ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

JDM Corner Lights Interest

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-07, 05:40 PM
TeamAM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what the laws are in NC and why wouldnt they be legal
technically here in VA they're illegal too, but cops really dont care.

it's illegal because there are no amber reflectors on the corner
Old 10-25-07, 07:59 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When would you be placing the order (In other words when would we need the money by?)
Old 10-25-07, 09:50 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

$250 is looking pretty high?

I'm still scratching my chin on that one.

Count me as a maybe, I'll be letting you know after I see a lower price.
Old 10-26-07, 11:04 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Been watcing this thread and I just can't understand how soooo many people who are looking for these corner lights are hesitant now. These lights are really nice for this price point, not to mention the inaccessibility here in the states, to get a quality JDM product. Yes, like any JDM product, a little rewiring is gonna be necessary to accomplish the look. Sometimes I wish I did have an ES to mod out. I ordered JDM headlights for my LS and had to re-wire the harness b/c the headlights took a different bulb than the American version. $250 shipped new from overseas!!!!,,,, most of this price is gonna be offset by shipping, customs, etc.
Smitty, this is a really good deal man, and to you for working so diligently to try to get this product here and offer it to the other ES owners who, in the past, have expressed soo much interest. Great work, as always!!!!
Old 10-26-07, 11:16 AM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^... very true, im with you/smitty!

now all i need after the corners is the jdm tanabe muffler, can any1 help me with that?
Old 10-26-07, 02:58 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trukn1
Been watcing this thread and I just can't understand how soooo many people who are looking for these corner lights are hesitant now. These lights are really nice for this price point, not to mention the inaccessibility here in the states, to get a quality JDM product. Yes, like any JDM product, a little rewiring is gonna be necessary to accomplish the look. Sometimes I wish I did have an ES to mod out. I ordered JDM headlights for my LS and had to re-wire the harness b/c the headlights took a different bulb than the American version. $250 shipped new from overseas!!!!
Who you calling out on this?

I, for one ,never expressed a desire in the past for these corner lights. I already have clear corners. These would just be the next step up. You paid $250 for headlights, we are talking about corner lights. big difference here. I'm not saying this is a bad deal and I do appreciate Smitty for the effort and the offer.
Old 10-26-07, 04:03 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW I guess next time I'll keep my mouth shut. I cant help but to feel a little pissed. The contact I have pretty much is going to the Toyota Dealership in Japan to get these brand new. So from what I understand they're roughly $150-175 from the dealership brand new. Then as we all know shipping from Japan isnt cheap, plus the internation paypal fees, plus packaging. Sending just one package with the corner lights via air (which will take 2 weeks) is $40-45. Not to mention when they get to the US they have to be resent out to everyone's addresses. I mean for someone to take time out to do a favor to go get these and send these and he's pretty much making a whooping $10-20 for his time. And its him taking his time out to do a favor not make a buck. He could easily make more money selling other things.

If you didnt want to get in on it and just had complaints you should have clicked the back button on the top left corner of your browser and not the reply button. Hate to be an azz about it but its the truth This is the exact reason there's hardly ever any ES group buys. Lack of interest is probably one of the reasons the Tanabe exhaust has yet to be released. They probably felt it wouldnt sell well and didnt want to deal with complaints from people about it being over $600. JDM parts arent cheap or easy to get access to in some cases and doubt that will ever change. Dont think I'll be posting in the ES section of the forum anymore.

Mods Please close thread.

-Smitty
Old 10-26-07, 04:23 PM
Sash
Lead Lap

I've got to fully back Smitty up on this . . . people should get their priorities straight before saying something. Noone can honestly say that they can find JDM parts for cheap. I knew that when I posted that I want a set it was going to run me a couple of hundred dollars and I was cool with it. I am surprised so many people thought they'd be able to get the set for cheaper . . .
Old 10-26-07, 04:44 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LXMN
Who you calling out on this?

