gotta keep her cool!

Chromed out!

Quick Reply: 1992 Es300 Dead!!!