ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Replacing the master window switch on a 92 ES300 - help!

Old 09-20-06, 10:17 AM
MCG33
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing the master window switch on a 92 ES300 - help!

I just recently purchased my first ES (92 5-speed) and I love it, but one of the few problems it had when I got it was the power window switch for the driver's window is busted. So I bought a new one on ebay, and for the last hour I have been trying to get the plastic cover off of the one on the door but it seems like its screwed in from the bottom. I unscrewed the one screw on top in the inner door handle that I thought was holding it in place, but it didnt seem to do anything.

So what I'm wondering is.. am I just not popping it out hard enough, or do I have to remove the whole door panel to get to the switch? I did a search on the forum and couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this has been answered before. Any help is appreciated!
Old 09-20-06, 03:17 PM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whoa! i have a 92 5-speed as well. Just thought i'd tell you were awesome. What color is yours?

oh sorry i can't help with the switch thing. I haven't taken my car apart yet.
Old 09-20-06, 04:46 PM
itsme4g63
Driver

you will have to take the door panel off to replace the switch. it snaps right off after you've taken the proper screws out. One is very visible , under the tweeter, halfway down the door. THe second one is in the panel, the place where you use your hand to close the door, that bowl inside the plastic, under the little removable carpting there is a screw holding the panel in with the door paneling itself. after you've removed the door panel, there are 2 3 screws underneath which you have to remove.

Damian.
Old 09-20-06, 10:58 PM
MCG33
Pole Position

Originally Posted by omarg
Whoa! i have a 92 5-speed as well. Just thought i'd tell you were awesome. What color is yours?

oh sorry i can't help with the switch thing. I haven't taken my car apart yet.
Right on! It is dark green with tan interior. Has about 140k miles on it which isn't too bad for a 92. Everything is in great shape for the most part, I love it!

Originally Posted by itsme4g63
you will have to take the door panel off to replace the switch. it snaps right off after you've taken the proper screws out. One is very visible , under the tweeter, halfway down the door. THe second one is in the panel, the place where you use your hand to close the door, that bowl inside the plastic, under the little removable carpting there is a screw holding the panel in with the door paneling itself. after you've removed the door panel, there are 2 3 screws underneath which you have to remove.

Damian.
Awesome, thanks! I figured I was probably going to have to take off the door panel, but was hoping it would be easier. I'll give this a shot in the morning though for sure.