Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > Digital Photography
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The "Look what I got today!" Thread

Old 04-07-15, 09:58 AM   #301
RA40
Trader Score: (6)

I used Capture One many years back and the feature set of the time was pretty basic. Looking at the current features, it looks to be a good program. Depends what you desire for conversions and post processing.

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-S...-for-Sony.aspx
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Mike
RA40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 10:55 PM   #302
abounly
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA40 View Post
Skip the 5DII. Other than more MP and if you shoot video, the focus was like using the 5D-C. The MkIII is much nicer in terms of focus. The 6D would also be a consideration in that case and used prices are $900-$1K with 5-8K actuations.
Oh really? I was thinking of getting a 5dmk2 for replacing my 60d. I see 5dmk2 go for around 850-1200. Maybe i'll look into the 6d instead!
abounly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 09:24 AM   #303
RA40

Quote:
Originally Posted by abounly View Post
Oh really? I was thinking of getting a 5dmk2 for replacing my 60d. I see 5dmk2 go for around 850-1200. Maybe i'll look into the 6d instead!
New 6D bodies are $1,400 these days. Adding in the kit (battery, memory card...etc), B&H's deal is pretty nice. They also have a 2% promo code that that can be applied to other purchases after 30 or 60 days. Definitely a good option that is sub $1,500. If you have only Canon EF-S glass, this may be an issue on FF, they will hit the mirror. A bit of wallet increase would be the 7D II. I go back forth on these two myself.

Mike
Old 04-09-15, 01:08 AM   #304
Barbary
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA40 View Post
I used Capture One many years back and the feature set of the time was pretty basic. Looking at the current features, it looks to be a good program. Depends what you desire for conversions and post processing.

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-S...-for-Sony.aspx
Thanks, I am now complete & where I want to be w my camera system, an integrated all Sony, all APS-C; 3 Sony APS-C lenses, w the Sony a6000 APS-C body. I've figured this suites my particular situation best.
I'm an amateur life-long hobbyist. Having had access to this forum has elevated my Photo world, now more perfecting my photo's.
So I was turning my sights on post production. I remember you mentioning, Elements, a version of Photoshop and then this Capture One fell into my lap "for free". Well Free is Free, especially a program customized for Sony. I have exactly your link.
I'm Super happy where I am, going to be very very busy for a long long time. Going to try to not butt in too often. Got a Crater Lake trip in the back of my mind. So much to choose from out here. Thanks
LA Custom paint "Iced ~ Indigo/Purple"
Corbeau CR1 adjustable racing seats
Enkie 18" luxury's
Magna Flow's w 3" pipes, K&N filter

Last edited by Barbary; 04-09-15 at 01:52 PM..
Barbary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-15, 11:33 AM   #305
RA40

Enjoy! Post on the pics can be quite fun based on what you have in mind. This is one aspect over film and wet darkrooms that the trial and error presented more challenges. Using any of the various programs one can have various copies with subtle adjustments to play with.

Post up the pics from your Crater Lake trip when the time comes.

Mike
Old 04-14-15, 07:19 AM   #306
Allen K
Epic Allen
Trader Score: (4)

Lytro cameras are on sale on Amazon today 4/14. It's a novelty, but I wanted to check it out Just picked up the 16 GB one

Amazon.com : Lytro Light Field Camera, 16GB, Red Hot : Point And Shoot Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo Amazon.com : Lytro Light Field Camera, 16GB, Red Hot : Point And Shoot Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo

2007 IS350, Tungsten/Black Lux/Nav/ML - Sold after 111,667 reliable miles

TLN # π--> Allen G(oat)

Thanks...
Allen K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 12:06 AM   #307
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Finally completed a Nikon trinity...the 1.8 trinity. Got me a cheap and cheery 50 1.8 because my eyes are just crap with manual focus on the 50 1.2 to have it be effective. Still have the 1.2 but will be relegated to special occasions only.

Nikon D3S by Kevin.Dharmawan, on Flickr

Android, Nikon & Rice powered
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 12:06 PM   #308
1101GS

Wow your D3s still looks really clean and nice. I heard lots of good things about this one. How much better is it compared to your D600? I have a D610 and sometimes have problem with focusing. I was using it with 24-70 2.8 and Sb700 the other evening. The subject was about 10 ft away but the camera was hunting for the focus point. I found it quite surprising and disappointing.
On the other hand this just came in. Hope the weekend's weather will cooperate
Attached Thumbnails
The &quot;Look what I got today!&quot; Thread-image.jpg  
1101GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 09:28 PM   #309
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

I bought the D3S because I needed a better AF system and better low light capability. The fact that it can do 9 fps is of course a welcomed addition.

When comparing the D3S with the D600, the autofocus doesn't even compare. Before I got the D3S, I was using the D600 as my main camera and have always substituted technique to compensate for its slow AF. But once I had the D3S, the difference was glaring. Everything locks on effortlessly, and the tracking is so good that I could barely tell the difference between the D3S and the D4 I looked at as well.

Android, Nikon & Rice powered
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 03:17 PM   #310
RA40

After years of hearing "this is my walk around lens", "Love it"...etc I ordered one through Canon's refurb site. Price is $530.XX and tacking on tax, it was a sub $580 purchase. (They state free shipping but they have an odd way of adjusting the price to include a $17 Fed Ex shipping charge on the breakdown.) Anyway...

Will give it some testing and compare it to the 24-70 MkI that has been the main lens for playing tourist. I do like the weight difference between them. Funny because both are of similar tech of the time back from '05. Back in the day I felt the 24-70 offered the look desired so it was the choice. 10 years late on this.

additional: did a few snaps and I can understand why the choice went to the 24-70 back in the day. Adobe Light Room dials out a good amount of the raw characteristics so it in that regard it equalizes light fall off and the other usual lens distortions. (LR wasn't in use until '07 and it was basically a raw converter unlike now.) It didn't change edge sharpness and I feel my copy of the 24-70 does it a tad nicer. Imperceptible in real world typical images because we are not pixel peeping at corners when printed. This does contribute to an image overall and some just speak "yes" and others "so-so". This lens is a keeper and the $580 was worth it. The intended use is for the 5D-C or 6D (future) which is fine. The 24-70 will remain on the 5D-III.
Attached Thumbnails
The &quot;Look what I got today!&quot; Thread-cn-24-10575.jpg  

Mike

Last edited by RA40; 04-17-15 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: additional comment
Old 04-17-15, 03:17 PM