ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Remote start for ES330

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-05, 08:52 AM
lovemov
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start for ES330

Is it possible to install remote start for ES330? Will Lexus dealer do this? If not, who usually has the service? I think it's useful for this cold weather...
It's better if it uses the original keys.
Thanks.
Old 12-04-05, 11:45 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by lovemov
Is it possible to install remote start for ES330? Will Lexus dealer do this? If not, who usually has the service? I think it's useful for this cold weather...
It's better if it uses the original keys.
Thanks.
no the dealer probably wont install, and even if they wuld, you would get raped. go to a specialty shoop, alot fo car audio places do remots starters, especially fi they do alarms. a really good one will run $499-$699 installed, while an average one will run you $299. i would go with the average one unless you need like 2 miles of range. they arent average in reliability just features.
Old 12-05-05, 12:37 PM
05ES330
Pole Position

this was discuessed in another forum. i found that lxulink is in the process of making a kit for the ES330, but they are very pricey, but then again i think they are plug and play. DEI also makes a unviersal one. you retain your remote function and start your car with factory remote and it only costs 80 bucks. i planning on doing this mod after i lower my car
Old 12-05-05, 11:46 PM
YJC88
Driver

Luxury Motorworks did them for me and its preety good until today!
Old 12-06-05, 11:18 PM
05ES330
Pole Position

Originally Posted by YJC88
Luxury Motorworks did them for me and its preety good until today!
luxury motorworks has a working kit out for the ES330 now?
Old 12-07-05, 08:02 AM
YJC88
Driver

Originally Posted by 05ES330
luxury motorworks has a working kit out for the ES330 now?
It was out since Summer last year, I used it for 20,000 miles now! Hehe
Old 12-08-05, 05:26 PM
lovemov
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YJC88
It was out since Summer last year, I used it for 20,000 miles now! Hehe
I have visited their website, I don't think they have one for ES330,
http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/luxl...mote_start.php

Are you sure you have ES330 model or use another instead? Thanks.
Old 12-08-05, 05:41 PM
lovemov
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05ES330
this was discuessed in another forum. i found that lxulink is in the process of making a kit for the ES330, but they are very pricey, but then again i think they are plug and play. DEI also makes a unviersal one. you retain your remote function and start your car with factory remote and it only costs 80 bucks. i planning on doing this mod after i lower my car
DEI does support ES330? Do you know if they have installation instruction in the kit for ES330? Thanks.
Old 12-08-05, 07:49 PM
YJC88
Driver

Originally Posted by lovemov
DEI does support ES330? Do you know if they have installation instruction in the kit for ES330? Thanks.
Well you might ask them through the phone, I got mine as LUXLINK, Luxury Motorworks
Old 12-10-05, 06:04 PM
05ES330
Pole Position

When I emailed LuxLink about a remote start for the ES they said they were working on one and would have one out by the end of the month, which was like in october i think. do you have the part number for the one you bought from luxlink? the DEI is not a plug and play kit. there are instructions. Remote start is almost like installing an alarm. its not that hard at all.
Old 11-03-17, 12:49 PM
mirekti
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi there, I am digging this thread out from graveyard as I recently moved to Chicago area and...
...well, I'd really like to install, or let someone install remote starter on my 2005 ES330. Is this possible with my model, any suggestions?
Old 11-05-17, 01:57 AM
Ace20Six
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You did some major digging here lol

Get a universal remote start/alarm combo. Or most sell just the remote start feature too if that is all you are looking for.

If you don’t have any experience I recommend you have a shop do it.

Here are a few of top brands I’d recommend.

Compustar
Idatastart
Fortin
and then any DEI product like viper, Clifford, python, avital, Astrostart etc.

Last I checked any of the DEI products will require separate/additional modules like a bypass for your chipped key. Compustar slightly older models have a built in slot for a bypass card that slides into the alarm/remote start module. Almost like a old Nintendo game boy. Their new line of remote starts/alarms that recently just dropped have this bypass feature built in so no additional units needed. Idatastart and fortin have bypass built into their units as well.