I, for one ,never expressed a desire in the past for these corner lights. I already have clear corners. These would just be the next step up. You paid $250 for headlights, we are talking about corner lights. big difference here. I'm not saying this is a bad deal and I do appreciate Smitty for the effort and the offer.
I am not calling anyone in particular,, it just amazes me that people have been looking for them and have been searching for them,, and now peeps complaining too high price for a brand new, un-available product here in the states.

1. I went back and re-read my response,, I was saying $250 for the JDM corners from overseas,,brand new was a good price. I was NOT referring to what I paid for headlights. I should have worded this differently.

2. I only know a few members in this forum, so I did not directly call anyone out on this, was simply saying that it seems to me that every other thread I read in this forum,, someone is asking about the JDM clear corners anytime someone is making reference to the Windom. I made it clear that I do not have an ES at all, I have an LS. I happen to enjoy both cars and am even considering an ES as a second car.

If you took the post to be a direct shot at you,,well you took it wrong. No names were called; I don't even know of you. Guilty conscious speaks first,, question is,, are you guilty?? Only you know for sure. LOL!!!! Smitty is a very close friend of mine and I know for a fact that he has gone thru alot of research and trouble trying to find these items and trying to establish contacts to then share with everyone else. He is probably one of the most helpful people here in this forum (and I know there are quite a few more both still here as well as who have left). I just notice a trend here in this particular forum. Product is asked for,, someone goes thru the effort to have it brought it as a mass buy, group buy, etc.,,, nobody want to participate. I know you guys here have a VERY LIMITED assortment of aftermarket to choose from, and no it is not fair. I also realize that this stuff is costly to some; nothing wrong with that at all. I myself am not independantly wealthy. Just saying that if you have the means to take advantage of an incredible opportunity, for an incredibly hard to obtain item here in the states, it would be a shame to miss it.

Last edited by trukn1; 10-28-07 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-26-07, 10:26 PM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
Dont think I'll be posting in the ES section of the forum anymore.

Mods Please close thread.

-Smitty
Do not let negative energy get to you -- we all get some flack now and then. Stick around bro.
Old 10-26-07, 10:28 PM
shahir18
Instructor

woah woah woah... this situation is getting out of line.

look, smitty is doing me a big favor and helping me and all of the other members on getting the one item that is always talked about and wanted. i really want the corners, the price he is providing is very good compared to how rare it is and how hard it is to get! i think no1 should be called out on this and i do want to give Smitty mad props and thanks for his time/effort into getting something I and many other members want!
Old 10-26-07, 10:46 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Smitty dont feel underappreicated cuz alot members here appreciate what you do and how you try to setup a GB and share with everybody. Please do not let this simple misunderstanding lead you to abandon the ES forum! We need you bro!
Old 10-26-07, 10:51 PM
BadViper22
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by maniax
Smitty dont feel underappreicated cuz alot members here appreciate what you do and how you try to setup a GB and share with everybody. Please do not let this simple misunderstanding lead you to abandon the ES forum! We need you bro!
+1 Please don't abandon us bro!

We don't need these tensions you guys, Let's just forget this happened and go on with our mods and Lexus enjoyment.
Old 10-26-07, 11:19 PM
RawGin
Driver

were all lex bros here... everyone just chill out and light up a blunt
Old 10-27-07, 07:34 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^I'm with RawGin this one. Now smitty I agree that the price you found these corners is practically giving them away considering this http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi. Now that shows that its 50-88 a piece plus shipping for USED US spec ones. I'm not complaining here about anything I'm just asking when you would need it by and such. Being its only 2 months till chrismass its hard to find extra cash to buy the corners that I will 100% want when I have the money to buy them. Smitty without you here on the es forum there really isn't much of an es forum at all. You are one of the few "OG's" we have here and we can't afford to lose such a knowlegable and contriubuting member.

Quick Reply: JDM Corner Lights Interest