ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

WIll 97-01 Camry struts fit 97-01 ES300?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-05, 07:11 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default WIll 97-01 Camry struts fit 97-01 ES300?

I'm thinking about replacing the struts on my 99 and found a set of 97 Camry Struts for sale in perfect condition that I'm considering. Please let me know the price is good. Thanks
Old 04-18-05, 07:35 PM
Nixsun79
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not 100% sure on this but I think they will fit. Should be the same chassis type. You could check some part distributors and verify that the part #'s match. You could also call your local Toyota dealer and ask them. It's been so long since I bought my struts, but I do believe the application was for a 97-00 camry V6. Hope this helps.
Old 04-18-05, 07:41 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Damn you're the guy with the setup I wanted! Ok ok....I'll try not to copy with the SC430 Rims but its gonna be hard! I already got the wheel covers (at least 3 months now...almost got the rims for 620.00 for a set of 4 but missed by like 3 secs at the end) Anyhow, I'll check the struts out and let you know
Old 04-18-05, 09:34 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Yes they're identical on the same exact chassis MCV20.
Old 04-19-05, 04:43 AM
Nixsun79
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Damn you're the guy with the setup I wanted! Ok ok....I'll try not to copy with the SC430 Rims but its gonna be hard! I already got the wheel covers (at least 3 months now...almost got the rims for 620.00 for a set of 4 but missed by like 3 secs at the end) Anyhow, I'll check the struts out and let you know
hehe, I dont care if you have the same rims, I think they look great with the car and stay true with Lexus parts. Post some pics when you get it set up.
Old 04-19-05, 05:26 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Thats cool. Will do. Hey guess what, I scored the struts for 31.00! How cool is that! Gonna get them installed this weekend along with my new strut tower brace. Is the handling really that much better using the brace vs. not using one?
Old 04-19-05, 06:37 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Ohhhh *****%^&a!!! Hell Nawh. Look what this bastard wrote me just right now.... Scroll to the bottom

This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email forwarding system. If you reply to the email, your response will go directly to the member and not through eBay.

Message From eBay Member

Marketplace Safety Tip

If this email is an offer to sell an item without winning it on the eBay Web site (including Second Chance Offers sent through this email system) please do not respond to the sender.
These "outside-of-eBay" transactions are unsafe and not covered by eBay purchase protection programs.

Never pay for your eBay item using instant cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram.
These payment methods are unsafe when paying someone you do not know.

If this email is inappropriate or violates eBay policy, please help protect other eBay community members by reporting it to us immediately.

Dear tiguy99,

please don't pay , they are not avalible for sale anymore.I'm very sorry for inconvenience.

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,
daktor75

I know I can get this dude in some serious trouble right now. I'm super pissed off. I want my struts. What happend is that he saw how low the price was on the auction, probably got mad it wasn't what he wanted and then renigged at the end. Thats against the law. What advice can you guys give me?
Old 04-19-05, 08:05 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tiguy99
I know I can get this dude in some serious trouble right now. I'm super pissed off. I want my struts. What happend is that he saw how low the price was on the auction, probably got mad it wasn't what he wanted and then renigged at the end. Thats against the law. What advice can you guys give me?
That's too bad bro, sorry to hear you couldn't get the struts at that time. I'm not exactly sure how to address this particular repercussion on Ebay, but we have a lot of knowledgeable peeps in the Clubhouse forum, so you can try to create a new thread there addressing your problem and see what responses you get
Old 04-19-05, 09:18 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

I just gave him bad feedback and moved on. I'll have to buy them elsewhere. Perhaps another seller or here if the price is good enough
Old 04-20-05, 03:19 PM
Nixsun79
Pole Position

man that sux about that shady ebay seller. Hope you get some luck...

Thought I'd drop a couple pics of the ride before and after drop, I had a couple people asking about it so I thought this thread would be a good place for em.

BEFORE - ARRGH WHELL GAP

After

Ill take some new pics soon. Got get the ride detailed again since spring is here
Old 04-20-05, 06:00 PM
W. David
Pole Position

Hey bro, how do the Tein's ride compared to a stock setup? I obviously expect them to be a little more rough, but are they atleast tolerable or what?
Old 04-20-05, 07:34 PM
Nixsun79
Pole Position

They ride pretty sweet. Corners are night and day, my girl has 99 ES3 Coach Edition stock, and I drive it every now and then. You can’t really tell the difference in ride quality. Only difference is when it comes to comers the drop handles so much nicer, of course, and the bumps… bumps are a bit bouncy but I expected that. I mean you dont look like one of those civic's bouncing down the road, you can just feel them more. One thing I can say if you do it, you will learn to hate speed bumps with a passion.
Old 04-20-05, 08:21 PM
W. David
Pole Position

Good to know....thanks for the reply. I just noticed you're running KYB's too...I am considering both those and the Tokico HP's....from what I've read the Tokico's are a little more of a rough ride than the KYB's....so given your praise of the KYB's, I'll keep them in mind. how long have you had your spring/strut setup? Any problems to speak of?
Old 04-20-05, 08:28 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

I'm searching some yards on car-parts.com and see a few good deals. Then again, Nixsun79, I saw your struts on Ebay for like 213 before shipping buy it now. I'm thinking instead of just getting the front right and rear right (ones causing most trouble) I'd go for a whole set. But lately, I've been strapped for cash....hmm what to do what to do? Thank God I don't have the adjustable suspension. I hear those are an arm and a leg
Old 04-21-05, 04:55 AM
Nixsun79
Pole Position

I've had the setup for 2yrs, no problems.

Quick Reply: WIll 97-01 Camry struts fit 97-01 ES300?