ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Do you Pimp your auto?

Old 11-22-07, 07:24 AM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you Pimp your auto?

Do you guys pimp the fact that you drive an ES? Even though many count it as low man on the totem pole family of Lexus's, do you still flaunt it? Do you lay your keys out on the table at a restaurant so the server or anyone walking by can see that you drive a better than average luxury car? Do you fakely check out your car to see if anything is wrong, even though you know there isn't, when you know people will see you doing this, just to let them know that it is your ride, and you are damn proud of it?

Well, let's hear some opinions.
Old 11-22-07, 08:55 AM
BadViper22
Lexus Test Driver

****** yea I do. I dont have to be egotistical to know that my car is better than everyone elses. Aw hell, sure my friends in their 2003+ coupes could beat me in racing, who cares? My car is almost 15 years old and it still looks damn better than theirs! Doesn't matter if it's an ES, It's a Lexus, and in my opinion the ES(2nd gen) has one of the meanest front ends i've ever seen on a car. So when people ask what you drive, tell em you drive an ES and say it with some *****. These sedans aren't to be messed with, they have the best of all words; Class, sport, efficiency, affordability, and Sex Appeal. Try shoving all that in any POS wanna-be crapmobile that tries to outshow an ES.

PS, If you find yourself talking to someone that says "why would you modify an ES?" Just slap them across the face.

PPS, Lexus = Value retention, gotta love it.
Old 11-22-07, 09:46 AM
es300_2524
Driver School Candidate

YUPP, i love flauntin da lex. i had a tight chevy 1500 with 20" n a AMAZING system n i still flaunt my lexus more then i did my truck. Badper22 i totally agree with u about the front end.
Old 11-22-07, 10:12 AM
esucaris1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LXMN
Do you guys pimp the fact that you drive an ES? Even though many count it as low man on the totem pole family of Lexus's, do you still flaunt it? Do you lay your keys out on the table at a restaurant so the server or anyone walking by can see that you drive a better than average luxury car? Do you fakely check out your car to see if anything is wrong, even though you know there isn't, when you know people will see you doing this, just to let them know that it is your ride, and you are damn proud of it?

Well, let's hear some opinions.
Let me think a minute.... Ok you got me on the keys thing I admit it
Old 11-22-07, 10:31 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

im the one who holds my moms car keys, so i do it, and checking the car, well i just do it cause my mom doesn't park very well, lol, and when they ask, i say we drive a lexus ,not an es, and even if we are the low man on the totem pole family of Lexus's, we have an lx to, which i guess you could call the top of the totem pole? lol
Old 11-22-07, 03:26 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

No. Don't do it.. its too ricey once you do.
Only Luxury mods...or mods that upgrade a car.
Old 11-22-07, 03:47 PM
powerwave
Lead Lap

understatement demonstrates confidence IMO... let the car speak for itself. a well taken care of es says more than you think all on its own.

i don't say much about my car but others seem to bring it up all the time. the thing is almost 3 years old and people are still jealous of my "new" car and how nice it looks. if you flaunt it, you let people know you want the attention. don't flaunt and people think you don't give a #$%^ what they think. me, i'd prefer the latter
Old 11-22-07, 06:41 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow, you think too much. well, i pimp my car, when driving.
Old 11-22-07, 07:37 PM
Instructor

Yea, to other people who has stock ES's. They always look at my lights and wondered why it's cleaner than theirs (meguires plast X does the job, ha ha ha)... They wonder why I also have HID (platinum series owners), And my car sounds like a V8 muscle (american car owners)... actually it's an exhaust manifold leak . Also I use my remote key to open the door, and people say "how do you do that? Where's your alarm key chain?"
Old 11-22-07, 08:44 PM
TORTOISE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 3000
Yea, to other people who has stock ES's. They always look at my lights and wondered why it's cleaner than theirs (meguires plast X does the job, ha ha ha)... They wonder why I also have HID (platinum series owners), And my car sounds like a V8 muscle (american car owners)... actually it's an exhaust manifold leak . Also I use my remote key to open the door, and people say "how do you do that? Where's your alarm key chain?"
How did you get that to work?
Old 11-22-07, 11:30 PM
Instructor

How did I get what to work? Unless you mean "open the door" I meant to say, unlock the door.
Old 11-23-07, 06:19 AM
Limen
Pole Position

I honstley get almost the same amount of complements on my ES300 as I do my G35 Coupe. They are both "pimped" But I don't leave my keys out for people to see. But like one dude said, I don't talk about my cars to other people, I just sit quitely while they talk about theirs, and as soon as they see my two cars they blow up. Its kinda funny...
Old 11-23-07, 05:01 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah its nice getting compliments for a 10yr old car all the time
I probably only check my car sometimes cuzz you never know.
Im damn proud of my ES, just like you enthusiasts here
Even though the ES ain't the top of line the mods make them look more unique.
Maybe thats me. Being this is my first Lex I plan on holdin it down for a few years. But I've said that about every other car I've owned.
CL and the ES been good to me so no complaints.
Old 11-23-07, 08:08 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You got me keys on the table and all
Old 11-24-07, 06:13 AM
LexusDaisy
Rookie

Default Only at the grocery stores

I keep my Kroger and Food Lion discount barcode swipers on my keys, and often get a look when the kid sees the Lexus logo on the key.

I like the way the ES looks, but generally feel I am driving a glorified Camry (which it is) since it is so similar to my wife's Camry.... nothing real special, just a great car like the Camry.

PS... note the popularity and reliability and good re-sale of any Camry based ride: Camry, ES, Avalon, and the RX/Highlander... ALL based on the excellent Camry platform. Glad I have two of them.

Also, I read here somewhere that the origional Camry design came from the first ES design... that the ES was Toyota's best effort to build the perfect mid-size front drive car, and that the Camry was a dumbed down version.
This may be true since history shows that Toyota really got it right in both cases.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you Pimp your auto?