ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

I need advice! (Lexus decal across window)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-04, 01:22 PM
JenzLEX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I need advice!

I am thinking about getting a lexus decal to go accross my windshield in a few days. I'm not sure if I should get it in white or the have it made the same color as my car (that champagne gold color). Do ya'll have any suggestions on the size and or style of it? I was thinking having lexus and then the Lex symbol on the end. Whatcha think? I have very dark tint and the other thing is that I don't have that tint strip accross the windshield. Should I get that done also? I don't want it to look tacky. If anyone has pictures, please let me see. Thanks!!
Old 05-16-04, 01:53 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got it in the same color as my ride

so this looks good to me
Old 05-16-04, 02:04 PM
JenzLEX
Driver

Did you put yours on? If so, how hard it is it? I am sure as hell to screw something up on it? Also, do you have the tinting accross your windshield? I want to get the small lex symbols to go on the rear passenger doors too. Is that a bit too much? Lexus tags...Really about $65.00 for it? That's a lot! I have the bracket that came with the car but it still hasn't been installed yet so there are no holes there in the bumper. Should I do it? Thanks again!
Old 05-16-04, 04:18 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't put a LEXUS banner on, mainly because I already have emblems that say Lexus and L... So yea. But if you like the look, go for it.
Old 05-16-04, 05:31 PM
kyle8744
Rookie

i have a LEXUS banner, similiar to MRLEXUS's, although not quite the same. I think it looks good and not tacky, but it goes perfectly with the color scheme of my car (i'll post a pic tomorrow). its real easy to mount, just make sure to use a tape measurer and get it centered exactly right. also make sure to put it on straight, you don't want any creases. finally, once it's on let it settle for a couple days, then use a very thin pin to pop any large bubbles which remain.
Old 05-17-04, 05:06 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts
Question Check the law first

Originally posted by kyle8744
i have a LEXUS banner, similiar to MRLEXUS's, although not quite the same. I think it looks good and not tacky, but it goes perfectly with the color scheme of my car (i'll post a pic tomorrow). its real easy to mount, just make sure to use a tape measurer and get it centered exactly right. also make sure to put it on straight, you don't want any creases. finally, once it's on let it settle for a couple days, then use a very thin pin to pop any large bubbles which remain.
Is this kind of banner legal in your state? Check on it. Some states allow them as long as it does not protrude below a certain point in the windshield or rear window and block vision......some states don't allow them at all. Cops often WILL stop you for something like that.
Old 05-17-04, 05:18 AM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Here is a picture of mine.. I wished I didnt take it off now.. Nothing wrong with a subtle windscreen banner on the car!... I see MB, BMW's, Audi's and Jaguars here all the time with banners, so why not a Lexus..

Its pretty simple to do, as long as you take your time getting it strait, and getting out all the air bubbles.. Also remember, the shape of the windscreen is curved, so you have to centre it at the middle top, and work outwards on each side!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails I need advice! (Lexus decal across window)-martha02.jpg  

Last edited by AusLex300; 05-17-04 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-17-04, 05:20 AM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

I even put a little one on the back... The blue thing at the right is my old Georgia flag licence plate...

Chris
Attached Thumbnails I need advice! (Lexus decal across window)-picture-115.jpg  
Old 05-17-04, 12:47 PM
kyle8744
Rookie

i don't give a damn if it's legal or not.

yes, my car does have a large amount of paint chips on the front bumper.
Attached Thumbnails I need advice! (Lexus decal across window)-lex.jpg  
Old 05-17-04, 01:41 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont know, but I think its kind of ricey... people already know its a lexus, why display it on your window...? I like the look of cars with no emblems or stickers... I just alway laugh when I see a grand am or monte carlo with a sticker like that- I always think to my self- "Thanks, I almost couldn't figure out what kind of car that was "
Old 05-17-04, 02:16 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by sc400texas
I dont know, but I think its kind of ricey... people already know its a lexus, why display it on your window...? I like the look of cars with no emblems or stickers... I just alway laugh when I see a grand am or monte carlo with a sticker like that- I always think to my self- "Thanks, I almost couldn't figure out what kind of car that was "
agreed
Old 05-17-04, 03:19 PM
JenzLEX
Driver

Naww. In South Carolina, I don't think that's illegal. I had Accord and the "H" symbol on the top in yellow but got REAL tired of it fast and took it off. I'm not looking for something HUGE, just something noticeable. I was kinda starting to think maybe the small ones for the rear passenger doors. Not sure. OR... Maybe my little screen name "JENZLex" on the sides. Yea or Nae? AND FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE LEXUS TAGS, HOW MUCH DID YA'LL PAY FOR THOSE???
Old 05-17-04, 04:53 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Well an SC is a Soarer. And the last I checked they were made right here in Japan by Toyota.. Can't get any more rice than that?.. So thats an old and tired comment to make...Give the rice thing a rest..... What do you say to people who put all this sound stuff and lights all through their car? I drive past them also, and think, hey its not a nighclub!.. Come on, nothing wrong with putting a Lexus decal on your windscreen....If you like it Jenz, then go for it... As for HoeBag.. You replaced your Lexus badges with Toyota badges. Why?.. So that you would have something a little different from the norm?.. So people who live in glass houses....

Chris
Old 05-17-04, 05:22 PM
kyle8744
Rookie

nah basically i just want everyone to know i drive a lex and i want to flaunt the fact. i deserve to, i worked many hard hours to be able to afford it heh. also it makes the car instantly recognizable to anyone who sees it go by, therefore my friends and acquaintances will always know if it's me that just drove by them. i dont think it looks ricey, unless youve got it going along with a bodykit, huge rear wing, fart car muffler, etc.
Old 05-17-04, 05:26 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Agreed!.. If you wanted to keep your Lexus as it was intended to be, then nobody would mod at all...

Chris

Quick Reply: I need advice! (Lexus decal across window)