ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Need Help and Have a Complaint

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-05, 07:56 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Need Help and Have a Complaint

Here's my story:

I drove my car to Crown Lexus in Onario, CA. and dropped off my 1996 ES 300 this morning at 9:30AM. I request a loaner. It was a 2004 ES 330. The loaner had about 13K miles on it. It was a very nice loaner. I took in my car for a radiator flush which cost $139. The service guy told me that he would call me once my car is finished and ready for me to pick. The service guy named Jeff calls me at 12:40PM and said that my car would be ready and washed within the hour. I said that I would be there around 2PM. I arrive at the dealer at 1:50PM, paid for my service and waited. I waited and I waited. I waited some more. There was this customer who pulled in a black GX 470 and the service guy Jeff took care of him. They took his GX to the back and about thirty minutes later they bring back his GX and away he goes and I'm thinking I dropped off my car this morning at 9:30 AM and I came to pick it up at around 2PM, paid for it and I'm still waiting for my car. I was like WTF! I waited for one hour and fifteen minutes! Finally I walked to Jeff's office and politely asked is my car still being worked on. He said that they're washing it right now. I apologetically said, please don't call me and tell me that my car would be ready and washed within the hour and when I get here, pay for my service and still wait for over an hour to get my car. That's why I requested the loaner. He apologized and just sat there. Then I pointed out the customer with the black GX and he said that the customer didn't need a wash. I was like what can I do to expedite getting my car back to me. Obviously he wasn't going to do anything. I said can I wash my car and he said go right ahead. I was very pissed off. I requested the service manager's number and I stormed out of his office and went to the back. I washed my car! There were guys there helping me but what I don't understand was Jeff should have called me after the car was washed and not made me wait for over an hour and fifteen minutes. I don't think I will be going back to Crown Lexus again. I just needed to vent.

Enough of the service comlaint. Again when I took my car in this morning to Crown Lexus. I asked if I could replace the light on my display that shows the time and temperature since it's burnt out. Jeff the service guy calls to see how much. It was like $800 for a new one and $600 for a refurbished one. At that moment I was thinking of Clublexus.com. Jeff recommended ebay motors to find an LCD(Liquid Crystal Display) for much cheaper. So I want to ask your guys' help on finding an LCD for my 1996 ES 300. I can't stand when it's night and I can't see the time, temperature or the air conditioner level. Thanks again in advance.

Last edited by Trexus; 04-11-05 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-09-05, 08:08 PM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
Here's my story:

I drove my car to Crown Lexus in Onario, CA. and dropped my 1996 ES 300 this morning at 9:30AM. I request a loaner. It was a 2004 ES 330. The loaner had about 13K miles on it. It was a very nice loaner. I took in my car for a radiator flush which cost $139. The service guy told me that he would call me once my car is finished and ready for me to pick. The service guy named Jeff calls me at 12:40PM and said that my car would be ready and washed within the hour. I said that I would be there around 2PM. I arrive at the dealer at 1:50PM, paid for my service and waited. I waited and I waited. I waited some more. There was this customer who pulled in a black GX 470 and the service guy Jeff took care of him. They took his GX to the back and about thirty minutes later they bring back his GX and away he goes and I'm thinking I dropped off my car this morning at 9:30 AM and I came to pick it up at around 2PM, paid for it and I'm still waiting for my car. I was like WTF! I waited for one hour and fifteen minutes! Finally I walked to Jeff's office and politely asked is my car still being worked on. He said that they're washing it right now. I apologetically said, please don't call me and tell me that my car would be ready and washed within the hour and when I get here, pay for my service and still wait for over an hour to get my car. That's why I requested the loaner. He apologized and just sat there. Then I pointed out the customer with the black GX and he said that the customer didn't need a wash. I was like what can I do to expedite getting my car back to me. Obviously he wasn't going to do anything. I said can I wash my car and he said go right ahead. I was very pissed off. I requested the service manager's number and I stormed out of his office and went to the back. I washed my car! There were guys there helping me but what I don't understand was Jeff should have called me after the car was washed and not made me wait for over an hour and fifteen minutes. I don't think I will be going back to Crown Lexus again. I just needed to vent.

