ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

My 92 ES trans flush questions. Need help fast...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-07, 02:39 PM
ta1972
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 92 ES trans flush questions. Need help fast...

How do i flush out the trans fluid without taking my car to the shop to use the machine? I need know fast because I listen to the dumb a$$ at Kragen and he told me i could use Valvoline ATF+4 full syn into my auto trans. I ended up putting 3qrts of it. Do i have to drain it a few times after i put the correct fluid in? Or will the Vavoline hurt the trans? I have a 92 es. Please help... Need to know fast
Old 08-30-07, 04:26 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ta1972
How do i flush out the trans fluid without taking my car to the shop to use the machine? I need know fast because I listen to the dumb a$$ at Kragen and he told me i could use Valvoline ATF+4 full syn into my auto trans. I ended up putting 3qrts of it. Do i have to drain it a few times after i put the correct fluid in? Or will the Vavoline hurt the trans? I have a 92 es. Please help... Need to know fast
I'm not sure if mixing Valvoline Synthetic with Dexron III can or will do any harm.
But if you are going to drain and fill, I think it usually takes about three drains (at least) before you replace all the fluid.
The other option is to flush the tranny but I've heard that doing a flush on an older car is not recommended 'cause it can loosen built up deposits inside the transmission that can lead to real problems later.
I'd definitely go back to Kragen and talk to the manager. Tell him what happened and tell him you think they should pay for your (3+) drain and fills since their guy gave you bad info which could potentially ruin your transmission. And don't let them talk you into just a free flush!

Good Luck!
Old 08-31-07, 07:32 AM
jchrisf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull the trans cooler line off the radiator and drop it into your drain bucket. Start the car for about 5 seconds, turn off and add more of the new fluid. Do this about 20 times and you will have it flushed out... At least this worked beautifully on my 95'