ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Before/After-2 minutes/See it to believe it! (With Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-13, 12:48 PM
ubtripn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before/After-2 minutes/See it to believe it! (With Pics)

So I have seen all of the different headlight restorer claims but none have ever done that great for me, toothpaste was a bust too.

BUT, about 5 years ago I was at the fair and there was a booth with this blue paste for polishing metal, glass, plastic and just about everything else. He put literally less than a teaspoon in a little plastic container for me (the kind used for hot peppers at pizza joints) and it lasted me 5 years. I have a 68 Chevy Truck and the dash bezel was all scratched up and clouded, I rubbed the equivalent of a match-heads worth on by finger, wiped it off and it was like new. Not almost new but new. So I kept using it on things till I ran out. I bought my ES300 and needed some more but I could not find it anywhere, finally I found a green liquid form of it under the same name - FLITZ. Now the blue paste was like $50 bucks for a few ounces but this bottle was $6 bucks at Ace Hardware so I bought the two they had. I used about half a teaspoon on each headlight. Below is the before and after, about two minutes per headlight. (I don't sell or distribute this stuff so if you want some try Ace's or the web.) I still am searching for the blue paste. This stuff actually removes a micro-layer of plastic kind of like peeling off the windshield in NASCAR. My Dad always said their are no miracles in a bottle at the auto parts store and that has proven to be true all my life but this stuff will indeed work for you. It is actually a marine polish for stuff that other stuff won't take out. No buffing heads on drills required. (They do sell a kit I think with one but your hands and a cloth (preferably a micro-fiber cloth) will do the trick. I did all my employees cars and still have a lot left in the bottle.

Before/After-2 minutes/See it to believe it! (With Pics)-before.jpg

Before/After-2 minutes/See it to believe it! (With Pics)-after.jpg
Old 11-25-13, 12:48 PM
ubtripn
Driver School Candidate

I still haven't seen what a second pass will do.
Old 11-26-13, 03:03 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I got a 1.7 ounce tube of it a while back, mainly for trim, haven't used it yet though. Those are really good results. Some of the reviewers on Amazon say they have good results using it on paint, too. I'll try it out.

Last edited by Chocolate; 11-26-13 at 03:07 AM.
Old 11-26-13, 01:12 PM
ubtripn
Driver School Candidate

Do, it really does a great job.
Old 11-26-13, 02:11 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

The impressive thing is that it's safe for so many surfaces. I'll have to try some on my Makita rotary buffer when the weather is better.
Old 11-26-13, 02:20 PM
ubtripn
Driver School Candidate

I agree, works on almost everything.
Old 11-26-13, 02:24 PM
PFB
Lexus Champion

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

It looks fantastic, but don't over do it. Each time you rub it in, it removes some of the original protective layer, and some of the material that the lens is made from.

Phil
Old 11-26-13, 04:10 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

I have tried a polishing headlight lens kit from Wolfgang, which came with a sealer (a wax of some sort). I also tried wet sanding the headlight and painting it with multiple clear coats. Nothing has kept the headlight clear for more than 6 months. Repeated polishing is necessary.

My brand new headlight on the other hand, is still clear after over two years.
Old 11-29-13, 05:51 PM
ubtripn
Driver School Candidate

Good advice from all, will do, thanks.
Old 11-30-13, 10:32 AM
2k4CamkilA
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PFB
It looks fantastic, but don't over do it. Each time you rub it in, it removes some of the original protective layer, and some of the material that the lens is made from.

Phil
Couldn't you just rub a uv protectant over it?
Old 12-02-13, 09:59 AM
ubtripn
Driver School Candidate

Maybe, if they sold one that wasn't foggy
Old 12-11-13, 11:58 AM
cquarta23
Driver School Candidate

ok where can I buy this "Miracle" product at? Show a picture of the bottle at least.
Old 12-11-13, 12:19 PM
ubtripn
Driver School Candidate

Ace Hardware, sorry I am not near the bottle right now but it is small, silver and they sell a green liquid (what I used) and a blue paste which is better. Flitz also has a website.
Old 12-11-13, 04:01 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Originally Posted by ubtripn
Maybe, if they sold one that wasn't foggy
Try some 100% Carnauba Wax, it will offer you UV protection and remain totally clear when rubbed in. Just make sure to reapply a few times a year.
Old 12-11-13, 07:42 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i think all the big headlight restorer are very good. i used Quixx Headlight Restoration Kit (it came with sandpaper and sealer et al.) It did an excellent job. But i still have foggy lens however which is on the inside . i remember because couple of years back i used high pressure wash to wash my car. But that high pressure was really powerful and i accidently placed it very close to the lens making a tiny crack. i was like $!%$@!!!! oh well...here the video. You can see that the passenger headlight came out to be very good :

Quick Reply: Before/After-2 minutes/See it to believe it! (With Pics)