Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Sick of that reverse beep? Disable it with Carista for iPhone (yes, just released!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-15, 02:09 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jtnoboru
Thanks for the info, but I'm not looking for all that. Strictly the reverse beep and driver and passenger alarms.

Is the $20 a set price or is there an option for individual changes? The dealer was supposed to do the reverse beep for me last service but forgot.
It's a package price, sorry. No individual-change pricing. $20 gives you the option to change as many settings as you want, as many times you want. Including things that dealers often refuse to do, such as disabling the seat belt ding.

Originally Posted by edgalang
Ah thanks. If you guys also support Mercedes C350 I'll purchase the pro for the sake of it since I already have a WiFi OBD2 plug to reset check engine lights on another app.

But to my initial request. Do you at least know what I'm talking about? In that when you turn the car on, if you press the EV mode fast enough, you can actually go in EV mode and coast out of your driveway/neighborhood before the engine even turns on. BUT....if you wait just 5 seconds to push the EV button, you wont even get a chance to go on EV again until the engine is warmed up.
Yeah, I understand. I haven't come across a setting to change that behavior, sorry. If it does exist (as in, it's supported by the car), we can definitely add it. See if you can ask your dealer and if they say it's possible, then we should be able to find the technical info and implement it. Thanks.

About Mercedes: yes, we're planning to look into it, but we haven't researched the technical aspects of it yet, so we don't even know if it will be possible.
Originally Posted by chroma23
thanks for the clarification. are there plans to support acura vehicles in terms of customization? i have 2 acuras (2015 ILX and 2015 TLX) in addition to the CT and of course the more vehicles the app supports the better value the pro package will be. TIA
Same thing with Honda/Acura: it's on our list (probably before Mercedes, even).
Old 03-23-15, 06:16 AM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Does the dongle have to stay attached or can you remove after you make a change?
Old 03-23-15, 07:09 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wineguy
Does the dongle have to stay attached or can you remove after you make a change?
It does not have to stay attached. In fact, we recommend that you unplug it when you're not using Carista and keep the dongle in your glove box or something.
Old 03-23-15, 09:20 AM
tenthumbs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will disabling various features affect the Lexus warranty at all?
Old 03-23-15, 09:26 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tenthumbs
Will disabling various features affect the Lexus warranty at all?
We don't have an official statement about that from Lexus, but electronically, what our app does is the same as what Lexus dealers' tools do. In fact, we've had feedback from multiple Lexus dealers, telling us that they use Carista to change customizations on customers' cars instead of using their factory tools (since Carista is so much quicker and easier to use). So make your own conclusion
Old 03-23-15, 10:07 AM
edgalang
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One more question. Does Carista have a "reset to default" option? Or at the very least a save/export feature in case you sell the car later and want to revert it back to factory default settings?
Old 03-23-15, 10:25 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by edgalang
One more question. Does Carista have a "reset to default" option? Or at the very least a save/export feature in case you sell the car later and want to revert it back to factory default settings?
It does have a way to email yourself the list of all available settings, along with their current values on your car. There's no automated "reset to default" at this time (we're hoping to implement something like that in the future).
Old 03-23-15, 01:59 PM
jay2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtnoboru
Would this OBD2 connector work with the app?

Also, can I ask how much the option for the reverse beep, driver and passenger seat belt warning would be?
I got this exact same one and it works!
Old 03-23-15, 02:02 PM
jay2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will there be any other supported vehicles like Honda, Nissan, and Kias for customization?
Old 03-23-15, 04:58 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jay2
Will there be any other supported vehicles like Honda, Nissan, and Kias for customization?
Yes, we plan to expand our set of supported brands, but I don't have a timeline or priority order yet. The next ones are going to be BMW & Mini. After that, we don't know yet. We're looking into multiple brands.
Old 03-26-15, 12:43 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

@carista I got my OBD dongle, one suggested from your site:
Amazon.com: ieGeek® WIFI Wireless OBD2 Auto Scanner Adapter Scan Tool for iPhone iPad iPod: Electronics Amazon.com: ieGeek® WIFI Wireless OBD2 Auto Scanner Adapter Scan Tool for iPhone iPad iPod: Electronics

The app is having trouble connecting to the unit. What am I missing?
Old 03-26-15, 01:08 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nnnickkk
@carista I got my OBD dongle, one suggested from your site: Amazon.com: ieGeek® WIFI Wireless OBD2 Auto Scanner Adapter Scan Tool for iPhone iPad iPod: Electronics

The app is having trouble connecting to the unit. What am I missing?
You have to manually connect to the WiFi hotspot created by your OBD dongle (even though that's not all that clear from the messages in the app). Are you doing that? Did it connect fine and did you get a WiFi icon in the status bar at the top of the phone? Sometimes you need to wait about 30sec for the WiFi icon to appear and if you try to connect with Carista before that, it will fail. If that doesn't work, please email us at support@caristaapp.com and we'll help you troubleshoot.
Old 03-26-15, 03:05 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
You have to manually connect to the WiFi hotspot created by your OBD dongle (even though that's not all that clear from the messages in the app). Are you doing that? Did it connect fine and did you get a WiFi icon in the status bar at the top of the phone? Sometimes you need to wait about 30sec for the WiFi icon to appear and if you try to connect with Carista before that, it will fail. If that doesn't work, please email us at support@caristaapp.com and we'll help you troubleshoot.
Ahhh gotcha. I didnt know it set up its own Wifi network. I will try again
Old 03-26-15, 04:15 PM
blanka98
Driver School Candidate

Hi Carista, I bought an android version since you did not have an iOS version. Would i be able to download and use the iOS version without paying for it again?
Old 05-18-15, 07:40 AM
Jeekel
Driver School Candidate

Does it have any features for the settings of the media display?

Quick Reply: Sick of that reverse beep? Disable it with Carista for iPhone (yes, just released!)