A few mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-14, 08:38 PM
LoveCT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few mods

Hey everyone,

So after buying my 2013 CT a couple years now, I have done a few minor cosmetic modifications. Thought I'd share a few recently snapped pictures. Hope you enjoy them.

PS. There's nothing here that someone else hasn't done before.

Last edited by LoveCT; 11-12-14 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-12-14, 04:21 AM
Bobbyk
Driver School Candidate

Very nice indeed. Love those wheels. DId you replace the entire fog assembly or just the led inside?
Old 11-12-14, 06:58 AM
eskae3
Pole Position

Nice! very clean. I like the upgraded front bumper! ;-)
Old 11-12-14, 07:00 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Yes, I replaced the fog light housing to LEXUS OEM. Actually they are better value when compared to LED bulbs.

From front to back here are the modifications/enhancements that I have done so far:

1. 2014 F-Sport front bumper and 2014 LEXUS LED fog lamps
2. Smoked front license plate cover, and no holes front bumper
3. 2nd Gen. LED low beams
4. 3M Ventureshield wrap on bumper, 3/4 hood, mirrors, lights, and door handles
5. LED bulbs on mirror puddle lamps, interior, reverse brake lights and license plate lights (only halogens that remain are the turn lights and high beams)
6. FormulaOne Pinnacle Series Ceramic tint on windows and rear hatch (40%)
7. 3M gloss black wrap on roof and antenna base
8. Stubby carbon fiber look antenna
9. Momo Next 17 inch wheels
10. Aluminium dash trim
11. Door edge guards
12. JDM style stick-on/clip-on window visors

As I mentioned before, there's nothing here that someone else hasn't done before me. Thanks to everyone, who inspired me to do the small little modifications to an already awesome car. I think I will give further modifications a rest, well until someone comes up with something tickles the bug once again

Last edited by LoveCT; 11-13-14 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-12-14, 07:19 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Nicely done! That's a good looking car!
Old 11-12-14, 03:03 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you missing one, which LED is that for the license plate
Old 11-13-14, 05:19 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Originally Posted by whlkev
you missing one, which LED is that for the license plate
Yeah no kidding, how did I miss that? I know you've been a crusader for the perfect lumen license plate bulbs. I tried with a few makes and settled for a regular 5 smd W5W, if you wondered.

Last edited by LoveCT; 11-13-14 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-13-14, 07:33 AM
ip428
Driver School Candidate

Noob question. Fitment wise, is there any difference between 11-13 vs 14 fsport fronts? Did you have to modify anything or goes straight in without issues?
Old 11-13-14, 05:55 PM
LoveCT
Driver

Originally Posted by ip428
Noob question. Fitment wise, is there any difference between 11-13 vs 14 fsport fronts? Did you have to modify anything or goes straight in without issues?
It goes straight in, no modifications required. All you need is patience. Some parts are carried over from your original bumper to the new one, like the Lexus emblem, the rubber weatherstripping at the top of the bumper, the fog light wiring, and the fog lights (if you are not buying the LED fog lights). Although Sewell Lexus paints your bumper in the package, you should ask them to send you unpainted bumper. They could not properly match my Starfire Pearl paint. I ended up getting it repainted at my local paint shop. You save money going through local paint shop, and get a better end product.
Old 11-13-14, 10:29 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Great looking CT. Tasteful mods. Any other future plans for the car?
Old 11-14-14, 03:36 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Originally Posted by Initial G
Great looking CT. Tasteful mods. Any other future plans for the car?
Planning to give it a rest, at least over the winter. S.O. is questioning the miscellaneous credit card bills
Old 11-14-14, 05:19 AM
T4PP312
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be my eyes, but I dont see your door edge protectors. Did you get them clear?
Old 11-14-14, 01:32 PM
LoveCT
Driver

Originally Posted by T4PP312
Could be my eyes, but I dont see your door edge protectors. Did you get them clear?
The door edge guards are the same exact color as the body panel. I know it's difficult to see them in the pictures; but for example, zoom the last picture. Run your eyes along the door panel on the front passenger side. You'll notice a slight impression at the door edge near but above the horizontal body line. That's the impression of the door edge on the front passenger side. Now run your eyes horizontally to where the rear door edge is. You'll notice a very faint impression as well.

This is what I got from Sewell Parts: http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2013/5099.html
Old 11-14-14, 01:36 PM
T4PP312
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LoveCT
The door edge guards are the same exact color as the body panel. I know it's difficult to see them in the pictures; but for example, zoom the last picture. Run your eyes along the door panel on the front passenger side. You'll notice a slight impression at the door edge near but above the horizontal body line. That's the impression of the door edge on the front passenger side. Now run your eyes horizontally to where the rear door edge is. You'll notice a very faint impression as well.

This is what I got from Sewell Parts: http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2013/5099.html
Got it! I didn't realize they were color matched. Very incognito!

Delivery for me isn't until the 23rd So anxious! But your CT is very crisp looking and gives me ideas. I may message you about bulbs, etc.
Old 11-14-14, 06:47 PM
LoveCT
Driver

Originally Posted by T4PP312
Got it! I didn't realize they were color matched. Very incognito!

Delivery for me isn't until the 23rd So anxious! But your CT is very crisp looking and gives me ideas. I may message you about bulbs, etc.
No worries at all. I am guessing yours will be a 2015 CT. You're lucky, you will already have the rear license plate LED pre-installed. That light and the intensity are very nicely done; the kind of stuff you only get from OEM, and some of us are willing to pay big to get one. But alas, it is near impossible to replicate through after market parts. If you don't believe me, read this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...omparison.html

Now if you are looking into LED's for the interior lamps, this thread from another forum will give you an excellent starting point. http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...ed-lights.html

Quick Reply: A few mods