Your car might support 3x lock with the factory remote with one of the alarm brands above. You just hit lock 3 times with factory remote and the car will remote start. The range of this will be very short though, so however far away from your vehicle you are capable of locking or unlocking your doors will be about the same distance your remote start will work from. Which In my opinion is completely useless.

with the fortin and compustar units they do not come with remotes, you have to purchase those separately. So you get the option if you want

1way remote(you send a lock/unlock/remote start command and the remote just lights up telling you it’s been sent)

2way remotes(send a command, remote lights up, then lights up again to confirm for you that the command was received)

then you got higher end options for 2 way remotes with lcd screens so you can visually see if your doors are locked or unlocked or if the car is running.
Old 11-05-17, 03:13 AM
mirekti
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the details. I went with Compustar and remote is 2-way Prime R3.
Works great!!!
There is one small bug which maybe can be fixed, need to talk to the installer. Wheb I remote start & stop the engine (very unlikely scenario) the lights will remain on (I always keep them in on position). Also hiting lock button two times doesn’t help either. With the Lexus key first press locks the car, the second one shuts the lights.
This will be a game changer for Chicago winters, but also hot summer days. I am very happy and hope I wont have any battery drainage issues.
Old 11-15-17, 02:42 PM
Power6
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

RE: the lights, I think this is a "quirk" of the ES, I have a Viper starter in my 01 ES I installed myself long ago, I keep my light switch on "auto" and it has the same behavior you describe. Your installer probably can't do much about it.

I figured it is likely due to the way the remote starter operates the car. As you can imagine the remote start is in effect "simulating" a bunch of stuff, like putting in a key without having opened a door, powering the engine circuit but not the accessories when in start mode, so you have to appreciate that you might find some consequences that are unintended! When you start and stop the car, its as if you put the key in, started it, and then shut it down and removed the key without having opened the door! The Lexus is a bit clever compared to simpler cars of its day, like it keeps the headlights on and doesn't start the timer to turn them off until you close the last door, or the trunk. So shutting the engine off without actually exiting the car might be confusing those clever electronics.

The only solution I found to this was go out to the car...open the drivers door, close it, lock the car and the lights will then go out. Again it's not a typical scenario, so don't have to deal with it but once in a great while.
Old 10-19-18, 01:51 PM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey,
Any of you guys can link the parts you purchased to install remote start? Also did you get this installed somewhere or did it yourself?

Originally Posted by mirekti
Thanks for all the details. I went with Compustar and remote is 2-way Prime R3.
Works great!!!
There is one small bug which maybe can be fixed, need to talk to the installer. Wheb I remote start & stop the engine (very unlikely scenario) the lights will remain on (I always keep them in on position). Also hiting lock button two times doesn’t help either. With the Lexus key first press locks the car, the second one shuts the lights.
This will be a game changer for Chicago winters, but also hot summer days. I am very happy and hope I wont have any battery drainage issues.
Originally Posted by Power6
RE: the lights, I think this is a "quirk" of the ES, I have a Viper starter in my 01 ES I installed myself long ago, I keep my light switch on "auto" and it has the same behavior you describe. Your installer probably can't do much about it.

I figured it is likely due to the way the remote starter operates the car. As you can imagine the remote start is in effect "simulating" a bunch of stuff, like putting in a key without having opened a door, powering the engine circuit but not the accessories when in start mode, so you have to appreciate that you might find some consequences that are unintended! When you start and stop the car, its as if you put the key in, started it, and then shut it down and removed the key without having opened the door! The Lexus is a bit clever compared to simpler cars of its day, like it keeps the headlights on and doesn't start the timer to turn them off until you close the last door, or the trunk. So shutting the engine off without actually exiting the car might be confusing those clever electronics.

The only solution I found to this was go out to the car...open the drivers door, close it, lock the car and the lights will then go out. Again it's not a typical scenario, so don't have to deal with it but once in a great while.