ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

air-intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-01, 10:29 PM
famousEs300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been looking around for an air intake for my 96 es300 and i haven't been able to find anything. i was just hoping that if anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-28-01, 08:42 AM
chrislee8
Driver

Default this topic

has been discussed in the previous posts, I don't remeber which post, but if you do a search, you should find something, at least where to get one.

Old 07-03-01, 02:49 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Talking

mine actually came in last week! I am not all that sure how to hook it up so I'm having someone do it... unless someone knows how to! hint hint. Anyway, I got it from autotoys.com... They are slow... but I got it. OR just go to your local speed shop and ask for a Ractive intake.
Old 07-03-01, 07:16 PM
chrislee8
Driver

Default yo, congrat!

so did you put it on yet, take pics,

HIN is on Sat night, you want to go together? if so we will meet up first. what do you think?

Old 07-05-01, 01:27 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got in the ractive intake and it's a piece of ****! Don't get it. I make custom intakes, but I don't use stainless steal so when I saw this Ractive set up for only $88 I jumped on it, big mistake. You can tell is thrown together and it doesn't even have two breather connections, and the one that it does have leads me to believe that I have to replace a hose so it will fit, they should have sent me a hose, plus the one that is stock have a little collar air resonator on it and I don't want to lose that. It is also to long and doesn’t fit nicely as I expected. For only $40 I got a piece of 3 in stainless pipe from an import shop and all the hoses and connectors for it, I will cut the pipe to fit and make it my self! Oh and another thing, the filter they sent is not the one in the pic. I need the one in the pic because I have a forced air pipe hooked up to it, I would have paid $88 just for the pipe and thrown away the filter they sent, but the pipe didn't even fit, I’m going to work on my intake today and I’ll post pics soon when I’m done. Now I have to return the intake.
Old 07-05-01, 01:28 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Ramsee you say you ordered the same intake right? I'll post pics of it later and you tell me if its the same one. OK?
Old 07-05-01, 02:56 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Hello. Yeah I am sure it'll be the same one. It has one opening in the pipe. I am curious what would happen if that air resonator did you call it wasn't connected. That's the main reason I didn't connect it myself. And it looks like the hose on the stock intake is connected to the pipe itself which would require a separate hose I think. If it is an improvement over stock and costs 90.00 it's ok by me. Would love to see picture though. Thanx. Ramsee1
Old 07-05-01, 09:48 PM
boxster004
Driver School Candidate

I ordered an RActive intake from auto toys as well and they are sending it to me right now, but it seems like everyone says it is a piece of ****, well i guess i will just find out
Old 07-06-01, 01:35 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

If you disconnect the resonator the car will not start, too much air goes into the breather and stalls the engine, the only thing I can think of is taking out that whole tube and connecting a strait whose from the breather to the whole in the pipe I think I’m sticking to making my own, I will make them available when I prefect it.
Old 07-06-01, 01:47 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Question

This is curious. I do not know a lot about mechanics, but it seems to me that the part should work if it is made specifically for an ES. I will try to contact Ractive and see what's up.
Old 07-06-01, 01:49 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Lightbulb

there is a picture of an ES in the gallery with an intake on it. And I know abou two weeks back flipside909 posted some pics as well.
Old 07-07-01, 12:32 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Yah, but they have custom built pipes from EL prototypes, not from ractive, and yes I could make this piping work, but in order to do that I have to buy things and for the money I paid I shouldn't have to do that, and also it says it comes with every thing you need to mount it. That’s not true, for the smaller tubing on the left you need to buy a separate breather filter and I don't want to set it up like that, because I want it to get cold air from my ram air setup. And the filter they sent me doesn't hook up to my ram air, its different then the one they showed me in the picture on the web-site. Bottom line is that you should just open the box and put it in. I have a lot of experience building and installing intakes and this is not a good set up. I will post pics of my whole set up, even the ram air all the way to the intake manifold, and you will see what a nice setup it is, if you like I could sell you one and give you step by step instructions on installation. It comes with everything you need and no modification is needed.
Old 07-07-01, 12:43 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

This is a picture of what the metal pipe should look like, see how the tube from the engine plugs right into the pipe and on the other side I’m sure that it also properly connect to the other breather, also see how much shorter the pipe is.
Attached Thumbnails air-intake-intake.jpg  
Old 07-09-01, 02:31 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

hello sir. What kinda money you talking? I'd sell my pipe and buy your setup if I could install it myself...
Old 07-09-01, 02:57 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

I will sell the same set up as ractive with every thing you need to hook it up clamps hoses and most of it comes assembled already too! You simple just plug it right in, for only $90 since you on club Lexus and it is just a tad higher then the ractive, because it really does come with every thing you need. And you also get free assistance from me. I definitely will post pics in about an hour I just got home from picking up some engine degreaser from K-mart. But if you want full on forced air it will be a little more, but you can start with this and then move up to forced air, because it hooks right up to the regular intake that I offer. Let me know so I can get some more parts to begin fabricating it for you.

Quick Reply: air-intake