ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Weird whining noise from speakers.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-07, 07:17 AM
Yaj95ES300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mick_foley

Haha ^^^

Originally Posted by Lukeo
cry me a river
Sounds like somebody on this thread needs a cookie

Anyways, my sis's Avalon does the same thing after a new headunit was put in..The best way to get rid of that is bypassing the amp, which Im still debating on which route to take... Maybe just rewiring from the deck, to where the stock amp is and splicing the wires. Or get a 4 channel amp..
Old 11-15-07, 10:41 AM
steveo81
Driver School Candidate

Post The Alternator Whine

I just redid the sound system on my 95 ES and i had a terrible whine. My Solution: I played with the HU ground wire, i tried grounding it to the ground wire in the factory wire harness, and then i finally grounded it to a metal piece behind the radio and Voala,,,,,sound gone. if that doesn't work, these other suggestions are not a bad route...
Old 11-16-07, 10:37 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steveo81
I just redid the sound system on my 95 ES and i had a terrible whine. My Solution: I played with the HU ground wire, i tried grounding it to the ground wire in the factory wire harness, and then i finally grounded it to a metal piece behind the radio and Voala,,,,,sound gone. if that doesn't work, these other suggestions are not a bad route...
Awesome idea prob better than any other way because it keeps the stock amp which is better than no amp and cost's nothing to fix
Old 11-17-07, 06:36 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Alternator whine is exactly what you are hearing. As the others here have said, either by-pass the stock amp completely with a new one or re-ground the ground wire from the HU to any hter metal piece insteadof the factory harness and it should disappear.

Originally Posted by Lukeo
Dont listen to these guys,......
cry me a river.....
the ground loop isolator is not worth a try. cant you read ive already tryed it. go ahead waste your money.
Quickest way for a newbie to make enemies here is to come into ANY of these respectable forums and start insulting the other members here who are very helpful. This is a forum and opinions are gona vary immensly from one person to another. Please be more respectable in you further post as it will also come back to you in great amounts. Even you yourself suggested a complete bypass of the stock amp. Other suggestions were offered as well in case complete by-pass was not a financial option for him.

Last edited by trukn1; 11-17-07 at 06:46 AM. Reason: additional comments
Old 10-02-15, 09:34 AM
vbhalla24
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Engine whine noise in aftermarket head unit ES300

Recently I replaced the stock stereo of 97 ES300 with aftermarket unit. I did put in ground loop isolators upfront. Final result, I do hear some engine whine (very low though) when I accelerate car, it goes away as soon as i release accelerator pedal. I saw one post here where ground black wire of head unit was grounded to the back metal of unit itself, but i was not clear on two things a) was black wire from the battery/car's wiring harness completely disconnected or that was kept connected too b) Did this solution work for anyone else so far?

I want to retain factory amp and not finger around that area as it is just going to be more complex for me to handle.

Here is my youtube video of how I did my stereo replacement.

Old 12-13-15, 01:38 PM
brijinder
Driver School Candidate

@steveo, I did ground the HU wire to the chassis but noise is still there, did you ground only the
HU ground wire or did you joined HU ground wire and aftermarket harness ground wire and attached them to chassis ?
Old 12-12-19, 06:09 AM
MichaelPm
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 1996 Es 300. I have read though many of the forums here .and on other sites .even watched videos.I see mixed ways to do it and many different suggestions.Did you bypass your amp? Or did you use the 4 rca's to your aftermarket?I was hoping to just get that Metra plug and keep my factory amp but if i have to bypass it il just snip the plug and run speaker wires to my aftermarket Sony.My amp is located under my seat. Oh and they say there is different ways also for Pioneer and some for Nakamichi .Some say ground loop isolater some say don't some say bypass amp some say you dont have to.This damn Lexus radio is way different than any other car I have had where i just wired them in 5 minutes.Thank You for any help I have never read so many different things for a radio but im aware it is for different years and models but still.Any help is greatly appreciated luckily i have enough diagrams for the next 15 years lol.