ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

new member: LeftCoastBias (LCB)...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-06, 04:40 PM
LCB@TDF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member: LeftCoastBias (LCB)...

hello....

i go by the username LeftCoastBias on EVERY other forum i've ever joined... for some reason it's too long (??? wtf) for club lexus. i know one of the supermods here, so i'll see if i can sweet talk him into hooking me up with my normal user name.

anyways, i come from the bmw/mercedes crowd. my wife just totaled one of my mercedes' (not her fault) and i have agreed to the purchase of a lovely '97 es300 to replace it's needs in our garage. i should have the car in my possession either tomorrow night or tuesday.

the only thing i want to do to the car is get rid of the stock chrome wheels. other than that, one of the reasons i bought the car was it would prevent me from pouring any money into it through mods.
Old 12-17-06, 04:44 PM
LCB@TDF
Rookie

oh, and here's some details on what happened to the benz.

Originally Posted by LeftCoastBias
i've posted a bunch about this in the past week; mostly due to our searching for a replacement vehicle.

i hadn't had the time to upload all the pics and get a full post together... i've been busy dealing with insurance and car shopping.

so here's the story...

last sunday, 12/10/06, my wife was driving my c280 from our house near downtown san diego up to one of our storage units in escondido, ca. she was attempting to retrieve some xmas decorations that were actually here, at our house, in the garage.

anyways, on her way back down to our house, on the 15, right at the 163 juncture, some stupid ***** (and I DO MEAN STUPID *****... i talked to her at the scene) lost her wheel from her 1996 VW jetta.

she was in lane 1 (furthest left/fast lane), she careened right into lane 2 and took out a new Scion XB... she dragged the scion across the freeway where the scion slammed into the drivers side of my car in lane 4. the VW kept going past my car, damaging the front end, and then spun all the way around, and proceeded to hit my passenger side HEAD-ON.

the stupid ***** must have been standing on the gas pedal throughout the entire accident for her to spin all the way around 180 degrees and then t-bone my wife; while the scion was pinning her from the other side of the car still.

so the car is totaled.

we've agreed to purchase an impeccable immaculate amazingly well taken care of 1997 lexus es300. i dont have enough words to describe the condition of this car, it is like brand new. i will post pics once we complete the transaction.

an old man owned it and just dumped about 2500 into it a month or two ago when it hit 100k; because he planned on keeping it for the rest of the car's (and maybe his) life. but, his son surprised him with a mercedes as a gift. so he just wants to sell the car.

we jumped on his asking price, which was an undervalued $7900. totally worth that and more. the car drove EXACTLY like my 1996 lexus es300. ...which i owned in high school... IN 1996!! the car feels brand new, and it's basically a toyota camry, so we know it will run forever with minimal maintenance.

and i know, i know, i know... the lexus is not a "fun" car and kinda boring and blah and whatever... but it is basically the perfect car for it's purpose. it fills the void in my garage of needing a basic, nice, comfy and good 4 door sedan for either a) getting my wife to and from work and b) taking on road trips or vacations, or long drives.

we were also looking at w210 mercedes e-classes; and e39 bmw 5-series to replace the w202.

the e-class was really larger than we wanted, and for the price we nailed that lexus, i would have had to buy one with 200k in mileage.

the e39; although being basically the BEST 4 door family sedan ever built... and one of my favorite cars... we would have had to purchase one from the late 90's... when bmw was still claiming "lifetime fill" for their automatic transmissions (car has to be auto for the wifey... she does NOT drive stick). the auto transmissions, being built from glass, scared me off from this purchase. but, after test driving a few, my wife has fallen in love with the e39... so i will presumably be looking for a 2003 bmw 530i/a with sport package, at some point in the next 2-3 years.

i could buy one now and make it my daily driver... which wouldn't be too shabby, actually... but, i would have to sell the 330ci; and probably another one of our beaters or dust collectors... or even my w201 190e

...so i think i'd rather wait until we can afford to just "add" it to the collection, with minimal effect on the other cars. (yes, i know... i have too many POS's and not enough useful cars... does anyone have a truck we can borrow the weekend after xmas??? )
Old 12-17-06, 04:45 PM
LCB@TDF
Rookie

continued...

Originally Posted by LeftCoastBias
anyways.... here's the photos.

car... totaled

all four doors are busted up like this.

the poor girl's brand new scion she JUST bought

the stupid ***** who hit us... her car is BARELY damaged from THIS accident (we can tell it's been in a few... i think it has a hidden salvage issue, based on the rear end)

i want to know who was servicing this piece of **** car

i found the wheel several hundred feet from the accident

turned it over to see this:

all the pics can be see in my gallery here: Gallery :: total loss
Old 12-18-06, 03:05 AM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that last pic is definitely sue time. not one to be sueing people, but that definitely deserves one. not only is the drivers life at danger, but others as well, as seen here in this instance. btw, welcome to Club Lexus.
Charley
Old 12-18-06, 08:38 AM
LCB@TDF
Rookie

Originally Posted by charley240
that last pic is definitely sue time. not one to be sueing people, but that definitely deserves one. not only is the drivers life at danger, but others as well, as seen here in this instance. btw, welcome to Club Lexus.
Charley
thanks!

yeah, this girl obviously does not maintain her car AT ALL.
Old 12-19-06, 06:49 AM
sirtiger
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello Mr. Socko...you look familiar
Old 12-19-06, 08:22 AM
LCB@TDF
Rookie

Originally Posted by sirtiger
Hello Mr. Socko...you look familiar
hellooooo thaar
Old 12-19-06, 10:27 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by charley240
Charley
Maybe I'm not seeing it but what exactly does the last pic tell and how does it entail LCB to sue?
Old 12-19-06, 08:58 PM
pen0r
Driver School Candidate

it was the generals fault
Old 12-19-06, 09:00 PM
LexFather

Welcome LEftcoastbias...

I would be Eastcoastbias
Old 12-19-06, 09:14 PM
LCB@TDF
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexusk8
Maybe I'm not seeing it but what exactly does the last pic tell and how does it entail LCB to sue?
negligence; failure to properly maintain your vehicle.

the wheel bearings would not have broken like that and the wheel would not have flown off the car if it were not for the owner's negligence in keeping her vehicle properly maintained and repaired.

...it'd be a lawsuit... if the stupid ***** had anything worth suing.
Old 12-19-06, 09:24 PM
LCB@TDF
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Welcome LEftcoastbias...

I would be Eastcoastbias
i wish they'd let me use my stupid screen name!!!