Enough of the service comlaint. Again when I took my car in this morning to Crown Lexus. I asked if I could replace the light on my display that shows the time and temperature since it's burnt out. Jeff the service guy calls to see how much. It was like $800 for a new one and $600 for a refurbished one. At that moment I was thinking of Clublexus.com. Jeff recommended ebay motors to find an LCD(Liquid Crystal Display) for much cheaper. So I want to ask your guys' help on finding an LCD for my 1996 ES 300. I can't stand when it's night and I can't see the time, temperature or the air conditioner level. Thanks again in advance.

for the complain.. you should go and spit in his freaking eye and tell him if his wife wasn't so ugly you would of bone her.. hehe... serously. just don't go back there..

anyways.. about your LCD light .. you can just replaces the LCD glass. it'll be around 250bucks or something like that... here's a site that one of our members created.. http://www.lexls.com/tuneup.html

if it helps you... please donate to the site.... it cost, to help..
Old 04-09-05, 08:25 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I've had that experience with the Lexus dealer here on Guam as well. But I have to go back because they are the only Lexus place on this island.
Old 04-11-05, 07:00 AM
Falcon LS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! I certainly wouldn't go back there again...sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Old 04-11-05, 08:16 AM
johnnyt
Pole Position

sometimes it takes awhile longer than they say, I don;t think they didn't anyhting wrong. Your service advisor doesn't do the work, he just set everythinhg up. The gx didn;t get a car wash and you didn;t verify what the gx had done, it could have been just a check engine light or something easy to fix. I like for them to take their time on my car so I know there not trying to get me in and out as fast as possible and not look over anything.
Old 04-11-05, 08:20 AM
johnnyt
Pole Position

I know time is money but they gave you a loner(which a rental car runs around 30 a day) minus that from your service bill and the waiting areas usually are nice(free starbucks drinks, food, fruit, and internet access.
Old 04-11-05, 08:37 AM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Im sorry, but if they called and gave you an eta they should have either:
1.) had it done when they said
2.) called or come out and told you why it took longer than they thought.

i work in sales/ customer service and what they did was called abandoning the customer. That never builds consumer confidence and it definately doesnt increase the perception of your store, or in this case the dealership.
Old 04-11-05, 08:57 AM
uallah
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 3rdelement
Im sorry, but if they called and gave you an eta they should have either:
1.) had it done when they said
2.) called or come out and told you why it took longer than they thought.

i work in sales/ customer service and what they did was called abandoning the customer. That never builds consumer confidence and it definately doesnt increase the perception of your store, or in this case the dealership.
thats right. your word is your bond!
Old 04-11-05, 09:07 AM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

yup in sales and CS it is. Especially at a lexus dealership. That is the reason lexus does so well. Ive never had a problem that someone at the dealership wouldnt help me with. Thats the reason my mom just bought one and my sister is looking at models right now.
Old 04-11-05, 11:31 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I would never buy a car at the mentioned dealership or even service my vehicle there. My car only sees Longo and Luxury Motorworks for services despite the fact I live 45 miles from both.
Old 04-11-05, 11:47 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the gx couldve been in for just an oil change and requested his car not to be washed...

almost all shops will get cars with simple jobs in and out and cars that need more work to be done sitting there slowly being worked on..
Old 04-11-05, 11:54 AM
johnnyt
Pole Position

yea, that is what I was saying.
Old 04-11-05, 01:20 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I think it was way too long that I waited once I paid for my service. Again I waited for one hour and fifteen minutes. I think I gave them plenty of time which Jeff the service person had stated that my car would be ready and washed within the hour after he called me at 12:40PM.

Going back to the display part that I need. I went to irontoad.com and the part I need is:

a/c control display 55902-33050---$616.75

Is this too much or can I just get the parts and not the whole display? Thanks again in advance.
Old 04-11-05, 02:01 PM
khhoang
Driver

Originally Posted by Trexus

Going back to the display part that I need. I went to irontoad.com and the part I need is:

a/c control display 55902-33050---$616.75

Is this too much or can I just get the parts and not the whole display? Thanks again in advance.
what exactly is wrong with the A/C lcd display? is it burned out bulbs or is it the LCD has blackened out? if it's just the bulbs then there're are a few threads telling how to change out the bulbs.. simple DIY project and only a few bucks for the bulbs. if the LCD is blackened out or the display is all scrambled up and unreadable during the day&night then i would just buy a used A/C unit off ebay for around $50 plus shipping for the 92-96ES.
Old 04-11-05, 02:50 PM
OceanView
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

well, I always go to the dealer after the time they say my car will be ready.
I am sure these places have a ton of things to do and often get delayed.

One thing I wanted to add was that everytime I take my car into Crown, they are not the best representation of what a Lexus Service center should be. I always feel like they are trying to make money off of me. The only reason I go is because they always can schedule me in and get me a loaner car.

Quick Reply: Need Help and Have a Complaint