CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Buying a used CT200h, have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-21, 03:27 PM
AtomsilGSF
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Buying a used CT200h, have some questions

Hey everyone! I’ll be purchasing a ct200h sometime here in the near future because my commute is about to get crazy long (don’t want to put 80 miles per day on my GSF) and need some help.

1. Is there any way to tell just by looking at pictures, if a car has LED or Halogen headlights? OEM led is a must for me since I’ll be out in the country.

2. Is mark levinson an option? From what I gathered, the US versions do not have the option but just want to make sure.

3. Should I also consider the HS250? Pros of the ct200h?

4. Anything I should look out for specifically? I know the basics on a used car and hybrid cars.

Thank you all ahead for taking the time to answer.
Old 10-08-21, 04:20 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

First. extremely jealous of your GSF, never sell it. ever.

1. You're not gonna find OEM LED headlights. Sorry to be blunt but its like under 3% chance and that was for new cars, even worse for used. You can do an HID retrofit though. with actual Lexus OEM RX 350 headlights as a modification. so pretty close to oem.

2.) I think the 2011-2013 had ML as an option from what I've seen. & the ML for the CT is not like how it is on the higher end models. But after the 2014 I don't think so but there is the upgraded 10 speaker option, not every CT has but a lot do.

3.) HS is faster and fits adults better but worse mpg. CT has much better mpg and WAY better handling (can take highway exit ramps that are fully looped at 60-70mph) which is something I think you would prefer because of the GS. Some more Pros for the CT is the backseat goes down, just bought a 48" LG smart tv on a whim and it fit perfectly back there. The more sporty looks vs the HS. Could sleep in the back if you had to for a night lmao (you never know). Also people are putting lithium ion batteries now in their CT and are reporting better mpg and further driving distances in EV mode.

4.) I just bought my 2017 CT200h I think about 2.5 months ago now. (its my third one, yes I have a problem no need to get into rn) and it was basically the last one with desirable specs at a dealer (Redline, Fsport, Navigation, parking sensors, 60k miles on odo & now upgraded f-sport suspension). It is very hard to find a decent one now with good specs. Also now with Covid Prices every CT is highly priced even the 2011-2013. So IMO look for ones that the body and interior are good shape. I have come across just beat CT's on the market owners totally trashed them. About mileage your gonna want to do an EGR service around 75k miles (+/- 5k) so just keep that in mind. So if you buy one with 60k miles just know you have the service coming up. You should look for an F sport model. If you find a good condition F sport but has no navigation I would jump on it because the F sports are really rare and everyone just uses their phones now for nav. Look for 2014 and up, they added many upgrades. and then if you can find an ultrasonic blue, atomic silver, redline or the weird cool 2017 only blue color those are highly desirable color options and good for resell. The problem is this car is so hot on the used market its insane. I have seen ct's posted for sale with desirable options and then the advertisement is gone 30 min later because it was sold. no one wanted this car at $41-$42k (actual msrp believe it or not) but everyone wants it used for <~$25k. You should try to hunt for a couple months and wait for one to pop up with desirable spec and options. I would try to buy one with less than 100k miles now given the market but try to aim for 80k miles or less, because if the owner never did the EGR service you can do it right away and then enjoy 80k trouble free miles just changing oil. whew that was a lot lol.
Old 10-08-21, 04:26 PM
AtomsilGSF
Driver

Originally Posted by shadow1118
First. extremely jealous of your GSF, never sell it. ever.

1. You're not gonna find OEM LED headlights. Sorry to be blunt but its like under 3% chance and that was for new cars, even worse for used. You can do an HID retrofit though. with actual Lexus OEM RX 350 headlights as a modification. so pretty close to oem.

2.) I think the 2011-2013 had ML as an option from what I've seen. & the ML for the CT is not like how it is on the higher end models. But after the 2014 I don't think so but there is the upgraded 10 speaker option, not every CT has but a lot do.

3.) HS is faster and fits adults better but worse mpg. CT has much better mpg and WAY better handling (can take highway exit ramps that are fully looped at 60-70mph) which is something I think you would prefer because of the GS. Some more Pros for the CT is the backseat goes down, just bought a 48" LG smart tv on a whim and it fit perfectly back there. The more sporty looks vs the HS. Could sleep in the back if you had to for a night lmao (you never know). Also people are putting lithium ion batteries now in their CT and are reporting better mpg and further driving distances in EV mode.

