ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Engine dress up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-05, 05:10 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Engine dress up?

I am planning on joining a couple of car shows in February and another one in April... So what I wanted to do was to dress up the engine a bit. I have a short ram pipe which I will put on temporarily and then there's the polished strut bar that adds some bling. I was thinking add some colored hoses or something, clean the engine up and call it a day?

Has anyone done this before? If so, pics please.

Any tips on what I should get?
Old 01-31-05, 05:29 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Juan, this sounds more like a Detailing question you're inquiring, so I'm moving it to Guitarman's forum and hopefully you'll get your full answer there
Old 01-31-05, 06:58 AM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let's see... some stuff i'd notice in the engine bay are painted engine cover to match exterior, aem cold air intake, trd oil cap, blue or yellow wires, optima red or yellow top, and maybe on the hood you could put stickers or something that represent parts you have on you car.
Old 01-31-05, 11:26 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusk8
Juan, this sounds more like a Detailing question you're inquiring, so I'm moving it to Guitarman's forum and hopefully you'll get your full answer there
I was hoping to get input from the ES owners mainly... if they had any pictures of their setup (wires, hoses, etc.) Not exactly about the cleaning part, more of the accesssories that I can put under like flip mentioned with the oil cap, etc. Can someone move this back LOL
Old 02-01-05, 10:59 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I forgot about this...
http://www.schung07.com/engineCover.aspx

Talk to my friend steve. He might have a few left.
Old 02-01-05, 01:47 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

juano01, so, these shows that you are attending, is there alot of competition?

I just think that if you are gonna have the hood up, there should be some major performance under the hood.

You have a very clean ES, I say keep the hood closed and show the awesome ES you have....that way you might take an award home on the category you best fit in
Old 02-01-05, 04:58 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by el gato
I just think that if you are gonna have the hood up, there should be some major performance under the hood.

You have a very clean ES, I say keep the hood closed and show the awesome ES you have....that way you might take an award home on the category you best fit in

you lose points if you dont have your hood popped.. even if its a stock motor.. yall should take the time out a read the ncca rule book.. itll definitely help get your points spread out if you compete in shows
Old 02-01-05, 06:22 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HoeBag
you lose points if you dont have your hood popped.. even if its a stock motor.. yall should take the time out a read the ncca rule book.. itll definitely help get your points spread out if you compete in shows
I've seen plenty of tight rides in shows with the hood closed...yeah, I've heard there is certain percentages of points that you accumilate in order to place....but I just think sometimes you can't appreciate the smooth lines on a show ride cause they alway have all doors and hood open
Old 02-01-05, 07:22 PM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Juan, if you have the time take off your intake manifold and valve covers and polish them or paint them. I guess you could replace all the vaccuum and coolant lines with some colored ones and get a billet cruise control box and billet fues box covers made. Just keep it classy, PLEASE!
Old 02-01-05, 08:01 PM
juan01
Pole Position

flipside, I think that TWS engine cover is only for the 97+ models. Looks alright though.

gato, the first show I am planning on joining is on February 20. I don't think there will be that many competitors due to the "big show" that is happening on April 1st/2nd. I have heard that everyone is saving their rides for that show. I am going to show my car on the Feb 20th so I have a chance of something.

HB, do you know where I can find a link or copy of the NCCA rulebook?

mcelligot, yeah.. that's what I was planning to do. Just change out the vaccum and coolant lines... Not sure about the valve cover thing yet, I might!

Anyone have pics of their "dressed up" engine bay?
Old 02-01-05, 10:11 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by juan01
flipside, I think that TWS engine cover is only for the 97+ models. Looks alright though.

gato, the first show I am planning on joining is on February 20. I don't think there will be that many competitors due to the "big show" that is happening on April 1st/2nd. I have heard that everyone is saving their rides for that show. I am going to show my car on the Feb 20th so I have a chance of something.

HB, do you know where I can find a link or copy of the NCCA rulebook?

mcelligot, yeah.. that's what I was planning to do. Just change out the vaccum and coolant lines... Not sure about the valve cover thing yet, I might!

Anyone have pics of their "dressed up" engine bay?

www.4ncca.com
Old 02-01-05, 11:30 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by juan01
No it's not. It will work with any 1MZ-FE V6. Specifically the half cover 1MZ-FE's from the 96 and newer 1MZ-FE. Trust me on this. I've covered the MCV platform for a very long time and know what works and what doesn't.
Old 02-02-05, 05:14 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
I forgot about this...
http://www.schung07.com/engineCover.aspx

Talk to my friend steve. He might have a few left.

ahh.. the infamous s/c'd 1mz-fe.... I miss mine...
Old 02-02-05, 08:45 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

You might also want to consider a chrome TRD oil cap & rad cap as well.
Old 02-02-05, 09:49 PM
juan01
Pole Position

where can I get them?

Quick Reply: Engine dress up?