CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Traded Prius for CT

Old 09-30-14, 06:34 PM
ceads9
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traded Prius for CT

Finally did it, my Gen 3 with Solar, Navi,leather, JBL for an 11 Ct with NavI,memory seats ,real leather. First trip was 350 miles one way. It was everything I was wanting . It's better in the weak areas of the Prius...Noise, drivers seat, steering. MPG wasn't much less,.at 45 at 76mph. So far so good. We currently have a RXh and HS .
Will throw a few pictures out later when I get home later this week.

Chris
Old 10-01-14, 07:06 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 121 Posts

Congratulations! I got mine as a replacement for my Prius C. Massive difference, and like you said, not much difference in MPG.
Old 10-01-14, 12:36 PM
Soldier76
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ceads9
Finally did it, my Gen 3 with Solar, Navi,leather, JBL for an 11 Ct with NavI,memory seats ,real leather. First trip was 350 miles one way. It was everything I was wanting . It's better in the weak areas of the Prius...Noise, drivers seat, steering. MPG wasn't much less,.at 45 at 76mph. So far so good. We currently have a RXh and HS .

Chris
My wife had a 2008 prius and a 2012 prius V. I found the quality of the materials on the inside of the car to be extremely substandard and largely unrefined, but the gas mileage was simply amazing. I bet in the CT you get just the opposite and get to keep the mpg's. We actually sat in a CT 200h at a Lexus dealership and noticed a substantial difference in the quality of materials in the interior, (never actually driven one) and the ambience of the cabin seemed more premium as well.
Old 10-01-14, 07:29 PM
ceads9
Driver

Thanks ! Hard to believe people think they are the same just because of the CVT and Hybrid. Wonder if they say the same about all the other makes that use the same engine in half of their cars and trucks ? Toyota and Nissan Honda to name a few use the same drivetrain in lots of their cars. So why is it a big deal for Lexus to use the prius engine ? The HS had he Camrys . Sorry quick soap box
That wasn't about you guys just wanted to say it .
Massive is a good way to say it ��
Old 10-07-14, 08:57 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Nice addition to the hybrid stable too
Old 10-12-14, 07:30 PM
Torqueless
Driver School Candidate

How does the ct compare to the hs? Ive driven the hs before and must say i wasnt too impressed.
Old 10-13-14, 01:12 PM
ceads9
Driver

I feel that the HS has a little softer ride more room and lots faster . Seats are smaller on the CT however the have a nice feel with good support and the CT is funnier the drive due the way one sits and the steering. I like the way the HS sits up higher , it feels higher than an ESh. This might be way off but the HS is kind of like a smaller ES and the CT is like IS if that makes since. It took me time on the HS but I really like it now. I have the Tech package with HUD and radar criuse LKA dual power seats . I driven the ESh four different times and like it a lot but I would pay 15/20k plus the HS to get one. If I had 25 k I would get the HS (loaded) over the CT. That being said I really like the CT and would trade the Prius for it again just for the noise and better seats .
Old 10-13-14, 07:07 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris
If you get 45mpg at 76mph then my CT is completely broken.
I just dont see how that is possible.
I get 35mpg at 80mph on cruise, and that was from boston to houston only stopping for gas and one time to sleep.
Old 10-13-14, 08:04 PM
ceads9
Driver

Sorry to say that's what I got from KC to home 110 miles north to south highway 69 speed limit 75 mph. Going bok to Kc to the airport I got 41 two days ago . In town it's been lower than that , I use the computer to get the mpg since all mine have them it just a good measure to compare . That was the first time I bought it with tires at 5/32 , I just put new MxM at 11/32 so I'm sure it will go down . I can say the ESh could not get the 40mpg it's sould get , I can not get over 35 on it . I've never had a issue getting the highway MpG or better on any of my three now four Hybrids . If I could only get 35 I wouldn't have traded my Prius or would have bought another HS for 35 . Got 35 (HS)plus on a 3k trip to Destin with four people and the back so packed I couldn't put in another bottle of Yuengling Porter back there and the AC never stopped. I've bad the trip twice and about the same numbers . I run on Eco or normal with criuse and PSI at normal or 1-2 high (33/32). I hear people getting better than 45 and other on the site say lower so I don't understand it either.
Old 10-13-14, 08:07 PM
ceads9
Driver

One thing I don't like is the gas gauge , it seems off . Does yours ? Seems like 4/5 gallons seems different at different times .
Old 10-13-14, 08:28 PM
ceads9
Driver

If anyone gets a chance go read" my CT road trip" . It was started in March of this year , a member gives a brief Hx of his Ct on a few trips .
Old 10-14-14, 01:13 PM
skyrush
Driver School Candidate

I feel that the HS has a little softer ride more room and lots faster . Seats are smaller on the CT however the have a nice feel with good support and the CT is funnier the drive due the way one sits and the steering. I like the way the HS sits up higher , it feels higher than an ESh. This might be way off but the HS is kind of like a smaller ES and the CT is like IS if that makes since. It took me time on the HS but I really like it now. I have the Tech package with HUD and radar criuse LKA dual power seats . I driven the ESh four different times and like it a lot but I would pay 15/20k plus the HS to get one. If I had 25 k I would get the HS (loaded) over the CT. That being said I really like the CT and would trade the Prius for it again just for the noise and better seats .
My gf has the hs while I drive the ct. You've got the comparison down exactly. I prefer the CT though, I like the sportier ride.

In regards to MPG, I get about 42-43 mpg (the mpg readout is always 2 mpg higher, at 44-45). With the hs, we get about 31-34 (again, the lexus readouts are always 2 mpg higher at 33-36). I was hoping for better mpg for the hs in the city, we can't get any higher than 28. Most of the time it is at 22-24. I don't know how the heck it is rated for 35, not possible.
Old 10-14-14, 03:48 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Congratulations on getting the CT 200h. Very nice that you have the HSh, RXh and now CTh. The only Lexus hybrids left are the ESh and too bad we don't get the ISh or RCh...oh I forgot the GSh and LSh and the newcomer NXh...

Last edited by Trexus; 10-14-14 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-14-14, 05:54 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink Your mileage may vary.

If anyone gets a chance go read" my CT road trip" . It was started in March of this year , a member gives a brief Hx of his Ct on a few trips .
Here's a link to the thread referenced above.

My CT200h road trips

I've put 15,000 miles on my new CT in the last 10 months and my experience is that the fuel economy varies widely based on how it's driven. The worst fuel economy for a tank of gas I have calculated was 38 mpg when I was storming down the interstate at 75 mph. The best calculated fuel economy for a tank was 55 mpg when I set the cruise on 50 mph for about 200 miles on the Natchez Trace Parkway. Overall, my average fuel economy for the first 15,000 miles in 10 months is right around 45 mpg.
Old 10-15-14, 08:31 AM
ceads9
Driver

I would like to add, It showed 41 last night coming home from KC on the same highway . However this is the 2nd time with the new tires with less than 500 mile on them . im sure the new tires had something to do with it . I checked the Air that lexus set them at rear 35.5 from 36.5

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traded Prius for CT