4.) I just bought my 2017 CT200h I think about 2.5 months ago now. (its my third one, yes I have a problem no need to get into rn) and it was basically the last one with desirable specs at a dealer (Redline, Fsport, Navigation, parking sensors, 60k miles on odo & now upgraded f-sport suspension). It is very hard to find a decent one now with good specs. Also now with Covid Prices every CT is highly priced even the 2011-2013. So IMO look for ones that the body and interior are good shape. I have come across just beat CT's on the market owners totally trashed them. About mileage your gonna want to do an EGR service around 75k miles (+/- 5k) so just keep that in mind. So if you buy one with 60k miles just know you have the service coming up. You should look for an F sport model. If you find a good condition F sport but has no navigation I would jump on it because the F sports are really rare and everyone just uses their phones now for nav. Look for 2014 and up, they added many upgrades. and then if you can find an ultrasonic blue, atomic silver, redline or the weird cool 2017 only blue color those are highly desirable color options and good for resell. The problem is this car is so hot on the used market its insane. I have seen ct's posted for sale with desirable options and then the advertisement is gone 30 min later because it was sold. no one wanted this car at $41-$42k (actual msrp believe it or not) but everyone wants it used for <~$25k. You should try to hunt for a couple months and wait for one to pop up with desirable spec and options. I would try to buy one with less than 100k miles now given the market but try to aim for 80k miles or less, because if the owner never did the EGR service you can do it right away and then enjoy 80k trouble free miles just changing oil. whew that was a lot lol.
THANK YOU! That was the exact answer I was looking for. Just from looking on Autotrader and auto tempest, I realized how hard it is to find an LED car for both CT and HS (there are absolutely none currently lmao). Ive got a couple of friends that work at the lexus dealer here in town. I’m paying cash for 1 so it’ll have to be under 10k. Color isn’t a big deal to me, NAV was, but if it comes with everything else and is nicer, I’ll go with that car. EGR service will definitely be a must for me since my budget is in that 100k mile range. I’ll do it myself, should be easy considering I’ve done blower installs, long tubes and other misc stuff on my past Cobra’s lol

Im not in a rush yet since I won’t be moving until mid to late next year, but, if the right one pops up, I’m biting the bullet. I get to close on my construction loan soon, so once that happens, the real hunt Begins. I looked for 3 months patiently all over for my GSF and one fell into my lap 10 mins from me!

Edit: I won’t ever sell the GSF. I absolutely love the car! Wasn’t my first choice for color, but it didn’t matter. Red seats were a must and I have that haha lol

Last edited by AtomsilGSF; 10-08-21 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-08-21, 04:42 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Sheesh, red seats are a must on a lexus sports car. I have seen some super good deals for around 15k, I have found some good ones for 10k also. Im gonna post some links around that price range for what seems good. 10k will probably get you a 2013 and under with reasonable mileage. newer models with have more mileage. I have heard though many people like the 2011-2013 models plus you already have a fancy gsf, so you know if you get that its not the end of the world.

2016 with 160k miles near me

Old 10-09-21, 08:05 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

1. Yes, you can tell easily if a CT has the LED option. The normal headlight has one large projector and the LED ones have 2 small ones side-by-side. But like Shadow said, you'll probably never see it because dealers never order CTs that way and few custom order them, like I did (and I had to for those reasons). It was a $1,500 option, which didn't do it any favors.

2. Unfortunately, the CT in the US was never offered with the Mark Levinson system. Our "upgraded" system is the base one you find in other Lexus models, then you have the base CT audio system, which is a step below that.

3. You should because even though it's older and was replaced by the CT, it is more comfortable as I believe it was never designed to be sporty like the CT with a firm suspension. Try it and see. It also has a larger engine (2.4L) with slightly more power, better interior if you like the luxury look (imho), and maybe more space?
Old 10-13-21, 08:07 PM
AtomsilGSF
Driver

Originally Posted by Raidin
1. Yes, you can tell easily if a CT has the LED option. The normal headlight has one large projector and the LED ones have 2 small ones side-by-side. But like Shadow said, you'll probably never see it because dealers never order CTs that way and few custom order them, like I did (and I had to for those reasons). It was a $1,500 option, which didn't do it any favors.

2. Unfortunately, the CT in the US was never offered with the Mark Levinson system. Our "upgraded" system is the base one you find in other Lexus models, then you have the base CT audio system, which is a step below that.

3. You should because even though it's older and was replaced by the CT, it is more comfortable as I believe it was never designed to be sporty like the CT with a firm suspension. Try it and see. It also has a larger engine (2.4L) with slightly more power, better interior if you like the luxury look (imho), and maybe more space?
Thank you for replying as well! I found a couple of LED option ct’s on carfax, just not ready to pull the trigger just yet. I think the HS will suit me better, although finding a car with the LED option is even harder lol. I have about 9-10 months before my commute gets crazy. Hopefully in that time frame I’ll be able to make my final decision. I suppose I should drive both cars first as well to see what better suits me haha.

The thing I do like about the LED cars on both models; is that they are fully loaded if you manage to find that particular option.
The following users liked this post:
Raidin (10-16-21)