ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Gen Sighting!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-07, 05:30 PM
iDrive
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen Sighting!

haha, iuno why, but whenever I drive around I always wanna see a sighting like lining up with mutiple Lexus's. Whether it's all ES's (different gens) or all the cars with the Lexus emblem on em. Well, the other day I came reallll close to it. I was driving my 2nd gen ES when I rolled up between a 3rd gen ES and the 4th gen ES. Driving down a bit we ran into the new ES haha. All that was missing was the 1st gen. I think the closest I got to Lexus brand was rolling with a GS & an IS. All that was missing was the LS (an RX was there too). Just felt like sharing, you guys ever had that happen?

Last edited by iDrive; 10-25-07 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-25-07, 07:26 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea this one time.. i'm rollin in my 92. Then I see this 97 with plates that said "ALEXIS1". Then I noticed that it was from the Lexus Dealer. Then we kept rolling... and then there was an '02+ in the other lane. The 97 was in front of me. Then we came to a traffic light stop and I looked around. Bam, a 98 GS rolls to the right of me... 4 Lexus' in front lanes of a traffic stop....
Old 10-26-07, 06:44 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I lived in Ohio, I would see at least 2 other ES3s before getting to a main road. Then on the main streets there would always be every Lexus model 2001 and up. I think the local dealer was one of the highest volume in the US.
Old 10-26-07, 07:23 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iDrive
haha, iuno why, but whenever I drive around I always wanna see a sighting like lining up with mutiple Lexus's. Whether it's all ES's (different gens) or all the cars with the Lexus emblem on em. Well, the other day I came reallll close to it. I was driving my 2nd gen ES when I rolled up between a 3rd gen ES and the 4th gen ES. Driving down a bit we ran into the new ES haha. All that was missing was the 1st gen. I think the closest I got to Lexus brand was rolling with a GS & an IS. All that was missing was the LS (an RX was there too). Just felt like sharing, you guys ever had that happen?
That's cool. Sort of like an impromptu mini Lexus meet! So, did you and the other Lex drivers acknowledge each other with or anything, or look straight ahead and pretend you hadn't seen the others around you?
Old 10-26-07, 08:23 AM
iDrive
Rookie

I usually try, but it was dark & rainy. I couldn't see a thing past their windshield lol.

Actually there was an LS, the SC was missing lol. Sorry about that =P
Old 10-28-07, 06:14 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^I try to catch up the other lexus's if i see them and especially if its an es but most of the time its old people. Its even more fun to find em in the parking lot and park next to them if the other cars next to them look "safe".
Old 10-28-07, 07:51 AM
BadViper22
Lexus Test Driver

Haha, I can say I too have sped up to catch other ES's and try to give them some sort of "How you doin!" sign. Just to have them stare back at me like I'm freaking crazy. Although there are some 2nd gens in my area owned by teenagers, but they are so poorly taken care of I don't even want to be seen near em.
Old 10-28-07, 01:56 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BadViper22
Although there are some 2nd gens in my area owned by teenagers, but they are so poorly taken care of I don't even want to be seen near em.
Hey, I hear ya on that one! There was a 2nd gen ES (same color too) that parked every day in the same parking lot near the building I used to work in. It was really poorly maintained, never washed, ugly cheapo seat covers, etc, etc,...It really looked like ***!

So, I was really happy when we relocated a few months ago and I don't have to look at (or be associated with) that eye-sore anymore! It was a real shame to see what was once a sexy, classy ride in such pitiful condition. Plus, just parking in the same general vacinity as it gave me and my loved ES bad vibes!

Having said that, I too try to get close to another ES ( or other model Lexus) if I spot one in traffic. Last week a guy driving an IS350 was following me for a few blocks and honked and waved when I turned off onto a side road....that was cool. Not everyone likes to acknowledge another Lex driver though. Who knows, maybe they feel it's kind of uncool or geeky to wave, smile, or give the to some other driver.
IMO, it's just being friendly and acknowledging someone else's good taste in cars...
Old 10-28-07, 08:50 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

for some reason, i always end up in between a 3rd gen and a 4th gen when i roll up at a traffic light
Old 10-29-07, 06:48 AM
iDrive
Rookie

MAN! Sorry, but I just gotta share this one. I recently relocated to Maryland & had to drive back to N.C. for the weekend. Somewhere on I-95 S I ran into what I believe was a dark blue/black ES330 (looked like an 04 or 05). It was dark/rainy so I couldn't really see. We were going down the highway around 80-90 mph for a good while haha. A whole hour+? Could've been longer, I don't remember exactly. Wondering if it was anyone on here? It was during the night 8-10? We travelled a good distance together until I got onto I-85 and u stayed on I-40.